Semi Final 2: Netherlands vs England live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Wednesday ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Foden! He’s so pissed off it won’t go in. Come on! 

1 minute ago, m_fenton said:

Was it, or did he rush it a bit because of someone lunging studs first towards him?

*in front of him, not at him/

1 minute ago, eenie said:

Not getting a penalty for kicking someone blocking a shot isn't getting penalised though?

He shot because he had the ball, he's entitled to.

In regular play, it's a foul. 

Just now, Heartwork said:

Really need to take advantage of this momentum cos I don't know how long they can keep this up before Southgateball returns.

Dunno, if they can lock Southgate in the showers for the duration of half-time, I reckon England romp this. If he gets a chance to speak to them, it's going to be a long second 45.

1 minute ago, georginho_juventusygr said:

Mainoo is a limited player.

He's just turned 19 and has barely a season of senior football, give him a chance.

Edited by Heartwork

I would much prefer VAR didn't get involved in that decision, but I'm not that baffled that looking at the replay it was given - Dumfries has gone in studs up, and I think his momentum is still taking his foot towards Kane after the shot. Can see why it's a foul. I think if Dumfries had got there first and cleared the ball and Kane had kicked him in the same manner, not one person would disagree with the referee giving the defender a free kick. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch, it's a foul.

My main issue is that VAR shouldn't have got involved. It wasn't clear and obvious imo.

For what it's worth that decision to play in Kane was poor from Mainoo but he's been playing well tonight and trying to be more progressive so I'm not gonna complain too much.

Just now, Butts said:

How do people think that’s not a penalty ffs guys gone through him knee high with his studs up. Those need to be given more not less.

He didn't go through him though? He was pretty much stationaty, including the leg.

Just now, arenaross said:

I feel like the ref knows he's ****ed up on the penalty so he's just not giving us anything now. 

Unbending himself, so to speak.