having trouble using set pieces please

1)

Start of season:

I set up a set piece: balanced, mark near post only, hybrid marking, corners attack near post, etc

Then, during the season, i play a team for whom the pre match report says they do not mark the far post

So i decide i want my attacking corners to go to the far post.

I just want this far post attacking routine for this one match only. Then after the match to return to the regular routine.

How do i do this?

2)

what is the difference between Save Routine and Save All Routines?

3)

what is the green circle next to 'Routine 1' on the set piece screen?

Thanks, Im new to FM 24

Edited by 2feet

21 hours ago, 2feet said:

Thanks, Im new to FM 24

You can just have a set piece coach set them up for you! That's what I do anyways :D

However...any in match tactical changes (including set pieces) won't carry over after the match ends. The saving mechanism allows you to pre-set individual set piece routines that you can then select within matches, should save you a lot of time. 

If you hover over the circle it will tell you! It's the games way of indicating the squads familiarity with the set piece, just like on the TI screen. 

Edited by Cloud9

2 hours ago, 2feet said:

thank you!

I still get confused about saving a routine, and saving all routines, and what they are named.

You can name them whatever you like (just like your tactical setups). 

I believe the "save" vs "save all" feature is just a matter of convenance on routines you'd like continued access to. You can load in set piece routines when it suits you or even from other saves...just like you would do with your "views" or "filters" on other screens. "Save All" allows you to then import in all your set piece setups you're currently running at another time.

Fm24 is just a big excel document lol.