[FM24] Preston North End - The Long Road Back

After bouncing around saves for the past few months, I've finally managed to settle on a side that I'm quite excited to take over and attempt a long project with that I can write about on here.

Preston_North_End_FC_svg.png.99d7f45cdb0aeef1bba21121052b5c56.png

Preston North End will be my choice of club for this save! A hugely historic football club in English football, It is one that I think is perfect for taking over and trying to forge some new history and attempt to develop the club. For those who aren't aware of the clubs history, they were the winners of the inaugural football league, doing so as the first 'Invincible' team before Arsenal went on to match that impressive feat. They also went on to win the FA Cup that year too, ensuring they also hold the title as the first club to have won the domestic double.

Given the success of the club in the past, The Lilywhites have not seen top division football since 1961, and have recently spent time in League 1, which I think is something that will have to change, with this being the primary reason for my choosing to manage the club. They also haven't won a major trophy since winning the FA Cup way back in 1938, so maybe a cup / league win could be on the cards in this save!

Now the boring history lesson is done with, it's time to move on to the football manager side of things!

The Aims Of The Save -

• Win promotion to the Premier League for the first time in the clubs history
  • Win a domestic cup to end the clubs long trophy drought
  • Develop the academy facilities and attempt to bring through the next Tom Finney
  • Retain a British core for the squad, with an emphasis on more Scottish players as a nod to historical squads
  • Make Preston North End the biggest club in Lancashire!

deepdale.jpg.81db34cb34e8a7ada88b471804fecd80.jpg

So, can we bring home some success and add a more recent trophy to the cabinet at Deepdale Stadium? Time will tell, now time to get cracking with pre season! 

Edited by jamesh123