[Tactical Help] Help me find the perfect 4-3-3 for my players

Hello. It's me again, the guy from Las Palmas save. I'm now in the fifth season in the save and to be fair, things have been going well. I went for Champions League twice and now in this season we have been in Conference doing really good performances dominating the scores (except for a match against Nice which resulted in a draw).

In this season I picked a tactic from one FM Youtuber, a narrow 4-3-3 that I'll show you now:

Formation (Idk why I can't upload images, sorry)

As you can see, it's a higher tempo short passing 4-3-3 that's narrow for allowing the two CWB to overlap their respective Winger, in the left side, the IF and in the Right side, the Winger. In the midfield there's a Mezzala in attack that it's a good combination with the IF on support, with a CM on support that'll go forward and a BWM that'llm try to defend (But I still find that he roams the position a lot for my taste) with two CBs and an AF that often gets isolated but it scores goals. However, I modified a little. This tactic runned a Poacher and I wanted to run an AF as my striker fit better that role.

While the tactic is working , I still find it difficult to beat the smaller sides due to the lower block that they often use, resulting in my team never scoring and struggling with them and also they tend to struggle with the stronger sides such as Barça, Madrid, Atletico, Real Sociedad... So, I'd like you to see my squad and form an opinion on it and on the tactic that I should use. As my original tactic come from Youtube, these players have different instructions.

GK (SK d)

Cañizares

Son of Santiago Cañizares, to be fair, he has been class since I've signed him in the second season of the save. He has developed really well into a  good first division keeper saving me more than once.

RB ( CWB s)

https://imgur.com/a/NwAyfRQ 

First wonderkid that I signed, he also has been really class and I hope he will develop a lot under this team.

https://imgur.com/a/eNqggcU

Costinha is the older one who has been doing also really well in the past seasons as a good WB and I'll try to keep him as the second option

CB (CD d)

https://imgur.com/CJR05E0 

https://imgur.com/a/BuK07bd

These two have been my main CB duo, really young but I'll try to develop as much as I want by playing them. Muller already looks promising and Muniz while he looks worse, he's been performing in a solid way, also, I like that he's left footed and that's why he often occupies the left side.

https://imgur.com/a/j6cd2ZA

https://imgur.com/a/sq2TF9I

One of them is a loanee which looks fantastic and the other is a young centerback that I hope he'll develop by playing first level football. However, I plan on bringing older CBs to bring more experience and security into the team.

Instructions

Take more Risks

LB (CWB s)

https://imgur.com/a/nYEFLwl Mokthothu

First youngster coming from the academy on the first year, he's real class and a physical monster at that. Needs to develop on the technical side but he's having an amazing season as a CWB (s)

https://imgur.com/a/08mwLjQ Axeksson

If the Lesotho guy didn't convince you, there you the second LB. Another beast who seems way better in the technique side and it's a speed demon on the field.

DM ( BWM (d)

Yepes

I think he's some of weak link in the team and the role doesn't help him a lot in performing good enough. I think he's balanced though

Casadó

Not a bad player at all, can perform at BMW but it's the same case as Yepes, I think the role in this tactic is not that benefitial to it.

MCR (CM (s)

Kyoo

Just amazing. That's it

Sotelo

Good backup for Kyoo, has been solid too and can score from distance, which is great.

Instructions

Run wide with the ball

Shoot less often

Get futher forward

MCL (Mezzala (a)

Pablo Torre

Great guy, acting like the captain of the team and has been doing really well this season as the Mezzala of the team thus with the combinatioon of the IF (s)

Reinier

Came from loan since he was doing good on Brazil, like a lot. He can be a good Mezzala and has the ability to do it perfectly.

Instructions that they have

Run Wide with the Ball

Shoot less often

RW (Winger (a))

Eslam

Best wonderkid I have, he's not having a good season and I don't know why as he seems like a monster. Specially with his backup having more assists and goals than him. However, I won't give up on him just yet.

Ceide

He's destroying the league basically, best season since he was here. He has the speed, the dribbling and the technique.

