[FM24] EL RENACIMIENTO (VALENCIA)

rushFM

The year is 2024. Valencia's fans have been enduring almost a decade of poor sports and financial management by their board, and a club that was a European giant at the beginning of the 21st century, reaching two Champions League finals, is now fighting for a mid-table position. Every weekend, the chants of "Peter, leave now" can be heard from the fans, but the Singaporean magnate seems to have no interest in the team or its supporters. The poor financial situation prevents Valencia from competing with the top teams in Spain, and their signings are mostly based on very veteran free agents like Edinson Cavani and homegrown academy players. 

To try to reverse the situation and boost the morale of the fans, Valencia's board decides to sign Santiago Cañizares, the legendary goalkeeper of Valencia and Real Madrid, among others. Cañizares developed as a goalkeeper under the guidance of Rafa Benítez during the club's most successful period. As Benítez's protégé, Cañizares will attempt to replicate the famous 4-2-3-1 formation that brought so much joy to Mestalla.spacer.png

spacer.png

(Sorry about the photos, it´s my first post here :), if someone could help me I would really appreciate it)

Cañizares wants to instill in the club the mentality and philosophy that brought success to Valencia 20 years ago. These are the four fundamental pillars that Valencia will follow from now on:

Tactics: The team will play with a 4-2-3-1 formation. This is non-negotiable. The team must be highly offensive, providing entertainment. In upcoming posts, I will go into detail about the lineup and tactics.

Club Staff: Only Spanish employees will be allowed to join the club, preferably those who have previously played for or worked at Valencia. A strong personality will be a plus, as well as a preference for the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Transfers: The team is facing a significant debt, and to resolve this, we must be very smart when entering the transfer market. I will have to sell some key players against my will in order to achieve financial sustainability. When entering the market, we will always try to target players whose market value is low relative to their quality, so that we can sell them later and secure a financial profit.

The Academy: Valencia has produced great youth players over the years, such as Ferrán Torres, Kang In Lee, Gayá, Carlos Soler, and others. I don’t want to break this tradition and will continue to rely on the academy as the primary source to strengthen the first team.

hace 21 horas, Rick87 dijo:

Good luck with Valencia, they had an amazing squad in the early part of this century, shame things have turned so badly for them.

Thanks! I'm going to try to win the Champions League that they have never won and attempt to dethrone Barcelona as the best youth academy in Spain.

We're starting the game in 'real world' mode, so I'll work with what I have available this preseason. Speaking of preseasons, I'll tell you how I like to plan them personally. I usually use these friendly matches to find my ideal starting eleven and try to ensure that all the players in the squad reach the first league match with a decent fitness level. The preseason is also very useful for giving some minutes to the most promising players from the reserve team. By watching a couple of games, we can get an idea of which young player is ready to join the first team, who needs a loan, and who is still immature and needs more time in the B team.

The season will be tough and demanding, with opponents like PSG and Lyon. This will allow us to see where Valencia stands in comparison to these European giants.

4478c6109ac9b0a847147ca6a84b0ba4.png

As for the training during these weeks, I like to incorporate a lot of physical work to ensure the players are well-prepared for the season, while also analyzing the needs of each player in their individual training sessions.

318c37935215d925f6c383e25d2bfd7b.png

Let's analyze the squad. To classify the players, we'll separate them into different categories.

Veterans: These are highly experienced players who will be valuable both as starters and for squad depth. We'll aim to use them until their contracts expire, unless they earn a renewal despite their age. My intention is to have the veteran players retire at the club and transition into the staff.

Stars: These players are the heart of the team. With undeniable talent, their skill is so crucial that we need to build the team around them. We'll aim to keep them in the squad at all costs, and we'll only consider offers for them if their release clause is met.

Squad Players: These are players with affordable salaries who will be valuable for rotation and giving our starters some rest.

Young Prospects: These are players under 23 years old with enough skill to earn minutes in the first team. Their development throughout the season will determine whether they stay in the squad or if we look to transfer them to other clubs, provided the deal is financially advantageous.

Excess Players: These are players whom we will actively seek to sell, either because they don't meet the quality required for the first team or because their salary is too high.

Academy Stars: The heart and core of this project. Throughout the season, we’ll give some minutes to the most promising young players from the reserve team to see how they handle professional football.

999888aaf15bdf2ab48e22f6e6a75cca.png

hace 42 minutos, rushFM dijo:

Let's analyze the squad. To classify the players, we'll separate them into different categories.

Veterans: These are highly experienced players who will be valuable both as starters and for squad depth. We'll aim to use them until their contracts expire, unless they earn a renewal despite their age. My intention is to have the veteran players retire at the club and transition into the staff.

Stars: These players are the heart of the team. With undeniable talent, their skill is so crucial that we need to build the team around them. We'll aim to keep them in the squad at all costs, and we'll only consider offers for them if their release clause is met.

