Is Institute - Drafts

I just noticed the points total of the first place team has dropped dramatically in the last 20 years of the test. Here is 2066:

image.png.f85365a7800f4a64d37c106883a6a1a8.png

The teams seem to be beating each other thus the low winning points totals and an extremely tight title race!

Finally, I ran the test until the end of April in 2084. With 3 games to go Liverpool are about to sew the title up, but it is very tight for the other places. Notice Millwall are in a relegation fight, and yet the previous season they finished 2nd! Very interesting. It's like looking at a league table from the 60s.

image.png.67b9d9eaad40f874557a7d8c47678628.png

1 hour ago, Roy Race 9 said:

I did as above and got the desired results

but I also made the 'big clubs' have age limits 14-26[so players over 26 cant be registered and are released]

didnt make them institute so they would still buy players

99f9bfb255edba28791b80ca1a0ee17f.png

My test was just to see what happened with the releases, but I will check my save a bit more

1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

This was fun! I tested until 2084. The league was as follows. Just look at the teams , and look at the lack of European spots!!! The English clubs just could not compete with their European counterparts.

image.png.c8d50d43ca60f84c123437e4a685fbca.png

This was with the file I uploaded?

Finally, I ran the test until the end of April in 2084. With 3 games to go Liverpool are about to sew the title up, but it is very tight for the other places. Notice Millwall are in a relegation fight, and yet the previous season they finished 2nd! Very interesting. It's like looking at a league table from the 60s.

image.png.67b9d9eaad40f874557a7d8c47678628.png

now your talking:D

imagine a league where all teams can beat one another, one year your in with a chance of silverware the next fighting relegation ....its wrong that

we all know football should be about a global elite who have all the money all the best players and the same elite clubs win everything every year, now thats fairness :rolleyes: 

The waiver option works well but there were issues when I tried this in FM23for leagues like Serie A/La Liga

because the senior squad a B teams allow some players to play for both so I was seeing players not registered for senior team but not getting released IMO due to those rules

NB I have found that if you set Min/max age for a club as below if they qualify for a continental cup the game wont let them take part and this can cause issues

99f9bfb255edba28791b80ca1a0ee17f.png

Did a run today and the results are glorious. I checked my file because I was certain I set more restrictions, but just the waiving already says goodbye to English success in Europe. Impressive.

Next up Italy, Germany and Spain with the same ;) And probably France and Portugal will follow.

The €1 transfer budget for the 20 premier league clubs curtailed the spending power. They couldn't compete with the big European teams. Man city had dropped into the championship and were mid table in 2066. So too, were Aston villa. The modest budgets of the other championship clubs gave them an advantage. The England national team severely suffered. Only reaching the world cup finals when they hosted the tournament! I couldn't quite understand why they were so poor in this test, as surely the English premier league clubs would be focusing on development of players as they couldn't buy the best. 🤔

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Did a run today and the results are glorious. I checked my file because I was certain I set more restrictions, but just the waiving already says goodbye to English success in Europe. Impressive.

Next up Italy, Germany and Spain with the same ;) And probably France and Portugal will follow.

would be good to get Italy /spain/france working with waiver I couldnt get clubs to release players

The €1 transfer budget for the 20 premier league clubs curtailed the spending power. They couldn't compete with the big European teams. Man city had dropped into the championship and were mid table in 2066. So too, were Aston villa. The modest budgets of the other championship clubs gave them an advantage. The England national team severely suffered. Only reaching the world cup finals when they hosted the tournament! I couldn't quite understand why they were so poor in this test, as surely the English premier league clubs would be focusing on development of players as they couldn't buy the best. 🤔

thats odd because the youth rating would be the same shouldnt matter if the top league isnt the best anymore

19 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

would be good to get Italy /spain/france working with waiver I couldnt get clubs to release players

Already in a test right now.

Second teams might throw a spanner.

3 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Already in a test right now.

Second teams might throw a spanner.

yep didnt see players getting released in some leagues due to that issue

what will you try to resolve this because seems AI are ok with letting unregistered players on high wages stay just to play reserve games/cup + continental games[I can understand the later if your a 'big' club then have players just for Europe but it needs a tweak or 2 to get it right]

Edited by Roy Race 9

Been trying a few things as using the age range on a club stops them playing in continental comps

so have tried to impose overall squad restrictions based on age instead

f3b40158b31d10738844d6371ebf42b0.jpg

over 35 is too high over 24 a bit too low IMO

so created xml file and changed the over 24 to 26 in notepad

fdd0d9d0fad45e4e9d8602f3bc55bb1b.png

however when I reloaded the file in editor the over 26 players displayed as this

it was changed  from over 24 overall squad rules

f22a6ce2a29586114de121ed3a919b70.jpg

to over 33 match rules :confused:

1f1c46e10b1bbb9b10c12b580be64e52.jpg

FM24 Italy changes xml test.xml

Edited by Roy Race 9

11 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

yep didnt see players getting released in some leagues due to that issue

what will you try to resolve this because seems AI are ok with letting unregistered players on high wages stay just to play reserve games/cup + continental games[I can understand the later if your a 'big' club then have players just for Europe but it needs a tweak or 2 to get it right]

Yes, test confirmed as such. Looking into what would need to change right now, but might be something for Historical Divergence which is perfectly OK (my world, my rules), but not work for default FM.

23 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes, test confirmed as such. Looking into what would need to change right now, but might be something for Historical Divergence which is perfectly OK (my world, my rules), but not work for default FM.

if you find a way let me know please

that sounds right to me:D

Edited by Roy Race 9