(FM 2024) Started from the bottom, now we are here. (A journeyman save): Unemployed (ENDED)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, AlfieLucas said:

:rolleyes:

Thank you very much.

10 hours ago, Lyiam_13 said:

I hope that you have more luck in this save than your previous saves.

Yes me too. Which is why I am taking my time on choosing my first club and all the clubs after that too.

First club, Erzurumspor FK.

We are in the Turkish 2nd division. One division before the Turkish Super Lig. Our long term aim is to get promoted to the top divsion and establish ourselves as a good Turkish team. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 110522.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 110600.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 110759.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 110823.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 111324.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) Started from the bottom now we are here (A journeyman save): Club 1: Erzurumspor FK (Sipping that Turkish coffee and managing a team)

Doing my due diligence. 

So according to the data hub 11 of the 19 assists have come through short passes. 

Therefore the most appropriate tactic is to control possession. And we are going with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 111903.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 111929.png

6 hours ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

Screenshot 2024-08-09 111929.png

Just looking at your squad view, I'd flip that - IW and W swap, DM and BWM swap and WB and IFB swap because your top right back looks to be more suited to the most aggressive roles. Your striker is also 32 and, as a PF, might not be the most rounded - is a CF(a) the most appropriate role here?

Also - from first viewing, seems your GK might be the weakest link of that first XI. Hope you can stem the flow of goals.

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Just looking at your squad view, I'd flip that - IW and W swap, DM and BWM swap and WB and IFB swap because your top right back looks to be more suited to the most aggressive roles. Your striker is also 32 and, as a PF, might not be the most rounded - is a CF(a) the most appropriate role here?

Also - from first viewing, seems your GK might be the weakest link of that first XI. Hope you can stem the flow of goals.

Thank you, I made a good start and we are well on track to avoid relegation. Will post an update soon.

Posted (edited)

Relegated from the Turkish 1. League and got sacked. Unfortunately we could not get the win needed on the final day to survive. But yeah that's life I guess.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 111505.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 111817.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 111936.png

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) Started from the bottom now we are here (A journeyman save): Unemployed

You should really be looking to implement some of the suggestions on your threads. Maybe even let someone create an initial tactical style for you to pick up some hints and tips from 

1 minute ago, danyates8 said:

You should really be looking to implement some of the suggestions on your threads. Maybe even let someone create an initial tactical style for you to pick up some hints and tips from 

Okay.

New club. We are back in Turkey. I am now the manager of Ankara Keciorengucu. My little Marco Silva at Hull moment, similar to when he moved from Hull City to Watford. Turkish clubs have seen something in me to hire me again. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 142910.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 142941.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 143122.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 143145.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) Started from the bottom now we are here (A journeyman save): Job 2: Ankara Keciorengucu (When Marcodeniz Silva Ugurcan, a fictional character in Turkey was created)

According to the data hub, we create a lot of chances with the help of through balls, so the tactic we have chosen is Route One, 4-4-2. It is similar to the Gerrard to Torres through ball tactic in the Rafa Benitez era at Liverpool, or the Gerrard to Suarez through ball tactic in 2013-14 under Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 143952.png

Screenshot 2024-08-11 144021.png

Based of the limited information you've provided this is the shape and instructions I recommend. Your AP-A will be the main source of through balls. The WB-A and W-S will provide width. The role that's giving me a slight headache at the minute is the right back. It could be worth using the 'hold' and 'sit narrower' instructions to build up in a 3-2 shape. It could also be worth applying 'stay wider' to you left CD-D then your back 3 should sit more centrally. Without the ball you should be defensively solid sitting in a 4-4-1-1 shape, if you are leading and need to hold on to what you've got changing the WB-A to a more reserved role could be a good idea. There is no guarantee this tactic will work especially with not seeing your squad in detail, I personally feel you may not have enough players in the attack if that's the case it could be worth adding 'get further forward' to your wingers.

image.png.00be3c63ddbbe40b2174d32b8841edb5.png

Edited by danyates8

18 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Based of the limited information you've provided this is the shape and instructions I recommend. Your AP-A will be the main source of through balls. The WB-A and W-S will provide width. The role that's giving me a slight headache at the minute is the right back. It could be worth using the 'hold' and 'sit narrower' instructions to build up in a 3-2 shape. It could also be worth applying 'stay wider' to you left CD-D then your back 3 should sit more centrally. Without the ball you should be defensively solid sitting in a 4-4-1-1 shape, if you are leading and need to hold on to what you've got changing the WB-A to a more reserved role could be a good idea. There is no guarantee this tactic will work especially with not seeing your squad in detail, I personally feel you may not have enough players in the attack if that's the case it could be worth adding 'get further forward' to your wingers.

image.png.00be3c63ddbbe40b2174d32b8841edb5.png

Okay I have changed it to this.

This is looked interesting that you had a new story after ending your previous stories. Also, you had a new job in Turkey after you got fired in Erzurumspor FK. I hope that you'll work things out good in your new save. I wonder what happened to Erzurumspor FK and who is their new manager that they replaced you?

Hopefully, you'll have a good career in your new club as long as you'll meet expectations better than it would be!

4 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

This is looked interesting that you had a new story after ending your previous stories. Also, you had a new job in Turkey after you got fired in Erzurumspor FK. I hope that you'll work things out good in your new save. I wonder what happened to Erzurumspor FK and who is their new manager that they replaced you?

