FM24 free on the Epic store! (ENDED)

The title says it all.  FM24 free on Epic now.  Make sure you get it if you haven't already!

Note: it comes with the pregame editor.

Edited by Andros
Added that it is free now and until when.

• Andros changed the title to FM24 free on the Epic store next week!
17 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Whats the issue with Epic?  Genuinely curious

A number of years ago it was shown that it would steal your data from steam and sell it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/epic-responds-to-accusations-its-launcher-accesses-steam-data-without-permission

Also everyone I've ever talked to said it sucks. I don't need another game store when I have steam and gog anyway.

Am 2.9.2024 um 17:56 schrieb Marko1989:

It will be free from 5th September until Sept 12th. I don't know about time

From September 5th at 17:00 CEST (15:00 UTC) on.

4 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

Anyone know if the pre-game editor (the one where you make custom leagues) is available in the epic store?

I only have FM21 on Epic, but I got all tools there then, so I suspect you will in FM24 too...

image.png.5ea955bb59158fc661c9eaedb1566b03.png

2 ore fa, XaW ha scritto:

I only have FM21 on Epic, but I got all tools there then, so I suspect you will in FM24 too...

image.png.5ea955bb59158fc661c9eaedb1566b03.png

I've already checked the fm24 page on the epic store in preparation for tomorrow and i only see fm24, fm24 demo and fm24 ingame editor (the one that change stuff during the game). Unless the pre-game editor gets downloaded alongside fm24 when i'll redeem it i can't find it anywhere.

• Andros changed the title to FM24 free on the Epic store now! for 1 week (until the 13th)
19 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

I've already checked the fm24 page on the epic store in preparation for tomorrow and i only see fm24, fm24 demo and fm24 ingame editor (the one that change stuff during the game). Unless the pre-game editor gets downloaded alongside fm24 when i'll redeem it i can't find it anywhere.

Just redeemed to check and yes, it's there:

image.png.b5f3aeb0dc998c331ba08c0e44c530c3.png

I'm currently enjoying my FM23 save. Is it worth it porting it to FM24? The only real gripe I have (besides some smaller issues) is the overall sluggishness (despite having top notch PC) and the constant "computing breaks" (even when checked to have less of those in the preferences)

Downloaded the latest database on sortitout, anyone know where to place the fmf files and how to apply it in-game? I've put it in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\editor data but it does not show up.

On 31/08/2024 at 13:24, wazzaflow10 said:

A number of years ago it was shown that it would steal your data from steam and sell it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/epic-responds-to-accusations-its-launcher-accesses-steam-data-without-permission

Also everyone I've ever talked to said it sucks. I don't need another game store when I have steam and gog anyway.

Your data is being 'stolen' by everyone regardless.

The data is passed on to companies who want to target you with products. It is far less nefarious than you think. They don't give a crap about who you are - they only care about reaching interested consumers with adverts so you might buy their products.

There is a lot of scummy things in the world but targeted advertising is fairly benign. It is important to smaller companies to spend less and reach core customers.

Is there a thread/post on how to transfer a save from FM23 to FM24 or is it so easy that nobody has needed one?

I didn't get to investigate last night and want to get it done asap tonight!

5 minutes ago, Uncle Adi said:

Is there a thread/post on how to transfer a save from FM23 to FM24 or is it so easy that nobody has needed one?

I didn't get to investigate last night and want to get it done asap tonight!

It's that easy. When you start the game, press "Load game" and you can select FM23 or FM24 and it will task you to the default folders for it.

image.png.b8b936284cbb1af1d5ad2c60b7625033.png

10 hours ago, Kickballz said:

Your data is being 'stolen' by everyone regardless.

The data is passed on to companies who want to target you with products. It is far less nefarious than you think. They don't give a crap about who you are - they only care about reaching interested consumers with adverts so you might buy their products.

There is a lot of scummy things in the world but targeted advertising is fairly benign. It is important to smaller companies to spend less and reach core customers.

