Domestic cup competition - byes for specific teams

Hi. I'm currently editing Croatian leagues and cup. 

I made 4 division of 20 teams each (80 total teams) and then I edited the existing cup (here named "Hrvatski Nogometni Kup") so that only those 80 teams are participating in the cup. And that works. 

But the problem is this - I want to have byes for specific teams, like for example in the English FA Cup where top Premier League teams don't play until the later rounds.

I want to make it like this also in my Croatian domestic cup. I set everything the same, but when I start the game, the teams from the Croatian 1st division, the top tier, are still playing in the earliest rounds and the teams in the Croatian 4th division have the byes. I even ticked the "Reverse teams" and it still happens. 

I want to make it so that the top 8 teams of the Croatian First Division have byes until the "Round 2, First Round" when the last 8 teams need to be added. Whether the criterium for byes for those 8 teams is last season' standings in the Croatian First Division or by best clubs reputation in general, it doesn't matter to me. 

Simply put - I want 8 best teams in the country to have byes. How do I do that?

Screenshots (uploaded via https://imgbb.com/, didn't know how else to upload it) and editor file is below. Football Manager 21. Thank you!

General

Teams

Round Defaults

Rounds

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vpnerrwg3zo76mq/Nations+–+rezerva.fmf/file

On 30/08/2024 at 23:06, themodelcitizen said:

Thank you!

One more question so I don't start another topic and spam the forums...

How do I put the cup final at neutral venue? I want the cup final to be played at specific stadiums from a list (for example Camp Nou, Wembley, Allianz Arena, etc).

I tried everything - I put Neutral in BOTH "Rounds" and "Fixture Dates", then in the "Stadium Rules" I've tried it all - "Stadiums for Fixture", "Stadium pool", "Host Stadium"...nothing works. Thanks.

Sounds like an offset date or something that's still set to "home" by default and is overriding everything... either in the round itself, or in the list of fixture dates. The "stadiums for fixture" would correspond with using stadium_0, stadium_1, etc, if I recall right 

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds like an offset date or something that's still set to "home" by default and is overriding everything... either in the round itself, or in the list of fixture dates. The "stadiums for fixture" would correspond with using stadium_0, stadium_1, etc, if I recall right 

I still don't know how to use "Stadium_0", "Stadium_1", etc, but somehow I figured it out with other settinghs. Now every year my Croatian Supercup is played abroad, in cities where there are big communities of Croatian diaspora, just like I wanted. Not that the game knows that, but it gives me a sort of a personal satisfaction, that in fiction atleast, Croatian emigrants are enjoying watching two of the Croatian top clubs :lol: Cheers!

On 04/09/2024 at 23:51, themodelcitizen said:

Nice! What cities? Sydney, Chicago, Toronto, Hamilton maybe?

Yeah, how did you know? In Americas Chicago, Toronto, Antofagasta (Chile) and Buenos Aires, in Australia Sydney and Melbourne and then in Europe Munich, Klagenfurt, Basel and a lot of venues from Bosnia and Herzegovina where most of the Croatian diaspora is. Working well so far :D :thup: