Hi all, 

I'm a Man Utd fan, and have thought that it would be good to work my way up to being their manager and hopefully win the PL with them. I've never won the PL before on FM 17, but I'm also not that intense a gamer.

I'm with Southampton now, and we are regularly in the Champions League. We are not too far from winning the league. Hopefully in another season or two.  This season is a battle between us, Man City and Arsenal.

However, the Man U job has come up and I'm the favourite to get it. Man U have had a hard few seasons though, and are 14th... where they have been hanging about for a good few years now. 

Winning the league with Southampton would be amazing, but as i wanted to manage Man U too, maybe i should go there. However, it would take ages to get them up to the top, and if it doesn't go well, my time there could be short lived. 

Have you had situations like this your saves? What did you do? Any advice for me? I'm actually leaning towards staying at Southampton for another few years... The Man U job will surely come up again some time...  

Thank you.

Take the man utd job, instead of saving regularly, click save as and make a second save file.

If making the swap turns out to be a poor choice for whatever reason and makes you think you have ruined the save, go back to your Southampton one.

Or

Still make a separate save but continue on as Southampton, and when you finally win the league you can always go back and take up the man utd job (it might become available again in your journey for winning the league if they keep underperforming as well)