Clubs won’t hire me

Doing a journeyman save. Been over 12 in-game months and no clubs have offered me a job or even an interview. Occasionally I'll get a "the board would like to put on the record that they think you'd be an acceptable fit for the club's new vision" but that's it. Once or twice I’ve been the betting favorite for a job but no dice.

I have no qualifications or playing experience. I have every nation and every league playable. I did get the Qatari national team job immediately but I really want a club job.

Anyone know what the issue is? Do I just need to be patient? Is it a bug? Or maybe if I quit Qatar a club will pick me up?

try the lower leagues, they'd want to hire anyone to keep them in the division or get them promoted. But why did you leave the qatar job?

I believe it'll take you longer now

2 hours ago, XV20 said:

try the lower leagues, they'd want to hire anyone to keep them in the division or get them promoted. But why did you leave the qatar job?

I believe it'll take you longer now

I am trying them; and I haven’t left the Qatar job.

16 hours ago, The2ndAvenger said:

I am trying them; and I haven’t left the Qatar job.

ou, then they won't hire you since you're doing a diff job at the moment

Edited by XV20

TL;DR - I think it's a feature, not a bug.

So I run the Ultimate Manager Challenge which is a no exp no qual journeyman. 

Generally, you can get a first club job in a few lower divisions, but having an international job (at all stages of the game) negatively affects getting a club job. If your reputation is incredibly high, then you're probably still going to be able to get any club job in the world, but having an international job is always a negative factor, i think.

It is possible to make yourself unemployable. if you take over a really small club at the start of the save, and then leave without having achieved anything, it might be really impossible to get any job, anywhere, (even if you don't have an international job). I haven't tested that extensively enough.

Taking an international job as your first job is probably always detrimental. maybe in theory if you won the Olympics or some minor international cup, it might boost your rep, but I doubt it. No qual No exp journeyman managers should always take a club job first.

So, it's up to you whether you regard it as a bug. I regard it as a feature. I sort of hint to people doing the challenge not to take international or jobs in really low leagues as first jobs. The first job you take is important, as a mistake can add years to your path, or even close it off.

Getting any job with no quals or experience in real life is not very realistic, so it's an unrealistic part of the game, which I'm glad is there because it provides an interesting challenge / journeyman path.

There are other factors. Nationality is a factor, as is how you do the job interview.

Generally speaking, the level of first job you can get goes down a little bit each year. 10 years ago you could get a first job in for instance English league 2 or the top Chinese or South African divisions. Not all jobs in those divisions, but maybe eventually you'd get a club desperate enough. That's not the case nowadays,

41 minutes ago, vikeologist said:

TL;DR - I think it's a feature, not a bug.

Very helpful; thanks! Would I just be making things worse if I quit the national job, or would that open opportunities up?