Daring to Dream or daring to do [FM24]

AlfieLucas

spacer.png

After several weeks of scouring the globe for the right appointment to follow Antonio Conte’s departure, the fans became increasingly impatient calling for Levy to finally resign and let someone else take control of Tottenham. Not listening to any of those calls, he pressed ahead and tried to bring Ange Postecoglou to the club. His stylish football and charisma were a perfect combination for Levy and Spurs, but that deal fell through at the 11th hour.

Instead they turned to someone within their own ranks. Someone they knew the fans would immediately love and get behind. Sure he didn’t have any managerial experience, but looking at him from down the road he didn’t either and they’ve fared quite well once the board stuck with him. And Levy is hoping the same will happen this side of N17. 

Jermain Defoe is the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur. And despite already spending a vast sum on the likes of Maddison, van de Ven, Vicario, Johnson, Dragusin & Solomon. Defore has been given £65 million to add to the squad if he feels he needs to do so.

Despite the appointment of a popular figure for Tottenham fans, they’re still opposing ENIC at every available turn on social media. One trophy in their 23 years running the club isn’t enough for the fans and the constant mocking on social media grates on some fans. But they were told that the stadium would be a game changer. It’d allow them to compete on another level. And although they’ve spent a little bit more in recent years, it’s been done on all the wrong players, something the fans also hold against Daniel Levy. 

The fans who change higher up and they want it sooner rather than later. Otherwise they feel they’ll never be able to compete with the likes of City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester Utd. And now with the emergence of Newcastle United, Spurs could fall further behind the chasing pack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see, i'm starting right at the start of the 23-24 season and even though i've got a nice transfer budget, i don't plan on using it unless someone special pops up that i think could improve the first eleven and squad. But with the current crop of players i’ll be building around are Romero, van de Ven, Maddison. I'm also looking to the future with Udogie, Sarr again both already in the first team. But with Archie Gray, Jamie Donley, Will Lankshear, Jude Soonsup-Bell, Ashley Phillips, Alfie Dorrington and the best of the bunch, Mikey Moore, i’m expecting the academy to be thriving in the first team very soon. But for the foreseeable future, plan is to loan them out for the next 2-4 years to get valuable playing time.

Tactically i’ve gone with a 4-3-3 variant, but could also be classed as a 4-3-2-1 formation. With a higher defensive line, quick short passing and low crosses into the box, i’m hoping it’ll be an effective tactic, similar to Ange's tactics in a way.

As far as transfer strategy goes, i'm going to try and stay away from the usual wonderkids and players i normally go for. I know where i need to add depth and quality. Much like @danyates8 on his thread, i'm putting more focus into the long term strategy of my targets. I want to build a younger team, but i also want to add in experience when the right players come about. I will be using my scouting system, and trust their judgement. If they find me any A recommendations, even if i don't rate them as highly, then i'll still go for them. Trying to do something a little different. And i'll be maximising my budgets that i get, as i know Levy will penny pinch at any given opportunity. And by that, i mean i'll be looking to use installments to their fullest. It's a risk, i know. But i'm confident with the right players, tactics, coaching staff, we'll be in the Champions League sooner rather than later. 

I know i need home grown players and normally that's a strategy i stick by, but i'm confident my crop of youngsters will come good and give me that in a few years. In the meantime, i've just got to get by and hope i can fufil squad registration rules.

And my coaching staff will follow Jermain's ideals as closely as possible. If everyone is singing from the same hymm sheet, it should make it easier and bring success.

And i've already completed the season, so will probably do a 2 or 3 monthly update till i catch up.

12 hours ago, danyates8 said:

Will be following this one with a keen eye, looking forward to seeing who you bring in if anyone!

Thanks. I ended up making one permanent signing and one loan signing during the 23' Summer window, which you'll see very soon.

11 hours ago, warlock said:

@AlfieLucas Good luck with this one :thup:

Thank you. Now that i'm a season deep, i feel this is the one :lol:

spacer.png

Knowing the squad was largely going to remain intact, I decided to renew the contracts of Royal, Lo Celso and Reguilion. The reasoning behind it was to maximise their value to sell them in twelve months. And was hoping they'd understand they were important to the squad, and play well when called upon, which they were. From the development squads, I called up Archie Gray, Ashley Phillips, Alfie Dorrington, Will Lankshear, Jamie Donley and Mikey Moore. All of these will play important roles in the future of this club, but in the end decided to loan out Phillips, Dorrington & Donley to give them vital first-team exposure. Keeping Gray, Moore and Lankshear around the fringes.

July Results

spacer.png

A standard set of results in July, one standout in our tour of Malaysia. Trying to bed the tactics in and get match fit, that's all it's about.

