[SOLVED] Editing rules for International, Continental Cup?

Hi everyone,

I've been working on editing rules for international and continental cups, like the World Cup and the UEFA Champions League. I’ve experimented with the "Add Club Continental Rules" and "Add International Rules" features but am stuck on the next steps. I’ve tried converting these into Advanced Rules multiple times without success, and I'm unsure how to proceed.

In the past, I've been proficient with "Add Nation Rules," which allowed me to modify the rules for international and continental cups by adding nations to these tournaments. However, I’ve come to realize that this approach is not ideal. Recently, I came across the "Club World Cup Redux 2024 (moved up to address fitness)" by @themodelcitizen and noticed that it used "Add Club Continental Rules" to adjust the Club World Cup rules.

Could someone please guide me on how to effectively use "Add Club Continental Rules" and "Add International Rules"? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Edited by theonenonly

3 hours ago, rusty217 said:

You want to open up the existing rules for those tournaments to edit things? Here's a guide on how to do it. it's a bit finnicky though, missing a step will break things:

Wow, thank you so much! It turns out I was on the right track with step one—adding nations to the tournaments to make edits. They figured out how to bypass the nation rules and edit the tournaments by exporting the XML file. That's fantastic! Problem solved.

However, I'm still curious about how @themodelcitizen used the 'Add Club Continental Rules' feature to adjust the Club World Cup rules like this. Thanks again for your help!

spacer.png

Once I had the rules open in a nation's rules, I deleted everything else from the "list" (i.e. the tournaments from that nation) and copied the remaining "list" (just the CWC). I then opened a file that had club continental rules added (not for any specific continent) and pasted the list over it. I then manually re-added the club continental rules entry that had been written over as part of the paste. Does that make sense? Can probably explain it better when I'm at home and have it in front of me

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Once I had the rules open in a nation's rules, I deleted everything else from the "list" (i.e. the tournaments from that nation) and copied the remaining "list" (just the CWC). I then opened a file that had club continental rules added (not for any specific continent) and pasted the list over it. I then manually re-added the club continental rules entry that had been written over as part of the paste. Does that make sense? Can probably explain it better when I'm at home and have it in front of me

A huge thanks to @rusty217 and @themodelcitizen for enlightening me! I’ve successfully done it—awesome!

• theonenonly changed the title to [SOLVED] Editing rules for International, Continental Cup?