Hopefully, you'll have a good career in your new club as long as you'll meet expectations better than it would be!

Yes thank you very much. I hope so too.

This is how the summer transfer window went. We got in a bunch of players and let go of a bunch of players too. We signed mostly good maybe a bit undervalued Turkish talent sprinkled with a few foreign signings. We had to sell to buy so we let go of some important players as well.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 095346.png

Screenshot 2024-08-13 095457.png

Screenshot 2024-08-13 095527.png

Screenshot 2024-08-13 095555.png

Screenshot 2024-08-13 095621.png

With so much change at the club we're going need to see another screenshot of the squad now available as the tactic given as advice may no longer be suitable. Another thing, making so many transfers may be exasperating the negative effect in regard to tactical familiarity, team cohesion and managerial support

17 hours ago, danyates8 said:

With so much change at the club we're going need to see another screenshot of the squad now available as the tactic given as advice may no longer be suitable. Another thing, making so many transfers may be exasperating the negative effect in regard to tactical familiarity, team cohesion and managerial support

I will show it to you soon.

Sacked by Ankara Keciorengucu. We were unlucky in certain games and given more time we would have turned things around, I had 13 points from 15 games. It was a new team and we were all adapting to each other. I lasted 6 months in the job, a month more than my previous club. But such is life and I will be looking for a new club.

Also we have surprise winners of Euro 2024 in the save, and it is Sweden who beat Spain in the final.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 105803.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 181946.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 182032.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 182123.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) Started from the bottom now we are here (A journeyman save): Unemployed
1 hour ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

I had 13 points from 15 games. It was a new team and we were all adapting to each other. I lasted 6 months in the job, a month more than my previous club. But such is life and I will be looking for a new club.

That is a poor record. I've got to say that, despite commenting here quite regularly over your last few saves, you don't seem to want any help and think that this type of career is realistic. Honestly, FM is way easier than real life, you shouldn't need to bounce around 20 clubs, winning one in five. You've also disregarded lots of people offering help - very often just blaming the players in order to try and create this narrative. 

If you plan to continue and want to be successful, I genuinely ask - again - that you slow down, ask for support (even if it's a screenshot of 'should I sign x player?') and look at each game from a tactical perspective. 

So I now have a new club. I have traded the Turkish coffee for some nice Chinese pan fried noodles. This was such an interesting offer and I decided to take it. This club is in the Chinese First Division (2nd tier of Chinese Football) We have some money to spend. And I hope I can build the club in my image. The club is JX Lushan. They finished 5th in the Chinese First Division. And I am looking to supercharge their way up Chinese Football.

This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 205423.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 205505.png

Screenshot 2024-08-14 205659.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) Started from the bottom now we are here (A journeyman save): Job 3: JX Lushan (Turbocharging our way through Chinese Football, hopefully)

This is how the transfer window happened. We basically have upgraded our squad by signing one of the top scorers in the league called Kevyn. We have signed a couple of players from the higher division and we have signed a few utility players as well. I hope we can have a successful season and we do well.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 101725.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 101810.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 101842.png

1 hour ago, ChaosClive said:

Why did you let your 2 best players leave for a combined fee of £101k? Did they both force moves or did you choose to sell them?

It would also appear that they are to a divisional rival, as well. Can you post some screenshots of the incoming players please? Again - you've ripped apart a team and will likely struggle with cohesion...

2 hours ago, ChaosClive said:

Why did you let your 2 best players leave for a combined fee of £101k? Did they both force moves or did you choose to sell them?

They met the release clause. That's why. Not because I wanted to sell.

44 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

It would also appear that they are to a divisional rival, as well. Can you post some screenshots of the incoming players please? Again - you've ripped apart a team and will likely struggle with cohesion...

I will.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 154139.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 154208.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 154235.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 154312.png

Also with the players you have and the tactic you have, I would not have a CF, as your striker only has 5 passing. I would play him as an AF. Also switch your BWM and DM as there may be a gap on the left hand side of your defence with your DL being on WB.

Honestly, start a save with a big club in a tiny league. Give yourself the best reputation and coaching badges. Turn off attribute masking and the first transfer window. Learn how to win at this game and come back stronger. I don't mean that in a patronising and big headed way but you've gone through, at least, fifty clubs on various saves this year, being sacked at them all. You've been unwilling to or unable to engage with any support from the community, sharing a post saying 'yes, I'll do this' and then ten games later showing that you've been sacked. I can't imagine that you, or anyone for that matter, would enjoy playing a game that they constantly lose at any don't know why - so, on behalf of the community - we're trying to help you!

10 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Honestly, start a save with a big club in a tiny league. Give yourself the best reputation and coaching badges. Turn off attribute masking and the first transfer window. Learn how to win at this game and come back stronger. I don't mean that in a patronising and big headed way but you've gone through, at least, fifty clubs on various saves this year, being sacked at them all. You've been unwilling to or unable to engage with any support from the community, sharing a post saying 'yes, I'll do this' and then ten games later showing that you've been sacked. I can't imagine that you, or anyone for that matter, would enjoy playing a game that they constantly lose at any don't know why - so, on behalf of the community - we're trying to help you!

Really enjoying this one, tbh. My time will come soon. Just gotta keep the faith.