August, September & October Results

Three days before the season started, I wanted to make use of the budget that Levy had been generous to give me, before he takes it from me. I knew if Porro got injured, suspended or just out of form, I couldn't trust Royal to produce what I was asking. So delved into the market, knowing who I wanted. And it cost me a bit more in wages than I would've liked, but he needed to be convinced to leave. With his club having European football that's something we couldn't offer him.

spacer.png

Triggering his release clause, as i knew he'd be a vital part of the team and his value would shoot up. And i knew whichever right back i picked, i could count on. Towards the end of the month, i decided to also purchase Pascal Struijk from Leeds on a season-long loan, to cover at CB in the cups mainly. They were my only signings of the summer transfer window.

spacer.png

Chelsea, City away, Liverpool at home in my first six games, throwing Newcastle into the mix, i wasn't expecting a truly great start. But the lads didn't let me down. We destroyed Newcastle, getting some redemption after the past two thumpings at SJP IRL. Braces from Porro and Son, with Sarr and BJ rounding off the scoring. Confidence booming, we went to Chelsea. A ground notoriously difficult for us and with 17 minutes left on the clock, BJ scored what proved to be the winner. And to rub salt into the Chelsea wounds, Disasi gets himself sent off with just 9 minutes left. Liverpool and City for me were free hits, as I expected to beat Wolves. But not only did we manage to exact a slight bit of revenge over Liverpool, thanks to Son. Heading to City in good spirits, and a Dias own goal in the 81st minute almost gave us all three points. But Alvarez plundered in the equaliser just two minutes later. Even though City dominated possession, we were far superior with our shots and shots on target, definitely unlucky to walk away with just a point. 

We struggled past Leyton Orient in the Carabao Cup, before a tight defeat away to Liverpool with a much-changed side that included the likes of Gray and Moore. Skipp and Davies at CB, Soloman joining Moore on the wing, and Lankshear leading the line. Disappointing to lose, but certainly saw some good things for the future. Another tough game awaited us, this time against Villa. And it ended all square as Bailey cancelled out Richarlison's opener. Routine wins against Forest and Bournemouth, as we approached Brighton. And even though they were doing well, i fully expected us to take home all three points. But we got brought back down to earth with a huge bump. And our first defeat in TEN premier league games. Something i never thought we'd do so soon into Defoe's tenure.

spacer.png

Keeping close to the top 2 thus far, which i'm more than happy with. The goals for the season are Top 6 and some silverware ideally.

4 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Good signing in Frimpong! Decent price too. Good start in the league considering the tough opposition you've faced.

It was, that was my main reason for going in for him that summer. He normally signs a new contract and is valued almost double that, so acted fast.

And thanks, i always like getting the big 6 away games out of the way in the first half of the season if i can, and as earliest as possible.

sddefault.jpg

Going strong into the end of the year?

spacer.png

November was always going to be a tricky month. Two London derbies, in a row. And then Man Utd who although they weren't doing particularly well, still can cause problems. Despite hammering West Ham, we struggled against Arsenal (understandably) and Utd (should've won).

And in December, I was disappointed in the end. Looking at the fixtures, i knew we could and should win all 6. And the only one we couldn't win, we dominated Everton and they couldn't even muster a shot on target. But we went undefeated during the month and won the Premier League Manager of the Month award, which was nice.

January, the boys must've still been hungover from the New Year as we played poorly and lost to Newcastle. Giving up ground to the top 2. Another win over West Ham, this time in the F.A Cup was a quick pick me up. Dismantling Luton and then Sheffield Wednesday in the league, cup, was pleasing. And went into the Chelsea game full of confidence and knowing they were in 10th, aiming to bring them more misery. But somehow, they scrapped a goalless draw. Much to my disappointment.

So we ended January falling further behind City and Arsenal, which we knew we'd never keep close to them. But we're still looking over our shoulders at Villa and Liverpool who are hot on our tail. I want to fend off both Villa and Liverpool, but as it stands, the top 5 will get us Champions League football again.

spacer.png

January Transfer News

With the loss of Bissouma & Sarr to the African Nations Cup, as well as the loss of Son to the Asian Cup during January and February, i needed some reinforcements to cover those positions.

Jan24-Transfers-In.jpg

Struijk was recalled by Leeds as he hardly featured for us, and in his place, I loaned Chalobah to deputise his and potentially Bissouma if needed. Kokcu was my Sarr replacement, but i ended up swapping his and Maddison's positions, with good results. When I saw Neto on loan, I couldn't help myself and he was a quality backup to Kulu and BJ. With Son on international duty, I needed some reinforcements up top, and I saw Ferguson and when I saw his value, I jumped at the chance. Not only could he help out now, but he was also for the future. And with Richarlison leaving, I needed someone else in and Tel was the subject of a bid from someone else so I swopped in. As I reckoned he could help now and in the future. Still trying to work out Tel's best position as he can play AML as well as striker.

