Making a 4-4-1-1

How would you make a 4-4-1-1?

Currently with a team squad whose best players are MC/AMC (including the #1 player in the squad), i'm lost on how to make it. I want to use a more "safe" double pivot, so it doesn't leave the centerbacks too exposed, and both wide players play more centrally, while both fullbacks provide the width (both are better suited as wingbacks). How would you guys setup the roles?

For the double pivot

CM def and DLP su or more conservative DLP def and CM su...

Inverted Wingers on each side :

- On attack next to the CM su and Wingback on defend behind.

- On support next to the CM def and Wingback on attack behind.

Just an idea of course.

Edited by coach vahid

12 horas atrás, CJ_Randell disse:

This depends on the profile of player you have and the style of play you want your team to play. 

Essentially, all my midfielders have pretty good technical attributes and can "pass" the ball, but i don't wanna go full tiki taka bc i still want to play a higher tempo style with some pressing

Assuming you have the players to fill the roles, I'd stick to the principle of having a Sitter, a Runner and a Creator/Scorer. 

Perhaps a CM-De BBM/RPM-Su combo with a AM/AP-Su in front, depending on if you want to play with 0/1/2 Play makers. 

Difficult to really know without seeing the squad you have. 

4-4-1-1 DM is a very good stable defensive system. But mind you will struggle to score goals or break down defensive formations. I ran 4-4-1-1 with DM double pivot for a few seasons and in the end wasn't that impressed with it. Just couldn't break into the Top 3 in LaLiga. Because we were lacking punch in attack. Since switching to 4-4-2 with two great strikers last season, was able to break 100+ goal mark for the season. Used CM version but will try 4-4-2 DM this season to see how well it does.

Edited by crusadertsar

If you want, you can take a look at my thread, where I show how I used the 4-4-1-1 with various settings.

Keep in mind that I have built these tactics around a group of players with very specific characteristics, which could also be very different from those of your players.

However, you had better show us a screenshot of your current tactic and of some of your key players, so we can help with more precisely

Edited by Fox-7-

One of my favourite roles in a 4411 is the Poacher.  Because the wide players start deeper, and you have a single striker, I found it important to use a role that keeps him central and focused on goalscoring.  The team then build around creating for a definitive no.9.  It tends to be a fairly secure formation too and so can win steadily if you get that striker firing consistently. 

You can put together a 4411 the same way you'd create a 4231, and then pull the wingers back to MR/L strata.

From what you say you could do something like:

GK/D

WB/A CD/D CD/D WB/S

IW/S BWM/D DLP/S IW/A

and for the two forward roles any combination that would suit your players best. It really depends on what your players are good at (pace, passing, strength) and how you want the team to play (high press, counter attack, etc).