Guides for setting up an entire training organisation for specific goals?

I was wondering if there was a training guide or some knowledge here regarding setting up a training organisation. I have found some steam assets but that seems to mainly be focused on gaming the system to maximise efficiency. I am looking for more of a guide to setup a coherent organisation, from tactics to staff, facilities and training.

My example is that I usually play with high intensity, not meaning gegen press but I want my team to run a lot and be “difficult” to meet. So lots of runs in attack and an intensive pressing mid block (usually). For this I need players with high values in stamina, work rate and team work, and I want players coming up from the youth setup to share these key values.

How can I setup an organisation to create this culture of intense tactics?

related questions are:

- should I look for staff with some key attributes? Especially HoYD?

- how can I influence with training? How can I maximise these attributes without messing up their technical development? (At what age should I develop physical attributes vs mental and technical?)

- how can I use mentoring? 

You can choose training schedules that support attributes that you're looking for in your playstyle. They will detail which ones they train when you click on them.

HOYD: 

Mentoring is through the tab, creating small groups. Your strong personality, high influence squad players can then impact poor personality, low influence players in this manner. The system is a bit RNG in the current state, check the media handling to try to reduce risk.

Edited by Cloud9

On 18/07/2024 at 20:30, Cloud9 said:

You can choose training schedules that support attributes that you're looking for in your playstyle. They will detail which ones they train when you click on them.

HOYD: 

Mentoring is through the tab, creating small groups. Your strong personality, high influence squad players can then impact poor personality, low influence players in this manner. The system is a bit RNG in the current state, check the media handling to try to reduce risk.

Thank you! That is good info regarding the youth intake. 

Do you have any knowledge regarding player development, and when different attributes develop? If I want players to have a good physical baseline, is it wise to focus a lot on physicals in U19 training, or do I risk stunting their general development? For team work and work rate I guess mentoring would be good then.

12 hours ago, kransen said:

Thank you! That is good info regarding the youth intake. 

Do you have any knowledge regarding player development, and when different attributes develop? If I want players to have a good physical baseline, is it wise to focus a lot on physicals in U19 training, or do I risk stunting their general development? For team work and work rate I guess mentoring would be good then.

I would recommend prioritizing technicals at a young age, mentals are easier to develop over the course of a career. Physicals you can work at as well when a player is a bit younger, but they will be capped to some extent based on their inherent/personal profile (height factored in to jumping reach etc). The physicals will improve naturally as they grow themselves.

I don't believe team work and work rate are impacted by mentoring...only the personality traits. Workrate/determination was previously boost-able by fining players. I'm not entirely sure about how this functions in FM24 where that system has been removed. I have noticed workrate is still fairly easy to develop on a player, so perhaps it has been linked to player/manager interactions this year (setting goals, criticizing training etc) but I don't have a verified answer on how that functions now.

With player development I would choose between making well balanced players and improving a players strong points. Which one you pick is totally up to how you want to manage and which job you want the player to perform (and what suits your system of play). In general I find specialized players a bit more interesting to manage, but that's just me :D

Edited by Cloud9