Jan24-Transfers-Out.jpg

Jan24-Transfers-Out2.jpg

Jan24-Transfers-Out3.jpg

Saw a lot of outgoings in January. The fees I got for Richarlison, Davies and Royal were too good to resist. And they didn't bring too much to the squad, so went through with the sales. The rest were youngsters either on loan, or permanent. As we headed into the last part of the season, I was happy with the squad. Especially as Bissouma, Sarr and Son were coming back.

20240818003425-1.jpg

7th in wage expenditure, but sitting 3rd in the table is pretty satisfying. Season preview we're predicted to finish 6th, media prediction for us was 7th. Punching above our weight right now.

Posted (edited)

sddefault.jpg

End of season

February & March

Feb-March24-Res.jpg

February and March were fascinating to say the very least. An important trip to Anfield in the race for the Top 4, one that I said to myself we couldn't lose. And thankfully we didn't. Liverpool 1-2 Spurs Then the next three games we struggled. Another vital clash in the race for the top 4 and spoils were shared, before staying in the Midlands and losing to Wolves. And Forest at home, I honestly thought we'd take all three points, but we had to come from behind. Those results and performances didn't leave me with much confidence against City. But we prevailed and were the better team. But beating City, kept us 3rd but also opened the door for Arsenal to overtake City into 1st. And then came the other half of Manchester and my best result to date. Hammering United 6-1 in their backyard, with fans this time, was something to behold. Manchester Utd 1-6 Spurs

With confidence flowing we disposed of Bournemouth and handed Brighton 1-7 Spurs our biggest victory this season, revenge for them inflicting our first defeat of the season last year. With the biggest victory of the season, a week later came the biggest defeat of it. As Liverpool 6-1 Spurs inflicted a humiliation on us in the F.A Cup Quarter Finals. After that huge loss, we headed to East London and dominated West Ham, but had to equalize in the last quarter of the match to get something from the game. Before heading back to N17 for the NLD and after a 10 day rest, I was hoping to put them to the sword and help City out in the title race, as well as our top 3 aspirations. But an evenly contested game, resulted in a goalless draw. Was only the 5th game we were stopped scoring in, and only our 3rd 0-0 draw.

April-May24-Res.jpg 

April and May were defining for us. And we began April, the same as we ended March. Another goalless draw, as United clawed some dignity back under new manager, Antonio Conte. Who we had a war of words with in our press match conferences. Crystal Palace was another flawed game (I started playing it and fell asleep, woke up and we were 2-0 down) at 2-0 down i just threw everything forward at them and we got it to 3-2 before Ayew levelled it up with 5 minutes to go. Four draws on the bounce, 8 points dropped, i was not happy. But i stuck with the team and hoped we could get things back on course. A few words of encouragement and we started the road back as we battered Burnley 5-2 and condemning them to relegation in the process. We had another relegation battler as we smashed past a hapless Fulham. And that red hot form continued as we scored another huge win on Merseyside as we dismantled Everton. The game was over as a contest as soon as Johnson scored our 4th in the 16th minute, as Frimpong and Kulu terrorized them down the right side. All we had to do was match or better both Villa and Liverpool as Newcastle couldn't catch us in the last two games.

Liverpool were home to Sheffield United (Already relegated) as we played our final home match against Brentford. Goals from Ferguson, Johnson and Neto put the victory beyond doubt. Watching the Liverpool game closely, i noticed Sheff Utd go a goal up at the end of the first half. In Klopp's last home game i honestly didn't think it could happen, but it did. Full time result was Liverpool 0-1 Sheffield United and with that, we were guaranteed Champions League football next season. Now it was down to us or Villa to see who finished 3rd. And with the win over Liverpool, we had United next. Johnson gave us the lead on the hour, but it wasn't until Neto headed in a last minute goal that the three points were wrapped up. As Sheffield United made us earn the victory.

20240828154011-1.jpg

A third place finish in the League, gifting us Champions League football next term. And although we had a good season, unfortunately our hated rivals had a great season as they won the Premier League piping City to it. Looking back now, had we not beaten them, City would've won the league. We effectively handed Arsenal the crown. But to finish 7 & 10 points behind the top 2 is a measure of how well we did. And we can certainly improve on that.

And for finishing 3rd and getting us back into the Champions League, Daniel wasn't stingy at all. </sarcasm>

20240828151005-1.jpg

But to be fair, even though i haven't got much in terms of transfer budget, he's given me a fairly big wage budget. But i expect to have quite a decent budget once i sell some fringe players.

20240828153845-1.jpg

And now to introduce everyone to our player of the season and one that shocked me and i definitely will not be looking to sell him unless a stupidly mad offer comes in..

