Do you really like this game?

A simple question as many ppl complain about the game, the 3D match engine with all it's bugs and also complaining about the tactics.

Have you managed to be a good manager? Do you have any regrets buying this game?

A simple Yes or No should do it!!! (I intend to buy the game and i wanna know if it's worth:)) Cheers!

I don't regret at all, for one reason. I didn't bought FM09, I downloaded the pirate version to try it out first. And I'm glad I did since with all the bugs and issues it's not worth paying 55 Euros for it. I rather keep playing FM08 where I already spent a considerable amount of money and save my money for:

a) When they fix the issues in FM09

b) FM2010 comes out and it doesn't have so many bugs/issues

c) Some other game that doesn't keep coming out every year with the same bugs as the previous versions and with new ones as well

And what the **** are the beta testers doing anyways? I can't believe none of them noticed that bug where you see duplicated players on the formation... Jesus.

SI, get your asses out of your wallets and bank accounts and stop being so god damn greedy. If you can't launch a decent, bug-free version of the game in time then DON'T. Launch a data update for the current version (for a minimal fee) and postpone the new version to next year, at least you will have enough time to actually work on it and not make us spend more money on the exact same game and bugs.

I don't regret at all, for one reason. I didn't bought FM09, I downloaded the pirate version to try it out first. And I'm glad I did since with all the bugs and issues it's not worth paying 55 Euros for it. I rather keep playing FM08 where I already spent a considerable amount of money and save my money for:

a) When they fix the issues in FM09

b) FM2010 comes out and it doesn't have so many bugs/issues

c) Some other game that doesn't keep coming out every year with the same bugs as the previous versions and with new ones as well

And what the **** are the beta testers doing anyways? I can't believe none of them noticed that bug where you see duplicated players on the formation... Jesus.

SI, get your asses out of your wallets and bank accounts and stop being so god damn greedy. If you can't launch a decent, bug-free version of the game in time then DON'T. Launch a data update for the current version (for a minimal fee) and postpone the new version to next year, at least you will have enough time to actually work on it and not make us spend more money on the exact same game and bugs.

Bye,bye mate

At first i hated the game cause i was not gettin the results i wanted but after alot of time and effort im lovin it again and even more than 08 cause its realistic and when i get a win i really feel like i earned it.

As for bugs etc to be honest im not noticing them at all must be the way i play i tend to watch the commentery only and replay the goals unless its an important match i watch the key moments. All i see is people moanin about the bugs, the 3d engine, strikers not scoring and so on but personly i think SI have done a good job this year as they do every year.

Another thing is no matter how much you all moan on u still keep playin....surely they couldnt of doen that bad a job then.

Bye,bye mate

Still here mate. And I can keep coming back anytime I want. Plenty of emails and IPs to use.

If this morons can't handle the truth then they can kiss my money goodbye. FM08 was the last SI game I ever spent any money on. And I'm canceling my FM Live subscription along with it.

I am 29 years old and I have been playing and supporting FM since the first CM in 1993 (half my life). I resent that SI would rather ban 15 years long customers for being honest and speaking their mind instead of actually listening to the players who made them what they are today.

For that and for being greedy sons of bitch they can go **** themselves.

Think it's time to give the new Championship Manager a go. Farewell.

I'm really enjoying it, I missed 08 but I think 09 is great. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm having great success with the game. End of Feb and I've lost 1 and drawn 5, my last 15 games have been 13 wins and 2 draws. Alright, I'm Arsenal but I'm using mostly players that were already Arsenal players, I tweak my tactics a lot and I really enjoy the 3D match engine (ok, I concede it has bugs but I haven't come across any playing bugs that can't be explained with a comparable real-life solution - e.g Petr Cech cleared the ball all of 15 yards straight to Kevin Nolan IRL this weekend and was lucky not to concede, if that had happened in FM a lot of people posting on these forums would have said it was a bug).

My 2 cents say its a good game (not perfect but what game is, they have to stop developing it somewhere and release it otherwise we'd never have any games to play)

Still here mate. And I can keep coming back anytime I want. Plenty of emails and IPs to use.

If this morons can't handle the truth then they can kiss my money goodbye. FM08 was the last SI game I ever spent any money on. And I'm canceling my FM Live subscription along with it.

I am 29 years old and I have been playing and supporting FM since the first CM in 1993 (half my life). I resent that SI would rather ban 15 years long customers for being honest and speaking their mind instead of actually listening to the players who made them what they are today.

For that and for being greedy sons of bitch they can go **** themselves.

Think it's time to give the new Championship Manager a go. Farewell.

WTF you illegally downloaded a pirated copy and you claimed to be a loyal supporter? I mean, you didn't even bother just downloading the demo for gods sake.

