People who use their DOF to sign players

In my AFC Wimbledon save I am in my fifth season and my DOF has signed loan players every window. A couple of them I have then instructed him to sign on FT basis.

In my Man Utd save I have barely, if at all, had a loan signing and I am in the third season.

Maybe it has to do with the signing ability of the club money-wise and the stature of the club.

16 horas atrás, CryingKuffour disse:

Have you been able to get them to sign players on loan? struggling with mine.

Yes on deadline day he always signs three or Four loans 

Why would anyone do this? The DOF seems to be set to sign players to on average make a smallish profit. They never sign anyone with potential and will seem to be capped at the 2 or 2.5 star level for it. Some of them work out to make decent money once developed for a couple of seasons, but I can't see how you'd be successful letting the DoF sign your players? It must make it so hard, unless you just cancel all the ones you don't like?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb busngabb:

Why would anyone do this? The DOF seems to be set to sign players to on average make a smallish profit. They never sign anyone with potential and will seem to be capped at the 2 or 2.5 star level for it. Some of them work out to make decent money once developed for a couple of seasons, but I can't see how you'd be successful letting the DoF sign your players? It must make it so hard, unless you just cancel all the ones you don't like?

I can only speak for myself, but the reasons why I let the DoF do all transfer business are:

a) It makes the game more challenging for me. I play this game since FM05 and it becomes very easy and therefore boring if you control everthing yourself.

b) It's more realistic.

You can be successful if you work with Transfer Targets. Took me 3 or 4 seasons to get Gornik Zabrze from bottom-mid table to title winners. He even brougth in a RB who I never heard of, but he quickly became the best RB in the polish league.

My approach basically looks like this: Identify positions that need to be strengthened, open the shortlist (no manual scouting allowed) and add every suitable player as transfer target, hope that the DoF get's at least some of my top priority targets. Then the DoF can do whatever he wants. Sometimes he finds a gem, sometimes players that don't fit at all. But I am a Bayern Munich fan. I know how frustrating some transfer decisions can be for a manager :D

It also adds a little tension in my gameplay. Most of the time I roleplay as some kind of very dogmatic (tactical approach, formation, etc) van Gaal type. For example: The left CD must have a left foot. I will bench the right footed expensive CD that my DoF brought in to let the unproven 18year old but left footed CD with better passing ability play, because the DoF failed to bring in one of my transfer targets. And if this happens too often, my ingame persona will get fed up and leave the club. Makes some really funny saves.

10 ore fa, busngabb ha scritto:

A more realistic scenario.

You won't have a squad full of wonderkids after 3 seasons and billion in the bank after 5.

The first rule of the game is not trust the stars(especially potential ability). The DoF actually made great signing. Yeah, sometimes they weren't a step forward to actually improve the team but they were underestimated or got on a free and could be sold for a profit.  Sometimes tho, it'd buy great players, just not that young so you normally would pretend they weren't there.

It's another game and mixed with an attribute-less gameplay it makes the game playable again

Edited by Andrew Marines

8 hours ago, Rofocale said:

I can only speak for myself, but the reasons why I let the DoF do all transfer business are:

a) It makes the game more challenging for me. I play this game since FM05 and it becomes very easy and therefore boring if you control everthing yourself.

b) It's more realistic.

You can be successful if you work with Transfer Targets. Took me 3 or 4 seasons to get Gornik Zabrze from bottom-mid table to title winners. He even brougth in a RB who I never heard of, but he quickly became the best RB in the polish league.

My approach basically looks like this: Identify positions that need to be strengthened, open the shortlist (no manual scouting allowed) and add every suitable player as transfer target, hope that the DoF get's at least some of my top priority targets. Then the DoF can do whatever he wants. Sometimes he finds a gem, sometimes players that don't fit at all. But I am a Bayern Munich fan. I know how frustrating some transfer decisions can be for a manager :D

It also adds a little tension in my gameplay. Most of the time I roleplay as some kind of very dogmatic (tactical approach, formation, etc) van Gaal type. For example: The left CD must have a left foot. I will bench the right footed expensive CD that my DoF brought in to let the unproven 18year old but left footed CD with better passing ability play, because the DoF failed to bring in one of my transfer targets. And if this happens too often, my ingame persona will get fed up and leave the club. Makes some really funny saves.

You’re nuts. It’s brilliant! I’ve said for years that FM is one of the best RPGs available and playing out scenarios and characters like you describe here is a lot of fun. :)

İ always use dof. Becaude it add challenge. İt is so easy to dominate game, we all know potantial player. 

And players tent to use always sam e players in every team. İt is pointless and play those saves.

When i give transfers to dof, it makes me exciting to wait dof as real world transfers. For example dof is tring to gel mason greenwood genoa and i am excited as genoa fan.

On 29/07/2024 at 22:55, Rofocale said:

b) It's more realistic.

I can't say the game is too easy for me yet, but I'll have to try this sometime. Can you hire & fire the DoF or do you just work with whoever it happens to be?

13 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

I can't say the game is too easy for me yet, but I'll have to try this sometime. Can you hire & fire the DoF or do you just work with whoever it happens to be?

Either. The harder challenge is to work with whomever you're given, but if you're not that hardcore and appoint your own, it's still tough.

Em 29/07/2024 em 22:55, Rofocale disse:

b) It's more realistic.

I do the same 🙌

Another way to play the game (which is actually the way I play it)

Is leave your scouting etc to the scouts, and every player that is scouted you add to your shortlist, then you are only allowed to sign players that have been scouted, and even then you have to add one of those players to the transfer target for your dof to try and sign.

This is the most realistic way of playing I believe.