The Final: Spain vs England live from the Olympiastadion, Berlin. BBC1 AND ITV1. Sunday 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/07/24 at 18:59

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CFuller said:

Another opportunity passes England by.

No complaints this time. The best team won.

Absolutely.

Best team on the night, best team in the tournament 

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Can I just suggest we shoot Baddiel and Skinner, because it’s never ****ing coming home

I suggest we ban the playing of any Lightning Seeds song in a footballing context unless it's "The Life of Riley".

Just now, Wavelberry said:

Deserved win for Spain but I don't think this is a 'Southgate ****ed it' situation. We played okay, decent effort, Spain were better.

Starting with the handicap upfront is on Southgate.

1 minute ago, Wavelberry said:

Deserved win for Spain but I don't think this is a 'Southgate ****ed it' situation. We played okay, decent effort, Spain were better.

We didn’t turn up for like 80 of the 90. Just another missed chance, which is frustrating. 

1 minute ago, TalkSport said:

Deserved.

Only so many times you can turn up playing ****, and stumble to a win. 

This. England got to this final through moments, rather than a solid team/system and selection.

England haven’t played well at all, found themselves in a final. Southgate doesn’t know how to do anything other than reactive, negative football. 

Spain comfortably the best side in competition and on the night.

Southgate actually made subs before the 80th minute tonight, so fair play to him for that, but yet again England didn't do their talent level justice.

Ah man, I wanted Spain to win because I thought they deserved it for being the best team. But I feel for the proper England fans on here who clearly love international football and live every England match, including qualifying matches. Rob, ginnybob, Haguey, skybluedave, fenton et al.

Hand on heart you can't really say we'd have deserved to win that tournament. Really shithoused our way through. 

No point going back over everything we've already discussed to death but I think that's enough for Gareth now. Whatever he got right or wrong... persisting with Kane throughout this tournament was nigh on unforgivable. 

Congratulations to Spain. Worthy winners. 

Just now, Pedwar Pump said:

Kane should retire and Southgate quit, he’s a master of failure

Kane is good when fit and with a competent manager.

England have made 2 Euros finals, a WC semi and and WC quarter under Southgate, vs going out to Iceland and the EASY group before.

Of course he'll go, and its time, but deserves praise not this immature hatred ffs.

Just now, Wavelberry said:

Disagree on the second point, its the same mistakes and negativity every game.  For example why is Kane still playing?

If we look objectively at the tournament we were lucky to get to the final.

Guéhi had a decent tournament but was ultimately the main culprit for both goals here. 

Also paid a price for persisting with a clearly bogus Kane and keeping Bellingham on for every second despite him being very obviously knackered.

Edited by Smallen

Feel sorry for some of the England players, some of them I think have done ok, come through this with reputations intact.

Some players have been very, very poor. Southgate’s been very poor despite getting his team to a final. 

Just now, arenaross said:

Hand on heart you can't really say we'd have deserved to win that tournament. Really shithoused our way through. 

No point going back over everything we've already discussed to death but I think that's enough for Gareth now. Whatever he got right or wrong... persisting with Kane throughout this tournament was nigh on unforgivable. 

Congratulations to Spain. Worthy winners. 

This really is the absolute dogs bollocks take on the whole tournament :applause::applause::applause:

Just brilliant tournament by Spain.

Easily outplayed every opponent, had one of the most difficult paths ever, lost a starter in the process and trusted the youth.

Rodri and Fabian Ruiz were disgustingly good. Then Zubimendi comes on and you wouldn't even notice Rodri was missing.

Too bad being subbed off will hurt Rodri's chances of getting Ballon, he absolutely deserves it for these two seasons.

For me he entered the highest tier of midfielders, alongside Modrić and Iniesta if we talk this generation.