Which Scottish giant do we like more?

Crowd sourcing some advice here... Which enormous Scottish striker do we like best?

I've been running a direct, counter 4231 with some nice quick young wingers, and my current striker, while young and talented overall, has 6 heading and has been useless lately. So I think I need a big lunk who can get in the box and head in a cross.

My scouts give both of these big lads 3.5-4 star potential ability.  I would probably be using them an AF, maybe poacher or target.  I'm also playing with the idea of running a 442 or 424 to get one of these guys on the field with my current striker the same time.

Basically, Clark is younger and has better all-around game, but O'Donnell is a little quicker and has a big edge in finishing (and for an Advanced Forward quickness and finishing count for a lot...)

Please help, I can't decide!

bigm.thumb.png.ba6af1a2697ec3a3f56ed8c364a300be.png

5 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Clark for me.

His Decisions, OTB & Anticipation mean he'll be able to get on the end of more balls into the box

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

Clark- do extra training on his finishing and he will be fine.

I'd go Clark for the same reasons as above, and he's younger so there's more room for improvement, but with the caveat of assuming that there are no personality trait red flags.

15 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

I'd go Clark for the same reasons as above, and he's younger so there's more room for improvement, but with the caveat of assuming that there are no personality trait red flags.

I think I'm leaning this way as well - I appreciate all the responses!  Very helpful to see outside opinions on this, I like that the responses are as divided as my initial assessments of the players.

As for personalities, that is a good thought.  But to reinforce the idea that these guys are actually just clones of each other, they both have Fairly Ambitious personalities, both have Plays With Back to Goal traits (O'Donnell also has Plays Short Simple Passes), and both have flags of "could have trouble adjusting to a new country at young age"

Edited by nms1987

8 minutes ago, nms1987 said:

I think I'm leaning this way as well - I appreciate all the responses!  Very helpful to see outside opinions on this/  I like that the responses are as divided as my initial assessments of the players.

As for personalities, that is a good thought.  But to reinforce the idea that these guys are actually just clones of each other, they both have Fairly Ambitious personalities, both have Plays With Back to Goal traits (O'Donnell also has Plays Short Simple Passes), and both have flags of "could have trouble adjusting to a new country at young age"

Don't be hasty.

Three reasons why you should go for O'Donnell.

1) Leadership. He could potentially become a very influential player and affect those around him,

2) He is already a great finisher

3) he is a good age for coming into the first team - he will likely reach his potential at a quicker rate than Clark over the next two years. You will probably be looking to upgrade soon anyway and when your team moves on neither might be good enough.

Clark in a heartbeat.

Anticipation, Decisions and Off The Ball are the key attributes I look for.

Finishing (in my experience ( eg my current top scorer has 11 for finishing and has 221 goals in 256 league games)) makes next to no difference and in 2 years, when he is the same age as O'Donnell is now it will have improved and he will be a much better striker.