FA Cup Semi and Final played in home stadium instead of Neutral

bobtastic1

Hi,

Not sure how this happened but i've been playing a save for around 7 seasons and got my local team St Neots promoted up the leagues and into an FA Cup Semi final and then the final. Lost in the final as a Championship team but still not a bad effort. Strange thing is I noticed both were played we played at "Home" and when the matches occurred, they were in my home stadium.

Prior to starting my long save, I used the NotoriusPr0 winter update. I'm assuming this may be a bug in the way the venues are assigned. Does anyone know how I can fix this and have it applied to my save as I don't want to start again! I have the in-game editor available if needed.

Thanks

I expect it's an issue with the Fixture Dates for the competition. They default to home and will override any other settings. So it's probably set as national stadium in the final/semi themselves, but the fixture date says Home and that takes priority.

Posted (edited)
On 05/08/2024 at 23:59, Roy Race 9 said:

do you have a save prior to the final if so send me your save

and do you want the venue to be Wembely ?

Unfortunately I don't have the save any more. I mainly just want to correct any instances with cup semi/finals being in the right venue for future appearances assuming I'm able to get that far. Looks like it's not possible on a save annoyingly

Edited by bobtastic1

On 06/08/2024 at 09:21, rusty217 said:

I expect it's an issue with the Fixture Dates for the competition. They default to home and will override any other settings. So it's probably set as national stadium in the final/semi themselves, but the fixture date says Home and that takes priority.

Yeah, both my semi and final were played at Home so I suspect you are right. Pity this can't be resolved in a save for future semis and finals assuming I get there.

I haven't made it to any other semis or finals yet so will keep an eye out if it's only the FA cup or with other comps

1 hour ago, bobtastic1 said:

Unfortunately I don't have the save any more. I mainly just want to correct any instances with cup semi/finals being in the right venue for future appearances assuming I'm able to get that far. Looks like it's not possible on a save annoyingly

it is possible but cant be discussed here PM me

cheers