Realistic weather for Football Manager 2025

For the upcoming FM, I recommend incorporating a realistic global weather simulation. This should reflect accurate temperature, wind, and rain patterns. To achieve this, implement real-world data based on climate zones for each coordinate and altitude. Wind direction and speed should influence the ball’s movement, while temperature should affect players’ stamina and fatigue. Rain should impact game tactics. Additionally, include local wind variations in different parts of the globe. For the editor, provide the option to edit weather conditions for each month, rather than just the four seasons.

Daveincid has an excellent 'realistic weather' file in his pack. However I have long desired weather having a real influence in the game. Right now i'm managing a small tropical nation playing in 30+ degree temperatures and counter-pressing all game every game. Shouldn't be happening.

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Daveincid has an excellent 'realistic weather' file in his pack. However I have long desired weather having a real influence in the game. Right now i'm managing a small tropical nation playing in 30+ degree temperatures and counter-pressing all game every game. Shouldn't be happening.

These are the things that would force people to pay attention to detail, so it is likely never going to happen. I think in past versions like FM 2007 these used to have a bigger change and you were almost forced to change the passing style at least. 

1 minute ago, El Payaso said:

These are the things that would force people to pay attention to detail, so it is likely never going to happen. I think in past versions like FM 2007 these used to have a bigger change and you were almost forced to change the passing style at least. 

I agree with the OP that that ought to be a thing. I can see your commercial argument for excluding it, though.

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

I agree with the OP that that ought to be a thing. I can see your commercial argument for excluding it, though.

I also agree that it should be a thing and that it used to be, but sadly one of these things that probably aren't going to happen. 

I have personally played many games in extreme conditions (+40 in Argentina and minus degrees and downpours in Finland and all those conditions do change things significantly). In all those conditions you need to choose your battles wisely. 

Edited by El Payaso

On 24/08/2024 at 14:17, El Payaso said:

Can't it just be an option to turn it off? It seems like it would be decently easy to have an option "Disable weather effects on match physics", and the match engine just renders every game as if it was 25C, 0 wind, 0 rain

Better: improve the weather and how it affects really the players and the ball physics and add that option to disable it. Really, I play gegenpressing and short passing every match, sometimes I got high degress and bad rains, I don't see any difference.