20240828153914-1.jpg

Johnson played on the left, not his favoured right positon. But still, 17 goals and 8 assists in 30 league starts is a hell of a first season. And Milan are sniffing around, but he's already come out and said he doesn't want to join a small club like Milan :D:lol: i think i can get even more out of Brennan in the coming season or two. I'm hoping i can at least.        

Edited by AlfieLucas

6 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Serious goal scoring capability in your side! Congrats on the successful season! How do you think you will fare in the Champions League?

Thanks. Even with the amount of goals we scored, they were spread out across the team. Johnson was also our top scorer last season, I think.

As for the Champions League, I'm hoping to get to the knockout at the very least. My goal this coming season is to win something, whatever that might be.

What about you? How far do you think you'll get in the Champions League in your Spurs save?

14 hours ago, AlfieLucas said:

How far do you think you'll get in the Champions League in your Spurs save?

Similar to you I'd like to at least make the knockouts. I'm desperate to win a trophy this year after the heartbreak of 2 cup final losses last season. 

14 hours ago, AlfieLucas said:

Johnson was also our top scorer last season, I think

Time for a striker through the door?

44 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Time for a striker through the door?

Just started a new season and i've got three out-and-out strikers, another player who can make it four. But one broke their leg in the last friendly game, so good job i got some in.

39 minutes ago, AlfieLucas said:

Just started a new season and i've got three out-and-out strikers, another player who can make it four. But one broke their leg in the last friendly game, so good job i got some in.

Looking forward to the update

tottenham-hotspur-tottenham-coys-spurs-w

Are they the same old Spurs?

Pape Mate Sarr was the subject of a bid from Liverpool. I didn't reject, but I responded with an offer that was quite big in the hope they would walk away from negotiations and that's what happened. Tottenham fans have been here season after season, selling their top players off for huge fees. But Jermain Defoe refused to sell Sarr, who wanted to join Liverpool. Which was understandable, they are the bigger club for now. But JD wanted to turn the tide and although Liverpool won two trophies last season, we were better in the league. But we agreed on a new contract, keeping Sarr at the club and sending a message to the bigger clubs, we're no longer a selling club unless we want to sell that player.

Heung-Min Son was also a target for a huge bid, this time from Saudi and after putting him on the transfer list due to him not agreeing on a new contract, Defoe happily accepted the offers. £102 million for a player who can leave on a free in twelve months, is a no-brainer. Especially as Son was approaching 32 years of age.

June Transfers In Miguel Gutierrez I activated his release clause, bringing him in as Destiny's backup. A top-quality backup and he's only 22 years old, so fits in with my philosophy. Baidoo and Gloukh have huge potential and to get them for those prices, I couldn't turn my nose up at it. I originally sent Gloukh back on loan to Salzburg. But after a few weeks, recalled him as he'd be more of use as a rotation. And Gyokeres at that price was another player I couldn't turn down. Especially as he was going to be my main Son replacement.

June Transfers Out Mainly loans out for the next batch of youngsters I want to appear in the squad, who just weren't ready. But I did recall Gloukh. The main sale was Lolo. When I looked over the squad, I felt I could do without it. He performed well when called upon, but with the interest shown in him, I thought I'd take advantage of it. Allowing me more scope to build the squad in my vision. And surprisingly he chose Newcastle over a couple of better clubs.

July's Ins & Outs Kokcu impressed me so much on loan, and in his first five games. I decided to make his stay a permanent one. After getting Benfica down from their fee in the loan contract, we sealed the deal. Bergvall was already a pre-planned transfer, and he went out on loan. Paul Wanner was an opportunistic one. Remembered his contract was coming to an end, and figured i'd give it a try. And low and behold, he joined us. A wonderful talent for the future. 

Carl Allsopp is a 16yo CB regen from Pompey, who looks to have a very bright future. And managed to get him in before his price went through the roof. He'll be developing with the academy and hopefully, he's ready for first team action in 3-4 years. Carnesecchi I've seen in one of @warlock saves to go on and be pretty decent. He comes in as quality backup, I also picked up Marek Rodak from Fulham for £1.5m as 3rd choice, and he's HG as well. 

Rico Lewis on loan was just to help with the RB/DM cover and being HG, it was an easy decision. Antonio Silva. I was looking for another left-footed CB to come in for Micky, and i had been tracking Silva for a long time as Romero's replacement. But Barcelona snuck in and activated his release clause. And i decided to activate it as well, i wasn't hopeful of getting him. Choosing Tottenham over Barcelona who had just won the league as well, not a chance. But it happened. And i was thrilled. He's a huge talent, he won't replace Cuti just yet, but in due time.

