Adding Great Britain/England Nation Team in the 2024 Olympics?

I've tried numerous times to add Great Britain or England to participate in the 2024 Olympics but have always been unsuccessful. I’ve attempted using the "Add Nation Rules" and changing the team in the registered teams, but nothing seems to work. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Many thanks!

At one point england u23 would default to team GB, in the older games. Try either that GB unused nation, or the "United Kingdom" one and see what happens (might have to give them a continent with the resource archiver)

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

At one point england u23 would default to team GB, in the older games. Try either that GB unused nation, or the "United Kingdom" one and see what happens (might have to give them a continent with the resource archiver)

What I’m actually aiming for is not to include Great Britain in the game. Instead, I want England to participate in the Olympics. Specifically, I’d like to have the option to manage England U23 team, or alternatively, have the opportunity to coach Team GB during the Olympics.

There's gotta be something in the Euro U21 rules to assign a qualifying fate to the Olympics (every 2 editions, so every 4 years) but that it specifically excludes England. Sounds like you can't find anything about excluding England in the Olympic rules themselves, so I'd guess you have to edit the Euro U21 qualifying fates?

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

There's gotta be something in the Euro U21 rules to assign a qualifying fate to the Olympics (every 2 editions, so every 4 years) but that it specifically excludes England. Sounds like you can't find anything about excluding England in the Olympic rules themselves, so I'd guess you have to edit the Euro U21 qualifying fates?

I think it might be hardcoded, similar to how SI adjusted Greenwood's situation, making him unable to play for Manchester United, England, and ensuring a endless loan until his contract expires.

Only time I have seen the GB team added was in my file if something was working properly (for instance when one of the hosting rules wasn't set properly). Another user had it in his default game a few times.

Have tried to force it by way of a London Olympic, but couldn't get it working. Setting GB as host doesn't work for me.

On 01/09/2024 at 07:40, Wolf_pd said:

Only time I have seen the GB team added was in my file if something was working properly (for instance when one of the hosting rules wasn't set properly). Another user had it in his default game a few times.

Have tried to force it by way of a London Olympic, but couldn't get it working. Setting GB as host doesn't work for me.

did you set England as host 

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Would have to check the files. Pretty sure I didn't.

:D

will see how the squad is picked as even though it says GB U23 its English flag, so I fear that there is something wrong there

2db9ebc4da5dc5b5dadc90a6d433d868.jpg

Edited by Roy Race 9

when it comes to select a squad you cannot call up anyone who isnt English:thdn:

there is a way around that in game [cant be discussed here] but the issue is GB U23s it is not, it is England U23s

Edited by Roy Race 9

On 30/08/2024 at 15:48, theonenonly said:

What I’m actually aiming for is not to include Great Britain in the game. Instead, I want England to participate in the Olympics. Specifically, I’d like to have the option to manage England U23 team, or alternatively, have the opportunity to coach Team GB during the Olympics.

it looks like my test above allows that but it is called GB but it is an England U23

I suggest you rename GB in DB to England U23 and this way you should fully get what you want

Edited by Roy Race 9