Can we talk about mark sp.position?

What means about mark sp.position in PI?

If AML mark sp.position with OPP. DM, how to work in game?

Is he going to mark DM in formation whatever whom move in DM slot?

Admittedly a setting I've rarely used, but in my experience, the player marks his opposite number much better than other areas of the pitch. So AML against DR/WBR should produce the best resutls.

You will be able to get your AML to drop in and get close to the DM in the defensive phase but he won't instantly run to him once you've lost the ball. IMO before you decide you really want your AML doing this you should be asking yourself why a ST/AMC/MC isn't being asked to do the job as they are naturally closer? If the AML simply has to do the job then make sure he has comparitively high Acceleration, Agility, Teamwork, Work Rate, Aggression and Marking so he gets to the DM as fast as possible and sticks to him.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, felley said:

Admittedly a setting I've rarely used, but in my experience, the player marks his opposite number much better than other areas of the pitch. So AML against DR/WBR should produce the best resutls.

You will be able to get your AML to drop in and get close to the DM in the defensive phase but he won't instantly run to him once you've lost the ball. IMO before you decide you really want your AML doing this you should be asking yourself why a ST/AMC/MC isn't being asked to do the job as they are naturally closer? If the AML simply has to do the job then make sure he has comparitively high Acceleration, Agility, Teamwork, Work Rate, Aggression and Marking so he gets to the DM as fast as possible and sticks to him.

thank you for your reply.

In the other words.

AML is instructed to mark DR position.

Wha does AML to do  ,when  opposition's IWBR move into the DM slot in our defence phase?

Dos he sill mark DR position?

Edited by Aoyao

4 minutes ago, Aoyao said:

How to work when AML mark sp.position DR(not WBR) in the game which against 532(with wb in flank) formation?

I'm really sorry but I don't understand what you're getting at. If English isn't your native language, try putting your native language through a translator maybe?

I think what he's trying to ask is if the opposition's formation does not include the specific position that's targeted by the instruction, how does the match engine react? For example, if my winger is set to mark the DR position, but the opposition is playing a 3-5-2 with WBR (not DR). Does the match engine ignore the instruction completely or does it react in another way?

2 hours ago, dankrzyz said:

I think what he's trying to ask is if the opposition's formation does not include the specific position that's targeted by the instruction, how does the match engine react? For example, if my winger is set to mark the DR position, but the opposition is playing a 3-5-2 with WBR (not DR). Does the match engine ignore the instruction completely or does it react in another way?

It ignores it completely. It's a case of "if - then" programming.

Edited by crusadertsar

2 hours ago, dankrzyz said:

I believe what he's actually referring to is positional play ie the opposition DR in an IWB role moving to the DM strata - does the AML follow him and mark him in the DM position he now occupies.

• 2 weeks later...

Defending is proving harder than ever in Football Manager this year. Here Stinger takes us through 2 of the most confused instructions and how they can improve your defence!

On 25/07/2024 at 23:56, crusadertsar said:

It ignores it completely. It's a case of "if - then" programming.

What if my AML mark the opponent DR and that DR has IWB role which is moving in DM position in possession? My AML will continue mark him in his new position(DM) or he will stay in AML position?

1 hour ago, dzek said:

What if my AML mark the opponent DR and that DR has IWB role which is moving in DM position in possession? My AML will continue mark him in his new position(DM) or he will stay in AML position?

He will get drawn out of position trying to mark the player shifting into DM position. That's why it's so easy to cheese AI in this version if you know what you are doing. Fortunately for us AI is not as quick to jump on such faults from human player.

FM24 positional play has made cheesing AI easier than ever, to the point where it's not even fun. Reason why 433 and 4231 formations that use roles that shift positions due to Positional Play are so powerful in FM24. With IWBs on both flanks you draw AI fullbacks or wingers out of position. And then use Wingers or even Raumdeuters on flank to attack the space that opens up. Easy, One Two punch strategy. 

Edited by crusadertsar

On 23/08/2024 at 15:50, crusadertsar said:

With IWBs on both flanks you draw AI fullbacks or wingers out of position. And then use Wingers or even Raumdeuters on flank to attack the space that opens up.

Will they be pulled out of position for not following their assigned position (in this case an opposing winger with our IWB role) or for actually doing so and leaving space in their starting position?

1 hour ago, dzek said:

Will they be pulled out of position for not following their assigned position (in this case an opposing winger with our IWB role) or for actually doing so and leaving space in their starting position?

I meant that they will leave space by marking and leaving their flank position to go central. This might not always be a problem but is a problem when facing a formation that has a lot of flank attackers such as an aggressive 4-3-3. Another reason why when I set up my own 433 I love seeing a lot of varied movement (both inward and wide) from all of my flank roles. To really confuse and disorganize AI markers.

40 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I meant that they will leave space by marking and leaving their flank position to go central. This might not always be a problem but is a problem when facing a formation that has a lot of flank attackers such as an aggressive 4-3-3. Another reason why when I set up my own 433 I love seeing a lot of varied movement (both inward and wide) from all of my flank roles. To really confuse and disorganize AI markers.

Thanks!