You deserve your ban.

not convinced with this just yet,all i want after a day at work is just a couple of hours to unwind and play but Some of us just dont have the time now maybe if there was a "lighter" version.....(before you tactical geniuses start picking ive been playing since cm1 on a amiga 1200)

its quite a good game... but not as fun as FM08 which i have now gone back to after countless frustrating and tediously confusing hours on FM09. i will keep the FM09 disc in the hope that a future update makes it more enjoyable.

until that time, it sits in its case gathering dust.

Maybe this changes, but this game seems to be really hard. I want a game to be relaxing and I like to get results. That keeps me playing. Having to try again and again and after a lot of effort still not getting a result just asks a lot. The game already is time consuming as it is. With every year getting more difficult and more variables it is on one hand more complex and realistic and on the other hand more like a course than a game.

its quite a good game... but not as fun as FM08 which i have now gone back to after countless frustrating and tediously confusing hours on FM09. i will keep the FM09 disc in the hope that a future update makes it more enjoyable.

until that time, it sits in its case gathering dust.

FM 08 is a nice game, but it has one major problem. Newgens.

Yes & No

I haven't noticed any bugs while playing myself. I haven't been successful yet, got sacked in every job I've had, but I enjoy playing even when I'm losing

But I think that's due to me not really having enough time to get into the tactical side of things, I've read TT&F09 but I've not really had time to implement a proper system.

Although I do feel FM is going down the road of having one or two percent of players creating the systems and tactics and the other 98% of players downloading or taking hints from the creators.

I've had every version of CM/FM since the first on the Amiga and 08 was the first version I've had to look up tips and tactics for, the game is becoming too time consuming and difficult.

I opened a thread complaining about the game, which may have then taken a wrong turn somewhere. So I'll clarify my position on FM09 here.

I like the game. I love the 3D engine, it's exactly what I remember wishing for when I was playing the original CM2 so so many years ago. I think once they fix the bugs, it's going to be one of the best games in the series. I might actually consider buying a better computer just so I can more out of the game.

However, before the bugs are fixed, it's a huge source frustration. It reminds me of the old Nintendo game syndrome, where you were convinced that the game was flawed, but since they had sold it to you for real money, you kept second guessing yourself. Thinking you were just bad at the game and had to work harder to beat it, you just kept dronign and droning and droning while losing mind at the process.

I can't help playing FM09, I want it to work. But I just keep hitting my head on the same wall. The keepers can't catch the ball, if they do they give it back to opposition. The pace and acceleration stats are there only for aesthetic value, since everyone's seems to be faster then the guys on my team - no matter which team I pick. My team doesn't want to score goals, but shoot the ball real high and far instead, all the while the opposition scores screames even with their lousy players every other game. My "run-fast-run-far" players seem to enjoy standing still when they get the ball and giving it to the opposition. And even though all these and many many more happy fun things keep happening, I can't keep myself away from the game. I'm starting to think the devil's got something to do with this.

So there, love the game to death, but altough I thought it was just an expression, it seems to be just a prelude to my final aneurysm.

I think year after year SI have built on a good game and just made it better. I haven't seen many major changes apart from the teamtalks and the more in depth interaction with players. However, i would say that FM09 frustrates me incredibly, because it runs so slow on my computer and doesn't allow me to view 3d pitch. I know this is because my computer is not the greatest but FM08 ran fine on my computer and i would have thought that a game not entirely unlike it's predecessor would not take me 20 mins to process 7 days.

Other than that, i love the game.

I love it, getting immense joy out of it and with the 3d and other improvements it is a fantastic game... and I counted the other day, it is my 10th version of cm/fm, so good stuff for the anniversary ;)

I am really in two minds over this game. I love it and hate it at the same time, if that makes sense? I love the 3d match engine. It's really added something to the game. Although the graphics and animation are quite poor.

I also find this version to be much harder than previous versions, which is good, because it's keeping me interested, but also very frustrating, because you really have to spend a lot of time developing tactics. Reading the TTF document on this forum is a must! Don't expect to be able to use the default tactics and get any kind of success.

Some of the new features are good. I've already mentioned the 3d match engine, which I love, even though there are a number of bugs. I also like the fact that you can train preferred player moves. However, press conferences are really annoying. I just send my assistant. The tactical feedback from your assistant during the match is also a complete waste of time in my opinion. I just ignore it as I find I do worse when I follow his advice.

All in all, this new version is much more challenging with some nice new features, but the bugs in the match engine need sorting and some of the new features are annoying. Half the time I play it I want to pull my hair out, but on the other hand, winning matches is much more satifying than ever before.

I think that after the next patch, this game could be excellent!

Honestly, my fave ever was CM 3, it was wonderful. Especially at a tender age where i saved up my pocket money to buy the game. Nowadays, its changed alot. There are a few problems, but we often overlook the effort that SI games put in making it more resembling real life, although people may say press conference and all that addition does not add realism.

