Impossible to rejoin National team after being fired once

So I noticed pretty much in all FM's going back from 24 to 19 that getting back the job of international coach for a country you did before is impossible.
I was fired eventually in all cases after one poor tournament.
For example with Netherlands, I won Nations League, World Cup and eventually the squad lacked any real quality and lost early in Euro and got fired.
Still have the best win/loss ratio. Have won many titles with my club since, including champions league.

However, 10 in game years later if I try to get the job it never works, they always choose someone else.
I think this could be a bug?

On 20/08/2024 at 20:39, Dagenham_Dave said:

How many international managers in history have been fired, then after a period of time, been re-hired by the same organisation? 

Georges Leekens at Belgium, 11 years later.
Gregg Berhalter at USA, couple of months later.

On 22/08/2024 at 14:09, holidaysong said:

Mick McCarthy for Ireland with a gap of 16 years. 

Resigned, wasn't sacked. 

13 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Georges Leekens at Belgium, 11 years later.
Gregg Berhalter at USA, couple of months later.

Beerhalter wasn't sacked, his contract expired and he left to go to Qatar. 

Leekens the only one mentioned here in this thread that was actually sacked and came back, it's hardly a common thing. 

13 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Louis Van Gaal has had three spells in charge of Netherlands, over a span of 20 years.

Resigned twice, wasn't sacked. 

I don't think it matters if it ever happened yes or no. It's about the possibility not being there.
Also, if you consider winning the World Cup with the NL, you would not get fired if you play an "ok tournament" with a bad squad 2 years later.

And if you did, 10 years later the world can look completely different. So the possibility should be there, I feel it's not possible in FM.

On 24/08/2024 at 08:40, Dagenham_Dave said:

Resigned, wasn't sacked. 

Beerhalter wasn't sacked, his contract expired and he left to go to Qatar. 

Leekens the only one mentioned here in this thread that was actually sacked and came back, it's hardly a common thing. 

Resigned twice, wasn't sacked. 

lol what are you trying to do here? if a manager gets sacked by a national team, then has huge success over the span of 10 years and then wants to come back, they should 100% get an interview and even the job 

8 hours ago, Jono Cpfc said:

lol what are you trying to do here? if a manager gets sacked by a national team, then has huge success over the span of 10 years and then wants to come back, they should 100% get an interview and even the job 

The point being made, quite clearly, is that it hardly ever happens in real life, and this seems to be replicated in game. It's hardly rocket science. 

Honestly, this is why we have Brexit. 

It does happen in real life and it should be possible, not impossible.
If you are by far the best candidate you should be able to get the job again.
Btw, it's a game, I wan't to manage my own country and can't. Not even 5 CL wins later. It's a bug.