Squad Players: These are players with affordable salaries who will be valuable for rotation and giving our starters some rest.

Young Prospects: These are players under 23 years old with enough skill to earn minutes in the first team. Their development throughout the season will determine whether they stay in the squad or if we look to transfer them to other clubs, provided the deal is financially advantageous.

Excess Players: These are players whom we will actively seek to sell, either because they don't meet the quality required for the first team or because their salary is too high.

Academy Stars: The heart and core of this project. Throughout the season, we’ll give some minutes to the most promising young players from the reserve team to see how they handle professional football.

999888aaf15bdf2ab48e22f6e6a75cca.png

Let's get to know the squad.

Mamardashvili: Star. A world-class goalkeeper at just 22 years old. It will be challenging to keep him in the team if we don’t qualify for European competitions this season.

36106a9d64ec470ca449355dad335286.png

Jaume Domenech: Veteran. A Valencia classic who has been with the club since 2013. We’ll keep him in the team for his vast experience and leadership. He will serve as a mentor and role model for the younger players.

9c32df56eefff73db47dec2e8ed3c647.png

Cristian Rivero: Squad Player. A decent goalkeeper. As a product of our youth academy, we’re interested in keeping him in the team, especially since he has a modest salary.

4c013121451853b114d2f77e5c9de255.png

Randall Correia: Star. A 24-year-old right-back with tremendous potential, already being tracked by several top European clubs like Napoli and Leipzig.

2dd433ed34ba484bb826e597fe0d78bf.png

Foulquier: Veteran. Backup for Correia. His contract expires next season, and I don’t think we’ll be renewing it.

65a99c7fc4afcbdf1b9d3edbd56ebb68.png

Diakhaby: Star. A center-back with exceptional physical attributes and a good ability to play out from the back. We’ll look for ways to maximize the performance of this great defender.

f44b8e63d1907a4bf0e3ed9b9772adc2.png

Ozkacar: Young Prospect. A player with a lot of potential who will need to compete with Mosquera for the left-center-back position.

d5b40b99fb0b46e3b439c60eca52e0ef.png

Mosquera: Young Prospect. A youth academy product, just 19 years old, with the skill and physicality to compete at the highest level. One of the fans' favorites.

df6100570737d2964a053a05d8549c7b.png

Gayá: Star. The captain. With 330 appearances for Valencia, his name is chanted by the fans at Mestalla every weekend. My plan is to renew his contract so that he stays at the club until he retires, and once retired, to convince him to join the staff. A true Valencia legend.

faf2a657d6236a315aa5e03b7313d8ce.png

Jesús Vázquez: Young Prospect.

692ba04a40b965bbbefac84e3cd5649e.png

Yarek Gasiorowski: Academy Star. With Gabriel Paulista’s move to Atlético de Madrid, Yarek has the chance to get some minutes with the first team. This could be the year when the young center-back shows all of his potential.

c15dc526ecf32604840c9fe248a2d6ba.png

Hugo Guillamón: Star. This Valencia youth product is a perfect hybrid between a center-back and a defensive midfielder. At just 23 years old, he has already been called up to the national team. An undisputed starter.

561d660fdfbc824c0ac604edf469328f.png

Pepelu: Star. Signed from one of our biggest rivals, Levante. This great talent will be very useful for us in the double pivot role this season.

eac383c9ca1f882a587b14eacdf1d9ef.png

André Almeida: Star. A highly skilled attacking midfielder who will serve as the link between the midfield and our forward line.

a86c3969c63d672e9691611a0edee26b.png

Javi Guerra: Star. A wonderkid and youth academy product—what more could we ask for? Another fan favorite who will bring us plenty of joy this year.

b9853c047ebde00d3daad21b445523b9.png

Hugo Gonzalez: Academy Star. We’ll use him as a rotation option for the wings. The team’s coaches indicate that he has great potential.

755b364347d2d43013f70402e9b3de1d.png

Fran Perez: Young Prospect. Another youth academy product and an elite player at our disposal. Very fast and skillful with the ball.

f61860303d9047a9797dc2922f5bdd6b.png

Pablo Gozalbez: Young Prospect. A backup option for the attacking midfield role. We’ll be monitoring his progress throughout the season.

93dd1adecd25efc9894cd11aa8c7d0bb.png

Diego López: Young Prospect. Coming from Barcelona's youth academy, which is always a promising sign. An option for the left wing.

3f393acffeef0ebada9a2c0dcad67b68.png

Rodrigo Farofa: Excess Player. Doesn’t have the quality to be part of the team, not even as a substitute.

dc59f978104ae495dffa3ef0a3dfd699.png

Hugo Duro: Star. Coming from "La Fábrica," he has earned the starting center-forward position after three seasons with Valencia.

97209eb8509746eede5653a5af3de09f.png