A loan for one of our own, Alfie Dorrington. Playing in the Championship for a season will give him vital exposure to football that he needs. A few youngsters leaving permanently. The biggest sale here is Tottenham Icon Heung-Min Son part of me didn't want him to leave, as I desperately wanted to win something with him. But I couldn't turn down that amount of money for him. With his age, and contract situation, I would've been crazy to do so. Also managed to part with Sergio Reguilon back to Spain for a decent fee. But those two left, along with Lolo and that was almost 400k of the wage bill as well.

August Ins & Outs With Son leaving, a few of the big players kicked up a fuss. So to quell the rebellion, i said i'm going to replace him with someone better. Even though I planned Gyokeres to be that player, obviously Kulu and a few others didn't think the same. So I tried Sesko during the winter window and almost got him for £48m but he decided to renew at RBL and with doing so, his clause went to £90m. Which I activated and after a few tough negotiations managed to seal the deal. A huge amount of money and all up front, but it's an investment I think will pay off in the coming seasons. 

And looking at the squad, just a couple of games in, i was light in the winger department and also HG department. So i targeted two players that fit the profile. Gordon was easier to prise away, but Garnacho was slightly harder. Both were a lot of money, but it strengthened us and weakened Newcastle and Man United respectively. Balogun was brought in due to Ferguson's broken leg and his being HG also helped. Nuamah was a player I've tracked for months, along with Fatawu from Sporting CP. RBL came in and got Fatawu, tried to do the same with Nuamah but I managed to get in their first and I found him a loan spell elsewhere as he wouldn't get near the first team just yet. 

Maatsen, like Lewis, is 3rd choice cover at LB just in case we hit an injury crisis as we're dealing with a lot more games this season. And yet again, he's HG so another tick in the column. And Sucic was another player I couldn't pass up at that price, he's immense and has so much potential. And he along with Gloukh will provide cover in CM. 

August Outs as we needed the depth after allowing Gray to leave on loan back to Leeds to help them. And we let Skipp go, and Soloman who deputised wonderfully last season left for Leicester.

Deadline Passed

Yes we spent a HUGE amount of money, £513 million to be exact. But i also brought in £221 million. Sesko, Silva and Gutierrez were all upfront fees, the rest on 36 monthly instalments. But i believe we'll be able to recoup that back in that time or most of it anyway. And when i look at the squad, i see only bringing in another DM to cover Bissouma, but Baidoo is doing that at the moment, and Sarr. So i think over the next three seasons, whatever budget i've got available. It'll be going on youth signings. As barring any major players leaving, i won't need to buy anyone. And i trimmed the squad, unbelievably as well :lol:

Champions League Draw With the new format in the Champions League, our fixtures looked like this. Huge games against Milan, PSG and Bayern. Games against Arsenal and Celtic are tough as they come. PSV is another giant, although in a weak league. The two easy games to see were Ludogorets and Ferencvaros. We need to be firing on all cylinders to get into the knockouts with this draw, but I'm hopeful. I just hope we dunk on Harry in Germany and make him regret leaving. 

I'm halfway through the season as i post this, so i'll update you on the fixtures tomorrow.

Carnesecchi is one of the best goalkeepers I've managed in FM24, along with Denis Seimen and Guillaume Restes at Toulouse. I'd sign any of them in a heartbeat. I've no doubt that Marco will do a good job for you :thup:

Just now, warlock said:

Carnesecchi is one of the best goalkeepers I've managed in FM24, along with Denis Seimen and Guillaume Restes at Toulouse. I'd sign any of them in a heartbeat. I've no doubt that Marco will do a good job for you :thup:

Completely forgot about those two, but trying to keep away from the usual suspects. As hard as it is sometimes. But i haven't called upon him yet, but his stats look good. Just Vicario is a beast right now.

4 minutes ago, AlfieLucas said:

trying to keep away from the usual suspects. As hard as it is sometimes

Yeah, but if you manage Darlington - or Sassuolo - staying away from the 'usual suspects' is easy :lol:. At that price, Carnesecchi would be a definite target for me but he's unlikely to be interested until we've had at least a season in Serie A. 

Looking forward to your next update.

3 hours ago, danyates8 said:

That is a massive rebuild! £500M spent I bet Daniel Levy cant sleep! Looking forward to see how you get on next season, surely expectations have risen drastically?

It is indeed. The media and club prediction is only 5th, so hasn't risen massively. My objective is to challenge myself again and finish 3rd. Ideally want to improve on that, points and position-wise. But the lads I've got are quite young, so think we'll get some time for it to come together. 

And yes, i don't think Daniel is very thrilled. Especially in January when he said he upped the budget an extra £3.1 million, after taking out a mortgage loan of £76 million :herman:

Mid-Season Update

So I zoomed through the season quickly and I'll do two updates. Both will be longish. So let's delve into it. All results are in the links. But first, let me update you on the managerial go-around.

