Prevent Nation from Producing Regens

oJMPx

Wanting to create the West Indies as a country by replacing Ireland Pre-1922. This is no issues, got everything working as i want

However i dont want the country to produce any regens

I am basically using this new nation as the host for my Caribbean Premier League, with every team being based on a different island (Antigua, Barbados, T&T etc)

Is there a way to stop this new country from producing regens?

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Pretty sure you can't.

Figured that

Ran a 25 year test, maybe 10-15 regens were made but never signed for a team. Guess i'll just have to put up with it

Crimea might be an alternative as there should not a Crimean nationality and there is no Crimean national team, but I think they might give Ukrainian and Russian newgens.

14 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Crimea might be an alternative as there should not a Crimean nationality and there is no Crimean national team, but I think they might give Ukrainian and Russian newgens.

Oh thats not a bad shout. Literally just want a nation to use as a host. Every team is based in another country, Will give crimea a go, thanks

Crimea were weird in FM23, not sure you could click on them. I preferred Czechoslovakia but not sure about newgens (at least they should have a surname from the new country instead of an Irish or Russian/Ukrainian namepool?)

Be interesting to see if Crimea do anything now - they were put in the game as a sort of holder for the Crimean League teams, but a few have actually switched to the Russian league system in 2024 and the game actually recognized that.

Have you combined all the Caribbean teams (or at least the same countries as the Cricket team) into one nation? How do they do internationally? Guessing Nations League and club comps were a mess but that can be fixed.

Let's say the 10-15 newgens you got were born on cruise ships and got one of these :D