Set Piece Effectiveness

I was browsing through the Steam achievements and noticed there's an achievement for achieving full set piece effectiveness. Since I hadn't heard of this before, I went to check in-game.

I was positively surprised to see that for each set piece routine there's an indicator of the effectiveness. Presumably this is something that was added in this year as part of the new set piece creator?

image.png.f776df2a2b3a0d0bf21b0beb0cebbe73.png

This of course raises the question: How can I improve the effectiveness of my set piece routines?

• I have set up my set pieces manually at the start of the save and haven't really touched most routines since then. In this save, I'm only about eight months in. Maybe the understanding of each routine improves over time, but I am not sure.
  • I do have a dedicated set piece coach. As I play with Atletico de Madrid, he's quite elite at his job. However, as can be seen in the screenshot above, this doesn't seem to directly impact effectiveness.

To be honest, the first thing I thought of was (team) training. However, none of the training modules references any impact on set pieces effectiveness.

image.png.adb8105768533090d5dae06b5a2e40d7.png

I was expecting here to see a message like how the module 'Routines' impacts the set pieces effectiveness. If I recall correctly then in previous versions of FM, one could choose different types of set pieces to practice and in the training module modal it would mention how this would provide a small boost for the upcoming match, similar to how in FM24 there is the inbox item that asks you to determine the match preparation by working on specific set pieces. However, in FM24 in the Routine modal, it doesn't mention any impact on the set piece effectiveness, it only mentions how it impacts attributes.

Presumably, the team training module for 'Routines' might impact the Set Piece effectiveness, even if it's not explicitly stated. I say this because I cannot think of other ways to impact the effectiveness.

I do all my team training myself, but I have never scheduled a 'Routines' module in FM24, which could explain my relatively why my set piece effectiveness is only 'Okay'.

Long story, short: I just found this new feature and wanted to share. I'm also curious to hear if anyone has (1) been able to maximize the set piece effectiveness and (2) if you believe this has made an positive in-game impact in terms of goals scored and prevented?

Quick update. Since my previous post I've trained 'Routines' once per week for the last four weeks and the set piece effectiveness has already increased to 'Good'. Seems that by adding a session weekly it's quite easy to bump this up. Now hopefully it pays off in terms of output as well!

image.png.f5233050f55063ac9dbac54b2abc4fd1.png

My green ring is fully filled with an "Accomplished" label. I attribute most of my set piece effectiveness to having two central defenders with 18 and 19 jumping. We scored 21 goals from corners in Serie A. I also schedule a set piece routines training session each week.