Editing Prize Money Per Match

Hello, I've been trying to edit the prize money of the Turkish Super League in FM23 for version 23.4.0

Basically the Turkish League does similar to the continental competitions, you get money per win and per draw. For the Turkish League I'm just trying to test what would happen if I rose the prize money per win to like 200k (in the default it's like 150k, though in game it shows up as like 127k, and that's with both the currency in the editor and the currency I use to display being USD)

However despite having done it, it doesn't change the money per win in the save. (It also randomly gives the top 6 teams some money for finishing in the top 6, which I also cannot find to be able to edit) and I really don't understand why. I've wondered if it was other editor files, so I turned everything off except for it and it still doesn't work. 

I first tried to edit the Money - Grant Money per Match tab, as that's what default, that didn't work. I tried doing it under league settings too (both with money - grant money per match enabled and clearing it) and that did not do anything. 

I also did it for all 3 different versions of it, ergo the Super Lig with 20 teams, the Super Lig with 19 teams, and the Super Lig with 18 teams, so it's not an issue of it being done in the wrong tab.

Don't really know where to go from here so figured I'd ask and see if anyone has any advice on it. Thanks

Edited by CrowManager

Have a look at the Additional Helpers section. IIRC there's a Turkish Money one there that will override whatever settings you put in. Delete that (should do it in all 3 versions of the league just to be safe), then it should use the figures you've put in instead.

7 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Have a look at the Additional Helpers section. IIRC there's a Turkish Money one there that will override whatever settings you put in. Delete that (should do it in all 3 versions of the league just to be safe), then it should use the figures you've put in instead.

I did see that along with I think it was Discipline and wondered if that was a specific style of rule or not. My question would be, it >seems< that the Turkish League has semi dynamic versions of prizing, I have seen it go up and down in different seasons (Possibly tied to League reputation?) So I was mildly afraid that if I deleted that that would somehow hurt things severely, but I will try it, appreciate it.

18 hours ago, CrowManager said:

I did see that along with I think it was Discipline and wondered if that was a specific style of rule or not. My question would be, it >seems< that the Turkish League has semi dynamic versions of prizing, I have seen it go up and down in different seasons (Possibly tied to League reputation?) So I was mildly afraid that if I deleted that that would somehow hurt things severely, but I will try it, appreciate it.

All leagues should have dynamic prize money. It goes up/down based on rep. Rep goes up/down based on performance in continental competitions/coefficients (custom continental competitions can/will break dynamic rep and therefore dynamic prize money.

Not exactly sure how Turkey's helper does prize money, but I know a bit about the standard format which would be used if you delete that helper. IIRC prize money changes by approx. 1.6% per reputation point for high rep leagues. That % is higher the lower the league's reputation is. So eg. if you have 2 leagues that give 3m prize money to every team with 1 having 30 rep and the other having 140 rep, if they both get to 160 rep the 140 rep league will have increased to about 4-5m to every team, the 30 rep league will probably be the richest league in the entire world.

That's for league position prize money, but per win/draw/loss prize money is definitely dynamic too and while I haven't tested it I'd assume it works on a similar formula. So take that into account based on what you want the league to end up at if/when it becomes one of the top leagues in Europe.

On 14/08/2024 at 00:58, rusty217 said:

All leagues should have dynamic prize money. It goes up/down based on rep. Rep goes up/down based on performance in continental competitions/coefficients (custom continental competitions can/will break dynamic rep and therefore dynamic prize money.

Not exactly sure how Turkey's helper does prize money, but I know a bit about the standard format which would be used if you delete that helper. IIRC prize money changes by approx. 1.6% per reputation point for high rep leagues. That % is higher the lower the league's reputation is. So eg. if you have 2 leagues that give 3m prize money to every team with 1 having 30 rep and the other having 140 rep, if they both get to 160 rep the 140 rep league will have increased to about 4-5m to every team, the 30 rep league will probably be the richest league in the entire world.

That's for league position prize money, but per win/draw/loss prize money is definitely dynamic too and while I haven't tested it I'd assume it works on a similar formula. So take that into account based on what you want the league to end up at if/when it becomes one of the top leagues in Europe.

Yeah messing with lots of different things lmao. Ain't tryina get them to the top, just wanted a little more competition in 6-10 league range. Turkey being completely horrendous is a little weird to me.

Works well enough and I'm happy with it. Onto the next thing to mess with: Sky Bet League One, Championship, and the Prem. Tryina make a bit of a gulf from Sky Bet League Two to Sky Bet League One so it's not a total cupcake and insta promotion to the Championship. While also trying to not make it too much of a benefit when promoting to the Championship, while also trying to slightly nerf the Premier League Continentally. Shall see whether I think the attempts work or not, but yeah, I've kept it in mind