So Manchester United hired Antonio Conte during the first season, as ETH was doing poorly. Newcastle sacked Eddie Howe even though he got them 6th and because Liverpool won the Europa League and England got another spot due to the co-efficient rankings, they also qualified for the Champions League. They replaced him with Unai Emery who helped Villa finish 4th and gave me a good run for my 3rd spot.

West Ham sacked David Moyes and replaced him with another former Tottenham manager, Nuno Santo. Nottingham Forest replaced Santo with... David Moyes... Roy Hodgson retired at Crystal Palace and a month later, ETH took over from him. De Zerbi left for Juventus, and Brighton looked to Ruud Van Nistelrooij as his successor. After all the success Klopp had with Liverpool, they didn't turn to Arne Slot, instead, they appointed Marco Rose.

Back to Aston Villa. They looked to replace Emery and carry on his good work, with... JOSE MOURINHO.. For me, this could go either way for them. Brentford had to look for a new manager as Frank took over England after Southgate's dismissal. And Russell Martin stepped up to take his place. Replacing Martin at Southampton was none other than Gareth Southgate (Poor choice from them) and that was the last one during the summer. Plenty more to come during the season though.

August, Sept & Oct Results

A tricky, but not difficult start as we dispatched Chelsea, Forest & West Ham. Before renewing rivalries with Conte, we got a point at Old Trafford. September began with another good victory over Bournemouth, before heading to Villa Park to face another old Tottenham manager, Jose Mourinho. Began September with a win, and ended it the same as we got a semblance of revenge over Liverpool.

In October I thought we could slip up, with Newcastle and Brighton away, but we carried on our good form and got all three points in both. And the blotch on the month was a goalless draw against Wolves who started the season in good form as well. Disappointing not to win, but thankful we didn't get FM'd.

League Table after TEN games

We've had a brilliant start in the league, players have gelled well enough. I don't expect us to stay at the top of the summit, but I'm going to enjoy it whilst it lasts.

November and December results

With Southampton sitting in the relegation zone, I was still expecting a tricky game. And it was, even more so after Gordon got himself sent off. But we still prevailed. A London derby against Brentford and we did enough to secure all three points. Leicester away wasn't as exciting as the last time we visited and the flying Dutchman struck twice in stoppage time to win it but we came away with all three points yet again. Three league games all won 1-0, and the media asked me why we weren't scoring many goals. I said we're doing well and they will come. And we ended November with a huge NLD as we welcomed the champions to our home. And in probably the best performance we've put on since taking over, we dismantled them. And they had no response to us whatsoever.

An even game against Everton and we managed to keep up our winning ways, ahead of Manchester City visiting us in a vital top-of-the-table clash. Not losing was the top priority, but with it being at home, was supremely confident and the lads showed me why. Couldn't believe we raced into a 3-0 lead in the first 20 minutes and from there, we saw out the victory. With six league victories in a row, we visited Kenilworth Road and won for the SEVENTH game in a row, very easily. After the Luton game, we set a new defensive record which I didn't realise at the time, and it's a great achievement. Norwich came to White Hart Lane and have shocked everyone with how well they've done after securing promotion last season. But it still wasn't enough as we secured our EIGHTH victory in a row. Could we make it NINE at Selhurst Park, the answer is no as Palace raced into a two-goal lead against me, again. And throwing everything at them to get back level, we managed to do so. Preserving our unbeaten run in the league.

League Table halfway through makes for good reading. A huge EIGHT points clear gives me some breathing space. But City and Pep are usually quite relentless. I still don't think we'll topple them, but if i can get to the 30-game mark a good 10 points clear, then I'll start to believe. But the thing that surprised me after they finished ten points ahead of us last season, was Arsenal. Who were a huge 17 points behind us now. They've failed to recreate the form they showed last season. And I think that's in part due to David Raya. Arsenal had a chance to buy him for £27 million, which for a player of his quality should've been a no-brainer. He kept Ramsdale from being the first choice, so I thought they'd take up the offer to activate it, but they didn't. Instead, they went and brought Jordon Pickford for a mouth-watering £56 million, with another £12 million in add-ons, taking it to a staggering £68 million. Now to me, that deal makes sense at all, but hey, it's not my club. A momentual error on their part.

Champions League back at White Hart Lane

With some difficult games facing us, we returned to the Champions League. We started back at San Siro and it was a much-changed side, and we started with a defeat. Not the start i had in mind, but knew it'd be difficult. Ludogorets at home should've been all three points and it was. An easy, easy victory in the end. Another huge victory, this time over Celtic in a battle of Britain, showing the Scots why the Big Two shouldn't be involved in talks with them coming into the Premier League. Next up as a show of how far we've come and what we could do in this season's Champions League as P.S.G came to London both teams took a point each. A trip to Eindhoven awaited us as we faced PSV and Kulusevski proved his quality and put PSV to the sword with an incredible hattrick. 