Cut Inside with the Ball

Shoot Less Often

Roam From Position

Tackle Harder

LW (IF (s))

Before talking about this role, this have been the worst season for it and has been making less number tha previous seasons maybe because of being in support. But, it has come to a point where they don't even shoot in matches. And this kind of makes me annoyed because we have good inside forwards 

Sima

Had an amazing past season scoring 12 goals and 8 assists in league while being an IF on attack. Now he only has 3 goals in league. As I've said, frustating because he's a good finisher and a speed beast like Axelsson

De La Fuente

Second season academy product.  While he can be a good winger and an assisting machine I prefer him to be an Inside Forward due to his preferred foot. He has the trait "Looks For The Pass Rather Than Score" which i'm trying to delete from him as he's an IF. Still, good product that'll develop with more experience in the field.

Instructions

Shoot Less Often  

Roam From Position

Sit Narrower

ST (AF (A)

Pantoja

Awesome season, that's it. Good finisher, rather pacy and decent Off The Ball.

Pouzek

Pacy, has better mentals than Pantoja and still fails a lot. His accuracy is really bad. I'm teaching him the "Places Shots" to see if he improves

Tackle Harder

Move into channels (but they do it as an AF)

That's the complete breakdown of my tactic with all of the instructions for each role and the players that I use.

Now regarding the problems that I often have or the things that frustate me the most:

1.Most goals come from counters.

2.My IF are horrible this season

3. I don't know how well my BWM is performing as the "screen" that protects my defense

4. Having two CWB is too risky for a team like mine I think.

My solutions (Atleast for me) are the following:

1. Take off "Take more risks" off the CB and do something about the CWB and the BWM

2.This is related with the first point. I'll turn the IF on attack and get rid of all the instructions. Same for the Winger, get rid off the instructions and put in on support. However, I don't know what am I going to do with the Mezzala mostly because having the two on attack will be a death sentence and I don't know who to put on Attack (Maybe the CM or the Right CWB)

3. I'll put him on DM (D) or any other role such as a HB or an A.

4. I think the best case is either changing the left CWB into a FB on support or an IWB on s,

Thanks in advance for reading and watching all of this. I'll be really happy if you recommend or throw in your two cents into this situation.

I see Mokhothu and predict he became a great IFB for your team. You may have to sign a good BPD or DM and train them into a libero, but I see a potential IFB-libero combo in your backline. To address some of your problems:

On 30/08/2024 at 00:06, Daguimar_ said:

1.Most goals come from counters.

3. I don't know how well my BWM is performing as the "screen" that protects my defense

In my opinion, it came from the BWM role; it's suicide to have it as a lone 6 cause this role moves around too much when you need someone to hold position to protect the space in front of your backline, I would change it to DMs or Anchor. If you choose the IFB-libero combo, you can have a 3-2 rest defense, and I guarantee, your goal concede from the counter would be heavily reduced.

2.My IF are horrible this season

With your IF, I see he has little to no support, AF likes to attack channels and look to create chances for themselves to shoot, Mez att really likes to attack left-half space; and CWB would like to be wide and cross into the box if possible. I would say that the easiest combo I can think of in the left side is IFB - Mez att- IFs. Mez with move forward, move into channel and take more risk; IFs with stay wider and get further  forward. Regarding your striker, I don't think AF attack is best in a 433, poacher, or F9; CFs or even PFs would be more sensible. Your striker is ok, but if he's not as prolific as you expect, better bannish them to a support role for your winger/midfield to score.

4. Having two CWB is too risky for a team like mine I think.

You can have a backline of IFB-CD-libero(d)-IFB if you want, but this approach needs your winger to hold width, so your IF(s) need to stay wider, or at least always keep a winger in the right flank. If not, you can change to FBs or FB at; both can hold width in your tactic and interact better with your midfield and winger.

Finally, the run-ins with your 2 MC look weird; I'd remove that.

If you are looking to create a tactic from scratch, ditch the PI and start with a simple base, then build on that. You can even use a custom slate without any instructions at all, and just choose a mentality. Watch a couple of matches to see how the team plays and build from there.