Homegrown Question

I have a couple of very strong prospects who came through my use system. They are in their second year with me and I can loan them out. Does loaning them out hurt them achieving their homegrown status? What kind of strategy should I use with these? Do they have to stay at my club for three years and then I can loan them out that way they are homegrown (club)? Any advice would be appreciated 

On 13/08/2024 at 13:51, JBoyd33641 said:

I have a couple of very strong prospects who came through my use system. They are in their second year with me and I can loan them out. Does loaning them out hurt them achieving their homegrown status? What kind of strategy should I use with these? Do they have to stay at my club for three years and then I can loan them out that way they are homegrown (club)? Any advice would be appreciated 

if they came from your academy they'll be HGC usually within the first year or so of being generated. There's a player information page that tells you when a player is expected to get this status. There's also a view in the squad UI you can switch to and view dates for players. The years don't have to be continuous. So if you have a player that is 3 months away and isn't aging out on that date then they're probably safe to loan out.

If you bought them they'd likely have to be at your club until they achieve the HGC status (usually 21). Loaning them out will prevent them from getting HGC status. You don't need that many HGC players that it should be an issue for continental competitions. Not 100% knowledgeable on every league's rules for HGC though.

I wouldn't loan them out if they are under 18. A loan to get more consistent playing time is better for development after a player turns 18 assuming you cant find game time for them at your club. if HGC is important and a strategic advantage then I'd start them over some other non HGC players if they're ready.