Our last European game of the year, and we visited Hungary and Ferencvaros and rumped home in style, as we finished the game with two Tottenham academy players on the pitch. From the last two games of the group stage, all we needed to secure a spot in the top eight was a victory. But with it being Arsenal and Bayern in those two fixtures, it wasn't going to be easy. And I've been largely playing a rotated squad for the Champions League as the League is the main one I've got my eye on.

Carabao Cup

I was always going to play a rotated squad for this competition as it was the least important, but i still felt we could win it. But once again we drew Liverpool at Anfield AGAIN!! Twice in two seasons in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup. And yet again we lost 2-1 to them. Last season they knocked us out of the Carabao and F.A Cup. Now they've done us in the Carabao Cup again, along with the CL Final in 19' I'm really starting to hate Liverpool.

But all in all, we've done exceptional in the first half of the season. Here's hoping we can recreate that in the second half and bring home a trophy.

728.png       

728.png

End of season update

Transfers-Inand-Out-Jan2025.jpg

January transfer window was uneventful. Chelsea recalled Maatsen, so we loaned Larios in his place to act as cover. Finally managed to offload Lo Celso. We brought in Nypan who I've been tracking for the past 18 months. He joins officially in the summer but will stay on loan at Rosenborg for an extra season. George Adebayo is a 17-year-old goalkeeper from our academy, he came through on the intake and has huge potential. So a loan where he's playing first-team football was vital.

20240906194800-1.jpg

After dismantling Luton at home, we managed to finally lift the Premier League trophy. Almost won it at the Emirates, as we beat Arsenal 2-0, but Liverpool beat Everton that day to give them hope.

20240906221730-1.jpg

Jan & Feb results

March & April Results

May Results

20240906224357-1.jpg

The Champions League was the stuff dreams are made of. Had to dispatch Juventus in the knockout playoffs. Then we had FC Porto who are now managed by Zidane, before getting Celtic in the quarters. After beating them previously, I was confident and although it was tighter than the first game, we still managed to complete the win. Real Madrid in the semis who Klopp manages, I thought was a step too far. But after beating them away, we blew them away in the home leg. And with P.S.G in the final, another team we played in the group stages. I was confident even if we did draw the first game. And thankfully we made light work of them and ran out 2-0 winners. 

The accolades

The Finances

All in all it's been a hugely successful season. And i haven't got a huge budget for next season, but it will be spent on players for the future. I don't need any first-team or squad reinforcements right now, unless someone leaves, which i very much doubt it.

On 08/09/2024 at 12:14, danyates8 said:

Amazing results massive congrats

Thanks, it went a lot better than I could ever imagined.

On 08/09/2024 at 13:45, warlock said:

Quite the transformation in just two seasons :applause:

Thanks. Even with the amount of money spent, i figured it'd take me at least a couple more seasons before we toppled Man City.

Managerial go around

So in the 24/25 season, I last mentioned that Southgate had replaced Russell Martin at Southampton. In November, another South Coast team changed managers as Iraola was sacked and replaced by Paul Warne. On the same day, not only did West Ham parted company with Nuno Santo, bringing in Eddie Howe as his replacement. But also Antonio Conte was sacked from the Manchester United job, which made me happy as we've been having a war of words since he stepped in for ETH, but he didn't last long. Taking over from Conte was none other than Arne Slot. And still in November, which seemed the month for sackings, as Unai Emery lost his job at Newcastle, and in his place came Marcelo Gallardo.

In January, Leicester made a change and brought in Tony Mowbray to replace Enzo Maresca, a polar opposite appointment. Danny Rohl took over the reins at Southampton following yet another Gareth Southgate sacking. And again, Antonio Conte took over from ETH, but this time at the mighty Crystal Palace. Oh how the mighty have fallen :lol:

25/26 Season

After a poor season, Arsenal decided to part company with Mikel Arteta. The same man that brought them their first League win since 04'. But that wasn't the only big managerial change, as surprisingly Manchester City decided to fire Pep Guardiola. And it was Pep who took over from Arteta. Arsenal had the student, now they wanted the master. Taking Pep's place at City was Carlo Ancelotti. Aston Villa made the change in November and yet again Jose Mourinho was sacked and replaced with Sebastian Hoeneb. Fulham parted ways with Chris Coleman and brought in Mexican legend Rafael Marquez. Newcastle dispensed of Marcelo Gallardo and replaced him with former Brighton & Chelsea manager, Graham Potter.

Talking of Brighton, they sacked Ruud van Nistelrooij and offered it to Leeds manager, Daniel Farke. Who was replaced at Leeds by the Luton manager, Rob Edwards. And Liam Rosenior was the chosen one to succeed Rob Edwards. Now let's dive into what happened during the 25/26 season.