No game is perfect. I've not play anyone that is perfect, but FM 09 was defintely worth spending on. But i'd like to see the game flow smoother. 'Cos for now its like everytime i go into 3D match, it will say setting up match or something, then i can come forum reply one thread or go facebook poke a few girls before going back the match and its just kicked off.

I really do like this game, even with the imperfections.

I am really in two minds over this game. I love it and hate it at the same time, if that makes sense? I love the 3d match engine. It's really added something to the game. Although the graphics and animation are quite poor.

I also find this version to be much harder than previous versions, which is good, because it's keeping me interested, but also very frustrating, because you really have to spend a lot of time developing tactics. Reading the TTF document on this forum is a must! Don't expect to be able to use the default tactics and get any kind of success.

Some of the new features are good. I've already mentioned the 3d match engine, which I love, even though there are a number of bugs. I also like the fact that you can train preferred player moves. However, press conferences are really annoying. I just send my assistant. The tactical feedback from your assistant during the match is also a complete waste of time in my opinion. I just ignore it as I find I do worse when I follow his advice.

All in all, this new version is much more challenging with some nice new features, but the bugs in the match engine need sorting and some of the new features are annoying. Half the time I play it I want to pull my hair out, but on the other hand, winning matches is much more satifying than ever before.

I think that after the next patch, this game could be excellent!

Yeah the stadium looks absolutely awful. Lol.

Broke my game in half. The most frustrating FM ever.

My Players moving slowmo for a ball which lays 3 feet infront of them, while a player on the opposite side sprinting so fast that his legs catches on fire, making the ball BEFORE my players. Or when their keeper is moving forward with the ball outside the penalty area, always seems to serve world class passes to the strikers. Oh, and even the linesmen in this game can perform 30yard-screamers.

Still, I regret breaking it. Gonna stick with Viva Pinata, Tuneland or something I wont break in the future.

It does take alot off your time with tactics and all that but thats the realism for you rome wasnt built in a day neither is Football Management sucess...

In all honesty i was a little against FM09 with some off the bugs and 3D feature but i suppose if you actually want a realistic football management sim then there is no better ive owned Champ Manager and Footy Manager now for years (i dont care for this silly gaming wars) but Football Manager was always the 1 for me....

So go buy it NOW! :p:P:P

i love the game. granted, it is very buggy but i like the direction fm is going in. although the football played on the 3d pitch is far from smooth i.e awkward pass choices and movement, lack of 1-2's when it is the most appropriate move to make in certain situations regardless of tactics and other small issues. however, it has its delights, big dirty lunges into the back of opposing players by dirty players, great goalkeeper saves, skiffed shots, mis-hit corners, classic stevie gerrard top corner efforts etc but the 3d gives you a better look at what is happening with your team, i always thought watching 2d is pretty tedious and at times unclear and the 3d helps a lot. the other aspect of the game are good aswell, press conferences are fun!!! im glad i have it regardless of faults and complaints as im sure sigames will perfect these issues at some point. id say go for it and buy the game mermel.

p.s make sure you have a decent graphics card if you want to play 3d

i love the game. granted, it is very buggy but i like the direction fm is going in. although the football played on the 3d pitch is far from smooth i.e awkward pass choices and movement, lack of 1-2's when it is the most appropriate move to make in certain situations regardless of tactics and other small issues. however, it has its delights, big dirty lunges into the back of opposing players by dirty players, great goalkeeper saves, skiffed shots, mis-hit corners, classic stevie gerrard top corner efforts etc but the 3d gives you a better look at what is happening with your team, i always thought watching 2d is pretty tedious and at times unclear and the 3d helps a lot. the other aspect of the game are good aswell, press conferences are fun!!! im glad i have it regardless of faults and complaints as im sure sigames will perfect these issues at some point. id say go for it and buy the game mermel.

p.s make sure you have a decent graphics card if you want to play 3d

My graphic card is decent enough i suppose, it can support Red Alert 3 without problem, and its a game that is quite demanding on graphics.

I think the problem is the graphic of the game, not the computer. I don't suppose u seen the 3D match of other manager games. Not much better, but the stadium does not look EMPTY. :D

My graphic card is decent enough i suppose, it can support Red Alert 3 without problem, and its a game that is quite demanding on graphics.

I think the problem is the graphic of the game, not the computer. I don't suppose u seen the 3D match of other manager games. Not much better, but the stadium does not look EMPTY. :D

yeah, a empty stadium is a bit of a downer but if some graphics genius doesnt crack it and create their own stadiums and crowd then im sure sigames will implement something for stadium design in future games. they also have to keep in mind they cant just cater for powerful gaming and graphic engines. i think my card could just take a crowd and not much more. nvidia 6200agp is pretty old now boo hoo :(

thought it was the best one for a while but after finally seting up the OI and changing it every time i change tactics i think this game is sh**.

i can dominate a team from start to finish in CCC etc but they will always have the "30 yard screamer" that makes all the setting up worthwhile... not.

Archived