[SOLVED] International/Continental Competition hosted in the same nation every year/4 year?

Hello everyone!

I'm curious if there's a way to establish an international or continental competition that is hosted in the same nation every year, or perhaps every four years. The idea is to have the competition consistently take place in a specific country of your choosing. I would really appreciate any insights you might have. Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by theonenonly

Yes you can easily enough. Have a look at the Stadium Rules and Host Nation. You can add the nation you want to have your competition played there. Also look at fixture dates section in Fixture Times and Rules. When inputting the dates there is a column for Stadium Rules. Set it for host or if you add stadium 0, 1 , 2 etc then it will pick the specific stadia associated with those numbers for the country you chose to host your competition.

7 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Yes you can easily enough. Have a look at the Stadium Rules and Host Nation. You can add the nation you want to have your competition played there. Also look at fixture dates section in Fixture Times and Rules. When inputting the dates there is a column for Stadium Rules. Set it for host or if you add stadium 0, 1 , 2 etc then it will pick the specific stadia associated with those numbers for the country you chose to host your competition.

When examining the Stadium Rules and Host Nation settings, it becomes apparent that you can only specify a host nation on a yearly basis. Essentially, this means that I can restrict the competition to be held exclusively in a particular nation by adding that nation as the host for each subsequent year. Is there an alternative approach or a feature that I might be overlooking to achieve this more efficiently?

Here's an example from my Club World Cup file. I removed the 2 nations I had in there in order to show you. I replaced them with 1 nation....Germany.

My Host Nation screen just has Germany in it, and no year set. Host nation is set to rotate from this list. A rotation of 1 will always use Germany.

image.thumb.png.41c9aa1c49469d10c8359feea3939688.png

Here is my Fixture Dates screen. I have it set that the matches in the tournament will be in 2 stadia: Stadium 0 and Stadium 1.

image.thumb.png.72b2f63dae0f26ff429b4a8747ada87e.png

Here are the semi finals, and their corresponding venues:

image.png.7556b5bcb7cb0b4743fa4a617fd8c0fe.png

Finally, I ran an editor test up to 2035, and as you can see every year was held in Germany, with the final in Stadium 0.

image.thumb.png.ba56e5bb9d930708a4c15091e3b0c668.png

Hope that helps you. You can pretty much do anything with this editor once you know what buttons to press :D

22 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Here's an example from my Club World Cup file. I removed the 2 nations I had in there in order to show you. I replaced them with 1 nation....Germany.

My Host Nation screen just has Germany in it, and no year set. Host nation is set to rotate from this list. A rotation of 1 will always use Germany.

Here is my Fixture Dates screen. I have it set that the matches in the tournament will be in 2 stadia: Stadium 0 and Stadium 1.

Finally, I ran an editor test up to 2035, and as you can see every year was held in Germany, with the final in Stadium 0.

Hope that helps you. You can pretty much do anything with this editor once you know what buttons to press :D

Wow, @\'Appy \'Ammer you’re a genius—amazing work! I still have so much to learn, but your help has been invaluable. Thanks a ton! By the way, how do you run tests results in your editor? That’s very new to me.

38 minutes ago, theonenonly said:

how do you run tests results in your editor?

image.thumb.png.bd675f8ce97e9ae7099ae13a9265eeff.png

You can add nations (at the top) to simulate divisions in that nation. If you don't add a nation it will just run with the International and Intercontinental competitions. It will run between the dates you select, and will throw up errors to highlight where you've messed up!!

Once the test is complete you can examine the results of your hard labour, whether that is to work out why your file has not worked properly, or to admire your new footballing universe!!

image.thumb.png.b65861abe61172c44affadc192a15b7b.png

Damnnn, I just realized that after all these years, I haven’t been using the editor to its full potential! I see the “Test Competitions” option every day but never knew how to use it. Thank you so much for enlightening me!

On 30/08/2024 at 20:31, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Is there a downloadable version of this??

• theonenonly changed the title to [SOLVED] International/Continental Competition hosted in the same nation every year/4 year?