Semi Final 2: Netherlands vs England live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Wednesday ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

Weather update: I'm about 30km from dortmund and it's absolutely bucketing down right now. Massive flooding everywhere.

This will suit Southgate’s style of football though :) It’s a sign!

If it is an compensation to you England fans. 

I had a headache before the game on Saturday and you won, and now got the same again. 

Must be a disturbance in the force. 

Pretty much ******** myself, can't remember being so nervous for an England game. 

PS - I'm not actually going to **** myself. 

Don't get why people find xG confusing. It's literally just a way to and answer "ah yes, but what about the quality of those shots?" which I remember my dad asking whenever you'd see 20 shots vs 10 or whatever. It is not, and has never meant to be, a perfect explanation of who was better. Its issue is weirdos thinking it means everything when it doesn't and is why freaks online try and argue bollocks like Jesse Marsch was harshly sacked without watching us when we were ****ing horrific.

My only real nervousness is around how we'll stop the Gakpo / Dumfries link up. Gakpo has been very effective and he's great at disrupting defences with his energy and physicality. He's a mismatch for Saka and Walker. Dumfries can skin Trippier all match long.

9 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Even the English hooligans aren't attacking. Southgate masterclass. :cool:

He's turned the Headhunters into a deep lying group protecting the back four. 

A multi person Harry Kane clone

Lot of assumptions after that Southgate interview that the freedom will be there, but if it’s not and we go out, it’s got to be asked, WTF happened to the changing room to go from confidence to fear. 

1 minute ago, TalkSport said:

Let’s see if the performances are better than against Serbia/Denmark/Slovenia/Slovakia/Switzerland.

Fixed.

Declan Rice:

It’s a massive opportunity. This tournament has been a rollercoaster but we deserve to be here and we’re in a really good place, mentally and physically.

The back three gives us stability and outlets with B [Bukayo Saka] on the wing, I thought he was outstanding against Switzerland. And Kobbie next to me, I’ve been singing his praises. He loves to keep the ball, wants to pass the ball. It’s a privilege playing with him.

We’re ready. These are the moments you live for. In 15-20 years we’ll be looking back at days like this, wishing we could relive them. Let’s make the most of it.

It's on gentlemen. The tide will turn today :cool:

I reckon if he dropped Kane then the opposition would be caught out by his replacement, and he can always come back on in the 83rd minute.

Just now, Ackter said:

I reckon if he dropped Kane then the opposition would be caught out by his replacement, and he can always come back on in the 83rd minute.

Considering how slow Van Dijk and De Vrij are, having a quick striker would've been way more dangerous if he plans to sit back.

How is Trippier starting? If it’s due to Shaw just coming back from injury then why has he started Trippier since the guys been injured since he left Newcastle

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

How is Trippier starting? If it’s due to Shaw just coming back from injury then why has he started Trippier since the guys been injured since he left Newcastle

He needs someone to bring on around the 79th minute to show he's making positive changes.

Can we have a separate thread for people who are looking forward to England in a semi final, and another for people who just want to repeat the same boring moans over and over before we've even kicked off?

2 minutes ago, BoroPhil said:

I can confirm that some of us in the north east understand the word insanity

Then why would he say that Phil? Why would he say that?

So far, we've had five uninspiring and negative performances that made the most exciting England team in decades look like a poor man's attempt at replicating Rehhagel's Greece. And somehow, we've made it to the Semi Finals. I suppose you've got to give Southgate some credit after all. :D

But no... I'm not confident. After their early scare against Poland and that defensive disasterclass against Austria, the Netherlands have played some decent stuff going forward and have looked better than England at this tournament. I just have a few questions about that defence - and Verbruggen in goal is not exactly prime Van der Sar, though he is still young.

I think the Netherlands score first, then England find a way to equalise and take it to extra-time... where Gakpo breaks our hearts. :(

I just hope we can at least give it a real go and leave with our heads held high. Please, lads, don't retreat into your shells again and meekly accept a 1-0 defeat.

14 minutes ago, m_fenton said:

Can we have a separate thread for people who are looking forward to England in a semi final, and another for people who just want to repeat the same boring moans over and over before we've even kicked off?

No this is for people that just want to spend their time moaning and taking shots at Robb I think 

• Administrators
Just now, SouthCoastRed said:

I've given up on ITV, just shocking, moved to 5live

They're  obsessed with how many Dutch are everywhere outside and the Orange Wall

The Graham Taylor stuff was a bit of an odd piece. Trying to prime us all for losing instead of showing us the 4-1 win at Wembley. 

Just now, Lucas said:

The Graham Taylor stuff was a bit of an odd piece. Trying to prime us all for losing instead of showing us the 4-1 win at Wembley. 

It's a different sport that ITV don't care about, but they might as well have reminded us of this.

12 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Then why would he say that Phil? Why would he say that?

Probably giving him too much credit, but was it a reference to the Grealish 'encyclopaedia' interview?

3 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Leaving Shaw on the bench when he’s now fit to start, what a clown :lol:

Can't expect him to start yet and a very good sub to bring on later that will obviously improve the team.

• Administrators

I’d really have liked to see Foden, Kane on the bench and bring them on later if needed. But if it wasn’t happening before this game there’s going to be no surprises in the starting 11. 

Poor Wharton is just not going to get any minutes at all this tournament is he. And I’d be surprised if Ollie Watkins gets any more now either.