FM 2009:Official Norwich City Thread

Super Canaries

I'm back! :)

After being headhunted by Celtic, I took them to glory in the League and both cups. Despite that, the fans turned on me and said I hadn't done well enough. So I resigned.

Sure enough, Paul Ince (who took over from me when he left) had been sacked after Norwich did a Watford in the Premiership. That seemed to be too much of a coincidence to be true, so I applied and got the job. And then I was subsequently told I was managing "below my level" lol!

Anyway, Damien Le Tallec and Robert Lewandowski have both been sold for fair amounts so I've got £12mil to spend on getting promotion. The rest of the side is large intact, which is great - there are a lot of good players here, more than good enough for the Championship. So I'm feeling pretty confident of returning to the Premiership soon.

Will keep you updated!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I held off on getting FM2009 for a couple of months but now I have it and damn is managing Norwich hard. It's easier to get a BSN/S into the Premiership ;). I've started out about 8-9 games as Norwich manager and I've only been successful once. The first few tries I wanted the team to play good football, now that was a big mistake I rarely won any matches at all so I reverted to doing a Stoke and long(ish) ball :(.

There are some good tips for players in this thread. I found I couldn't get away with doing my normal LLM manager and only signing players I have scouted or employing staff who apply for the jobs. On the issue of staff I only sack the scouts as the Star ratings for training are not that important, just let the existing coaches contracts run out (I do offer 2 year contracts to the youth coaches turning them into proper coaches) and then replace them.

Getting a lot the players recommended in this thread seems very hard in 9.2 they always go somewhere else in preference to Norwich.

well i'm halfway through first season on 9.2 patch and things are going well. have dramatically overhauled team and am sitting atop the championship.

OUT

Fotheringham 450k

Marshall 1.8m

Cureton 150k

Chadwick 100k

Russel 750k

Croft 200k

Otsembor 300k

Drury 300k

Lappin 100k

Doherty 100k

Cancelled all loan players and basically started from scratch. I felt there were alot of overpaid players and cheaper alternatives could be found. Released a number of staff - and signed Paul Power as Asst Mgr. Great judging ability which i feel is the most important abilities for Asst.

IN

Cygan 90k

Makukula 120k

Smertin - free

Christanval - free

Trabelsi - free

Appiah - free

Saidi - free

Tskishvili - free

Fraga - 6k

Kallon - free

Krivets - 500k

Guzman - 16k

Castillo - 50k

Fedorov - free

Borges - 210k

Musasa - free

Bodipo - 150k

Aurelio - 160k

Best buys have been Makukula, Castillo, Bodipo and Cygan. I cant recommend makukula enough = averaging a goal a game!They have all been averaging over 7 so far and lots of clean sheets. Playing an attacking 4-1-3-2 formation, mixed/short passing style, normal/narrow width, rarely time wasting, normal/high defensive line, with tight marking, offside trap and counter attacking set up. passing focused through middle, and a quick tempo which is suiting players well. Tried to sign Fiore, Gravesen and am trying again to sign Appiah - first three times he failed to get a work permit but he is still unsigned! Because Norwich haven;t entered the reserve competition i have not signed any players for added depth - they will just get stale training with no game time. Have taken on Wycombe as a feeder team and have Everton as parent club (only had everton or newcastle to choose from) but due to loans already cancelled i cannot take anyone =[

have eduardo in my sights but with only 900k left they won't sell him to me! they keep asking for 1.5m... i really need a DL or WBL but will stick with current squad me thinks. am pretty close to salary cap as well - 110k. it was a real test to sign enough players for start of the season and now have to just hope i can stay injury free for second half of season as i don't really have any strength in depth. am using darkstarr training which is working great also.

hope some of my signings might work for other teams and good luck

"i cant read, i cant write, but i dont care cause my tractors alright.".."

p.s good riddance roeder

Just started with my local team (i live next to the stadium in fact :))

Terminated ALL loans, yup all of them gone, asked for more money and wages (got it).

OUT:

Lappin - 1m

Otsemobor - 500k

Cureton - 500k

Russel - 2m (god bless Hull)

Fotheringham - 800k

Doherty - 50k

Drury - 500k

Clingan - loan

Bell - loan

Chadwick - 50k

IN:

Sanmartean - free

Diatta - free

Ljungberg - 14k

fernandes - free

Beto - 170k

Lequi - free

Makukula - 300k

Borges - 300k

Ramalho - free

Appiah - free

Domingo - 30k

lambo - 400k

Rivas - 900k

Mattock - 2.5m

Wilshere - loan

franco di santo - loan

chopra - loan

murphy - loan

My defence is amazing, mattock, rivas, beto, Diatta are all topflight class.

