Cant win anything with possesion tactic

Hi , Everyone had  their favourite  manager and mine is Pep. But i feel its too hard to play possession football like ManCity in this game. I constantly open new saves when my team did not work right with my tactic, in this save i tried with man utd but i really dont understand how we lose 3-0 against aston villa my team always take the ball but cant create anything i dont thing that is about with my tactic because i think i make a tactic what peps make. I know if i change tactic with gegenpress i can win everything because i did in my past saves. But i dont want just win the games i just want dominate but this game push me just high tempo direct game. Do u have any advice for me because in this save i just wait for my team to play according to my tactic. i cant upload my images idk why but i send links

my tactic : https://prnt.sc/_7AbcrhxdFJT

schedule : https://prnt.sc/JRveLPPApeKQ

I find the problems start when people try to play possession football like Man City with a team that's not Man City. Especially Man United which is definitely a team that's not even close to Man City in quality. Just compare their strikers. 

Man United is at best a top half team that's built for direct football and not for technical style like Man City. Just play to their strengths. 

Edited by crusadertsar

7 hours ago, droKK said:

And my PI is all back four and casemiro has pass it shorter and take fewer risk, rashford had stay wider

Just sorting out natural width in your setup will go a long way. Additionally, Eriksen is not really a 6 and Casemiro's legs have gone so your pivot is quite weak, particularly against a counter attack featuring anyone with pace.  

Much shorter passing + lower tempo is likely a bridge too far for your squad as @crusadertsar mentions. However, if you aren't stretching the opposition defence in possession then slowing the game down isn't going to help you create chances anyways!

Edited by Cloud9

Conceding down your left a fair bit? Rashford has no work rate, Eriksen has no legs, and Shaw tires pretty quick. All three players are being asked to do too much, both in terms of your team press and the roles you've given them.

I notice your big defeat came against Villa away. Assuming it's Unai Emery managing them, he'll have probably gone 424 and killed that side in transitions, which I'm guessing is what prompted your post.

Simplifying things based on the players at your disposal would go a long way to helping you out here, I feel. Do you really want Rashford as an inside forward staying wide? Do you benefit from asking old man Eriksen to play one of the most physically demanding roles in the game? What are you getting from asking your midfield (all of whom have traits to either try killer balls, play long-range passes, or both) to only pass as short as possible, when the front three are all speedsters who want to get in behind?

So yeah, what @crusadertsar said. 

22 saat önce, crusadertsar said:

I find the problems start when people try to play possession football like Man City with a team that's not Man City. Especially Man United which is definitely a team that's not even close to Man City in quality. Just compare their strikers. 

Man United is at best a top half team that's built for direct football and not for technical style like Man City. Just play to their strengths. 

15 saat önce, Cloud9 said:

Just sorting out natural width in your setup will go a long way. Additionally, Eriksen is not really a 6 and Casemiro's legs have gone so your pivot is quite weak, particularly against a counter attack featuring anyone with pace.  

Much shorter passing + lower tempo is likely a bridge too far for your squad as @crusadertsar mentions. However, if you aren't stretching the opposition defence in possession then slowing the game down isn't going to help you create chances anyways!

10 saat önce, vrig said:

Conceding down your left a fair bit? Rashford has no work rate, Eriksen has no legs, and Shaw tires pretty quick. All three players are being asked to do too much, both in terms of your team press and the roles you've given them.

I notice your big defeat came against Villa away. Assuming it's Unai Emery managing them, he'll have probably gone 424 and killed that side in transitions, which I'm guessing is what prompted your post.

Simplifying things based on the players at your disposal would go a long way to helping you out here, I feel. Do you really want Rashford as an inside forward staying wide? Do you benefit from asking old man Eriksen to play one of the most physically demanding roles in the game? What are you getting from asking your midfield (all of whom have traits to either try killer balls, play long-range passes, or both) to only pass as short as possible, when the front three are all speedsters who want to get in behind?

So yeah, what @crusadertsar said. 

I understand there is no sense to be obsessed with possession football with u dont have players like that and im change my tactic more direct style and its work well right now thank you all of your comments.

You can play possession definitely, at least with a semi-top team in their league like MU; they absolutely can against lesser teams like Villa; you just need to refine your tactic a little bit. I'd change the mentality to either balance or attack; 4231 really stinks at positive; I found that it suits 433 more. The whole play out from the back and shorter passing is overkill; you only need one of them. Like others also said, you need width to play the low-tempo game, and your press needs to be elite. I'd play Bruno in Eriksen's position as a volante and play Mount as AMc. Eriksen has no leg for a RPM; Casemiro can work as a stop gap but you need upgrade soon. Your winger has pace but is not really an elite dribbler; playing them in an attack role to receive final ball can help. Uploading your tactic for further analysis can also help