Ah yes the I should just let everyone have access to everything because everyone else does it argument. Frankly I turn off as much sharing as I possibly can with anything I buy. You bet I'm going to go through the hour or so of pain to turn off all the bloated features windows 11 comes with when I have to upgrade after support ends. And there's a decent chance the next PC build I have will be some form of linux OS.

If it's all the same to you I prefer to keep spyware off my personal machines. Funny how steam doesn't have any record of going into apps they don't have permission to and extract data that doesn't belong to them. Also as I mentioned the epic game store is garbage compared to steam and gog. If you're willing to allow epic to infiltrate your machine and capture information that it doesn't have permission to that's your choice.

18 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Ah yes the I should just let everyone have access to everything because everyone else does it argument. Frankly I turn off as much sharing as I possibly can with anything I buy. You bet I'm going to go through the hour or so of pain to turn off all the bloated features windows 11 comes with when I have to upgrade after support ends. And there's a decent chance the next PC build I have will be some form of linux OS.

If it's all the same to you I prefer to keep spyware off my personal machines. Funny how steam doesn't have any record of going into apps they don't have permission to and extract data that doesn't belong to them. Also as I mentioned the epic game store is garbage compared to steam and gog. If you're willing to allow epic to infiltrate your machine and capture information that it doesn't have permission to that's your choice.

Well you are mixing up different things.

I also don't want spyware on my pc and I have always been very serious about security.

I used to think the same as you but there is an inevitability that your data can't be controlled. When it comes to advertising, it is completely unimportant. Do you really care that a bunch of algorithims are constantly at work? it is completely impersonal. There is no human factor.

As for the Epic store, I respect your opinion that it is garbage. Personally I don't really care about the client and I play as many games on Epic as I do Steam. It works fine for me and that is all I really care about.

57 minutes ago, Kickballz said:

Well you are mixing up different things.

I also don't want spyware on my pc and I have always been very serious about security.

I used to think the same as you but there is an inevitability that your data can't be controlled. When it comes to advertising, it is completely unimportant. Do you really care that a bunch of algorithims are constantly at work? it is completely impersonal. There is no human factor.

As for the Epic store, I respect your opinion that it is garbage. Personally I don't really care about the client and I play as many games on Epic as I do Steam. It works fine for me and that is all I really care about.

Not mixing anything up. Its public knowledge they were accessing things they did not have permission to access. That's spyware. Just because its wrapped in a game client doesn't make it any less spyware. If you don't care about it that's fine. I do so I won't install it on my machines.

8 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Not mixing anything up. Its public knowledge they were accessing things they did not have permission to access. That's spyware. Just because its wrapped in a game client doesn't make it any less spyware. If you don't care about it that's fine. I do so I won't install it on my machines.

It was not spyware. Not even close.

The information they were accessing was unencrypted and is used for linking accounts. Do you have any linked accounts?

I have most of my accounts linked. It is convenient.

The mistake they made was trawling the information which would be needed to link accounts without asking for permission first. They apologized. The information itself is worthless. Nobody can do anything with it. It was unencrypted steam data with no identifying information.

14 minutes ago, Kickballz said:

It was not spyware. Not even close.

The information they were accessing was unencrypted and is used for linking accounts. Do you have any linked accounts?

I have most of my accounts linked. It is convenient.

The mistake they made was trawling the information which would be needed to link accounts without asking for permission first. They apologized. The information itself is worthless. Nobody can do anything with it. It was unencrypted steam data with no identifying information.

We'll agree to disagree then.

13 hours ago, alian62 said:

Thats a slap in the face of those who purchased at full price

Not really, when you purchase a game, you know that at some point it's going to be cheaper and has the chance of being free at some point. When you buy it, you're happy with the price you pay, or why else would you pay for it?

On 08/09/2024 at 01:09, MichaelNevo said:

Not really, when you purchase a game, you know that at some point it's going to be cheaper and has the chance of being free at some point. When you buy it, you're happy with the price you pay, or why else would you pay for it?

Yeah but it's not cheaper because no cost is involved . It's Free

• Andros changed the title to FM24 free on the Epic store! (ENDED)