Cannot train player trait (coaches are "greyed" out) for only certain players

Lately, I've been having some success developing new traits in some of my players, however there are certain players that I don't have the option for. 

I will click development, training, etc. and then click the "discuss new trait" box and there the coaches are greyed out and I am brought to a hault.

- The players are not injured

- The players are not being rested/ on vacation

- The players don't have some crazy high workload

- There are other players who I do have this option for

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Are those players on a coaching course maybe? I know you can't set up additional training for players on coaching courses so I'm guessing the same would apply to traits training?

I think I may have figured it out.. maybe.  (BTW, no there not on coaching courses).

I noticed that when you go to the "coaches summary" of various players some of them have a hidden attribute that says "unlikely to improve in the future" or "must improve work ethic to improve."  

2 of the 3 players I have on my squad who cannot learn traits have those negative hidden attributes.  The last remaining one has no negative hidden attributes... less sure about him.  I went through all of my players and it's only 3 of my whole squad who have the problem so it's no biggie.