Skins from the Steam workshop not showing.

I'm on a MacBook Air on FM24 and have subcribed to a couple of skins. I've tried logging out of steam and closing FM24 down but they don't seem to be showing downloaded. I've also tried the download link on the gam but get the attached error 

Can anyone please help?

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 20.22.59.png

1 hour ago, e1twat0 said:

I'm on a MacBook Air on FM24 and have subcribed to a couple of skins. I've tried logging out of steam and closing FM24 down but they don't seem to be showing downloaded. I've also tried the download link on the gam but get the attached error 

Can anyone please help?

Try and just download one from FMscout and place it in the correct folder (See attachment)

i can't say why it's not connecting you to the store

mac.PNG

10 hours ago, snowofman said:

Try and just download one from FMscout and place it in the correct folder (See attachment)

i can't say why it's not connecting you to the store

mac.PNG

Thanks for your response, downloading files from other sites like fmscout etc are fine as they initially show in my downloads folder, I then move to the folder destination you have added above and they work fine. I did subcribe to some tactics last year which came through fine. I think it must be to do with me not being able to log in on the game and click on the downloads option but not sure how to fix. I'm logged into Steam fine. Tried logging out of both, shutting down and even rebooting my laptop with no joy. 

45 minutes ago, e1twat0 said:

Thanks for your response, downloading files from other sites like fmscout etc are fine as they initially show in my downloads folder, I then move to the folder destination you have added above and they work fine. I did subcribe to some tactics last year which came through fine. I think it must be to do with me not being able to log in on the game and click on the downloads option but not sure how to fix. I'm logged into Steam fine. Tried logging out of both, shutting down and even rebooting my laptop with no joy. 

I'll try and ask around and see what i can find

Have you tried searching for folders called "skins" on your mac ? just to see if it's downloading to a wrong path ?

40 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I'll try and ask around and see what i can find

Have you tried searching for folders called "skins" on your mac ? just to see if it's downloading to a wrong path ?

Cheers mate. Yeah tried that. I've got the main one that has my other skins in it, and 3 others, which just have a config file in them which looking at the dates was added around Jan this year. I have no idea what they are so not sure if it's safe to delete the folders or not. Tried to search for the error but seem to only get answers for trying to start an online game which I'm not doing, Confused.com

5 minutes ago, e1twat0 said:

Cheers mate. Yeah tried that. I've got the main one that has my other skins in it, and 3 others, which just have a config file in them which looking at the dates was added around Jan this year. I have no idea what they are so not sure if it's safe to delete the folders or not. Tried to search for the error but seem to only get answers for trying to start an online game which I'm not doing, Confused.com

okay it was worth a try..

Can you please tell me which store it is that your trying to log into, as you said you've logged into steam just fine.

3 hours ago, snowofman said:

okay it was worth a try..

Can you please tell me which store it is that your trying to log into, as you said you've logged into steam just fine.

I'm not sure what the downloads button does on the main screen of the game, I assume it opens the steam store but could be wrong. It just seems that there is no connection between the steam store and the items I subcribe to and the game. Basically this pops up when I click on the dropdown on the main screen that says 'more', I then click downloads I get the error. 

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13.35.04.png

3 minutes ago, e1twat0 said:

I'm not sure what the downloads button does on the main screen of the game, I assume it opens the steam store but could be wrong. It just seems that there is no connection between the steam store and the items I subcribe to and the game. Basically this pops up when I click on the dropdown on the main screen that says 'more', I then click downloads I get the error. 

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13.35.04.png

i'm not sure tbh. i don't get the Download and i'm not sure i've ever seen it.. Maybe it's a Mac thing..

Anyway, i'll see what i can find and then get back to you.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, snowofman said:

i'm not sure tbh. i don't get the Download and i'm not sure i've ever seen it.. Maybe it's a Mac thing..

Anyway, i'll see what i can find and then get back to you.

Thanks very much for your help buddy, if it helps these are the ones I've subcribed to

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13.42.27.png

Edited by e1twat0
screenshot added

20 minutes ago, e1twat0 said:

Thanks very much for your help buddy, if it helps these are the ones I've subcribed to

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 13.42.27.png

The custom database files should be here at this location "\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\Editor data folder" - and the skin in the skins folder
The database files, you should be able to select them ingame when starting a new save

i've asked around and got a few things you can try

Is the Steam Overlay working ? on windows it's Shift+Tab key, not sure what it is for Mac's  ?

It could also be some Private Relay interfering with steam downloads, please check if you have that enabled.. and if you do, close Steam completely and turn it off and start steam again

Hope it will help you out :)