instant result in football manager 2025 mobile

• SI Staff
On 01/09/2024 at 12:05, brunotoddy said:

Is there any chance of getting instant results of matches in football manager 2025 mobile? 

It would be a very useful function for those who are short on time. @Marc Vaughan

Its something I've been mulling over for a while - I don't think it'll make the next version of the game*, but might appear in the future - to be honest I'd prefer it to be in a 'more removed' version/mode where you played as a chairman rather than encouraging people to skip matches ... but watch this space, time will tell :)

*Simply put we're about to hit 'feature complete' for that version and changing the feature set this late in the day would be incredibly risky (and no sorry I can't talk about that version yet).

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/09/2024 at 21:04, Marc Vaughan said:

"To be honest I'd prefer it to be in a 'more removed' version/mode where you played as a chairman rather than encouraging people to skip matches ... but watch this space, time will tell :)"

Does this mean other versions are coming out, like playing as a Chairman? (Possibly other roles in the club?).

• SI Staff

No promises with regards to timelines or such (and most definitely not for the next version) - I have LOTS of plans for the future of the game long-term, however each takes time and effort to bring to fruition.

(this is why I tend to discuss things in generalities and what I think of ideas rather than indicating something will happen for a specific version, I don't want people to get excited about something before I know 100% that it will occur and be present within a version of the game, this is why we tend to announce our feature set only fairly close to the games release ... simply put if something is in development it doesn't guarantee it'll be in the game, if its deemed that it doesn't make the game better then its not going to be in anything that goes out, simple as that (in the past I've worked for several months on a feature only to decide that it actually made the game feel 'worse' and then junked it rather than degrade peoples experience).

Either instant results or chairman-like mode would be interesting features to keep the gameplay more varied. I’d prefer instant results though as there are times during a career where you want to skip forward faster in a season with little left to play for, but still play the full games the next one. Simulating only ruins the gameplay in its current state as results are almost always much worse and there’s no way to control which players are on the pitch.

On 23/09/2024 at 19:18, Shanamaj said:

Either instant results or chairman-like mode would be interesting features to keep the gameplay more varied. I’d prefer instant results though as there are times during a career where you want to skip forward faster in a season with little left to play for, but still play the full games the next one. Simulating only ruins the gameplay in its current state as results are almost always much worse and there’s no way to control which players are on the pitch.

Games take circa 90 seconds to complete (Inc Subs/Half time etc). If you want to miss games / skip forward... Surely just going on holiday is the better option for you? If its possible to add "Use same Squad / tactics" as one of the holiday options would be useful and solve your problem of simulating.

On 27/09/2024 at 09:43, jamie_B_105 said:

Games take circa 90 seconds to complete (Inc Subs/Half time etc). If you want to miss games / skip forward... Surely just going on holiday is the better option for you? If its possible to add "Use same Squad / tactics" as one of the holiday options would be useful and solve your problem of simulating.

If you go on holiday the match will be registered as your Assistant Manager was in charge, if you instant result a match, it will be registered as you still being in charge.

Lets say you instant result a whole season, you will still get the credit for winning thophy's

but if you holiday, your Assistant will get the credit.

I've never understood why anyone would want an instant result. You literally have no control over anything. Surely if you set the game speed to the highest and tweak a few options then surely a game can be over in around a minute or just over? I don't see any point in an instant result feature, it just screams of people who just buy the best players and have galacticos and want instant/quick success by winning everything, oh I won the treble, I won all this lol. I ain't played the game in months because I am a bit addicted to Football Chairman 2 lol, but for me the game is always best when you start off at the bottom and work your way to the big leagues and big jobs. Instant result kind of goes against what the game is. 

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia

3 hours ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

I've never understood why anyone would want an instant result. You literally have no control over anything. Surely if you set the game speed to the highest and tweak a few options then surely a game can be over in around a minute or just over? I don't see any point in an instant result feature, it just screams of people who just buy the best players and have galacticos and want instant/quick success by winning everything, oh I won the treble, I won all this lol. I ain't played the game in months because I am a bit addicted to Football Chairman 2 lol, but for me the game is always best when you start off at the bottom and work your way to the big leagues and big jobs. Instant result kind of goes against what the game is. 

There is alot of ppl that use the Instant result because they don't have the time needed to play it any other way.

When using the Instant result you always have the option to set up a Matchplan ahead of time, yes i know it's limited to what you can make it do, but you will have alittle control :)

But i agree with you that max speed etc does cut of alot of time of a match, but it's not always enough (this is heard from a few ppl that would not be able to play FM without the instant result for whatever reason)