Tottenham Transfers

More Tottenham Transfers

The Danny Ashford deal was a huge expense for us. And for a player so young, but i feel he has the potential to be one of the best in the world. And to get him out of City i had to pay the big bucks. Same with Domenge, another i feel that will hit huge heights in the future.

And the last one

Spent a huge amount again, but they are all potential wonderkids for the future. Only Calafiori and Bradley played first-team football, as brought them in just in case of injuries and suspensions. Mason Greenwood, didn't want him but figured i could make some quick money on him, which i did.

August to October Results

A truly terrible start, leaving me 19th after three games. Was about to change up my tactics, but then it all clicked back again. But I had huge ground to make up already.

November to January Results

January to March Results

Didn't lose again in the league until Bournemouth did the double over us. They had our number this season.

April & May End of season

OGC Nice who conquered Liverpool in the previous round, were worthy opponents in the first leg but managed to destroy them at home. After losing 4-1 to Real in the group stage, i decided to go cautious in the first leg away, and it worked. I knew we had the capability of beating them at home, which we did. 

20240913184031-1.jpg

We did well in chasing down Liverpool, but ultimately fell short. We were with about 10 games remaining ahead of them by 1 point, but then we headed to Anfield, proceeded to lose and they stayed ahead. That was the only time we were top, it was all Liverpool. Hard to believe but those two defeats in the first three games, really affected us. But we go again next season.

20240912112838-1.jpg

North London Derby in the Carabao Cup Final, wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing of games, but a Maddison penalty in the 117th minute gave us another trophy to add to the cabinet. And at the expense of Arsenal, it was all the more sweeter. 

Champions League Final

20240913190719-1.jpg

Sesko got us the goal which turned out to be the winner just before halftime, then a minute later Udogie decided to make things harder for us. So had to reshuffle and we thankfully managed to hold on and claim our second successive Champions League trophy. Ajax must be sick of the sight of us in the Champions League now :D

So we might've failed to retain the Premier League, but we added another two trophies to our collection. And I'm looking to add more in the future.

Our financial situation didn't look great in April, as we went into the red. But with all the money that came in during the post season, it's healthy again. But I know I need to cut back on the spending now, and you'll see that in the next update. As it stands our NET DEBT is £1,032,279,880 and our TRANSFER DEBT is £269,212,616 so I've got a lot of work on my hands to cut that down. I'm hoping we get taken over and someone wipes out those debts, but it's doubtful. 

728.png

The Future's bright, it's lily white.

I thought i'd update you and show you, the future of Tottenham Hotspur. These are the academy kids.

George Adebayo 18yo Keeper

Bobby Ogden 18yo AML

Charlie Carley-Purvis 16yo AMR

Stephane Mvondo 16yo DR

Marlon Roast 17yo AMR/ST

Calum Logan 19yo DC/DL

Kyle Cummings 18yo AMC

Ashley Daniel 16yo MC

Mikey Moore 19yo AML

Alfie Dorrington 21yo DC

Jamie Donley 21yo ST

Moore and Donley have in the past three seasons played first team football. I've been integrating them into the team, giving them 20-30 minutes of the bench, or starting them in games where it doesn't matter if i win or not. Dorrington i don't think will make it at Spurs, unfortunately, he's just not good enough. And Phillips and Vuskovic will be ahead of him in the pecking order.

I'm excited about Adebayo's potential. He's already on his third loan, League two as a 16yo, League one last season and now starting keeper for Hull in the championship, and at 18 years old. Now onto the ones i've scouted and brought.

Pedro Evora 18yo GK

Marco Zanatta 18yo AML

Jose Luis Munoz 18yo DC/DM

Henry Domenge 19yo AMR

Danny Ashford 18yo AMC/MC

Sverre Halseth Nypan 19yo MC

Remy Reinertez 18yo DM

Lenny Loret 18yo AMR

Vitor Troia 18 ST

Paul Wanner 20yo MC/AMC

Got a lot of talent in the development squads, and have tried finding loans for most of them, to no avail. Wanted to use them in a Carabao Cup game, but unfortunately, they already played that day for the U21s. Danny Ashford is my most expensive signing, and i'm hoping he'll be worth that and more in the coming years. And lastly, to the ones that were already at the club when i got there or were brought beforehand but came in the second season.

Luka Vuskovic 19yo CB

Archie Gray 20yo MC

Lucas Bergvall 20yo MC

Ashley Phillips 21yo CB

Will Lankshear 21yo ST

Had a bit of trouble with Archie Gray last season. Came back from Leeds, and wanted to be a squad player but didn't hit the targets i set him. Claimed i broke promises, but halfway through the season ended up playing him and we've never looked back. Tied him to a five year contract in the summer with an optional two years extension. I'm firmly of the opinion that this group of players will bring huge success to this club and help alleviate our financial issues.