Wilshere has been amazing in midfield, im desperately trying to sell players to sign him full time (7m buy-out clause in the loan contract), and oddly enough Croft has been one of my best players, his forward runs and dribbling are a sight to behold!

Makuka plays as a lone TM upfront and has got more goals than games at this stage!

Took the plunge and decided to start a Norwich game again. As with most of the people on here I believe the first thing I did was do a massive rebuild of the team.

Outs-

Otsemobor QPR 500k

Luke Chadwock Blackpool 170k

Mark Fotheringham Sheff Wed 600k

Adam Drury Barnsley 650k

Tried to sell Lappin and Russell but had no takers (despite huge interest in both)

Bought-

Smertin (who isn't?) nout

Cowie 170k (cracking)

Graveson nout

Mirnes Sisic (disappointing) 120k

Nenad Injac (same) 16k

Lee Ho 190k

Phillippe Christanval nout

Stephan Loboue 65k

Played a few games with disappointing results. Cancelled Lupolli's loan and asked the board for more money. It seems electronic Deliah is a bit friendlier than the real thing as they coughed up around 4 million. Tried to get a huge bundle of strikers (that Polish lad and Kone from Cluj didn't want to come) so in the end I went for

Maxim Shatskikh 1m

James Keene 1m

Pa**** Cisse 1.5

+++edit+++ heh, wait.... that totally wasn't meant .... the striker plays for Metz if that's any help ++++

Shatskikh I bought from Dinamo Kiev, he was 3m knocked down to 1. Keene is a player I've loved for a few years now and always tend to buy him for my Norwich game. Cisse is an unknown, as he got injured on international duty before his first game.

What tactics are everyone using? I'm 6th after 7 games on 12 points (3 wins, 3 draws)

Something else no one's really mentioned here. Can anyone recommend any good scouts to sign? The ones I've got are awful and no one else wants to come to me.

well champions of the championship (?!) - won 29, drew 14, lost 3 (blackpool home and away! - and they were relegated). makukula top league scorer with 37 goals, bodipo scored 18 and cygan had 9 (all from corners). had four players named in the championship team of the season and am stoked with squad. financially things aren't too great - i offered high payouts for good league result and had to fork out 2m pounds for winning and only half 1.5m in bank. was losing about 600k per month but am hoping someone comes in with some good offers for some of my players - otherwise i won't be getting any new players!

am keeping my eyes on Bojan as he is set to be released for free and i see that saivet is interested in joining norwich - for 7.5m... <sigh> anyone have any recommendations for good players (cheap) that will keep me in the premier league!?

i got promoted, lost none.

I've got quite alot of cash, making some decent sales and will buy in some nu freebies etc.

and my first signing was Van der Vaart!! 3m, unhappy at madrid as usual and nobody else even bid?

got Bojan on a free as Barelona released him?! 22k wages and 1.5m signing bonus but i've got him. Appiah looks to be leaving as a number of clubs are lining up and he 'wants to move to a bigger club', and Krivets is doing the same.There goes my midfield in the first transfer window... Have lost Castillo to Newcastle and they made an offer for Kallon that was accepted by the directors - wasn't happy about that but what can you do?

Only got 4.6m in kitty for buys so have been raiding the free transfer market but not too much jumping out. Have made an offer for Ledley (2.2m) and also signed Glauber (free) but need defenders desperately! Drew first game with Villa 0-0 (away) but lost to Chelsea 1-2 (away) - next up Swindon in the League Cup!

Anyone else going through the first season in premiership trials and tribulations?

Yeah got Bojan on free also keirrison on free assulin bought lewandowski for 2mill >just for profit factor joe mattock got daniel opare on free bought nortdveit got cossentino on a free renato civelli on a free (cause i had his brother and found him do to him being personal favourite- also 25 but sell value 2.5 mill :)) bought jiri kladrubsky billy jones and got loach in goal on free.

Alot of my other players bought have been young and with potential sale value, so hope i can achieve the mid table finish i said to board to get 8.22mill for this season.

I also sold sammy clingan at this pre-season for 1.1mill and he only played 3 games for me previous season. 1.9mill was achieved for Hoolahan too which i was chuffed with especially as he only played 4 games for me...but now looking back those 4 games he did play well in..4assists and average rating 7.20. Another player i sold this pre- season was doherty...got 500k for him and again he didnt play once the whole season for me.

So yeah think i need to strengthen my midfield centre area as i am very week there however now struggling with finances do to stupidity buy young and cheap sell in a few seasons for beasty profit, <i love this element the most BUT its caused me problems...

As i have Keirrison, Bojan, Lewandowski (Frederico Nieto on free, Macauley Chrisantus on free and with potential to be a little better than kierrison) i feel i can sell my Champ star scorer ADRIANO from porto for a nice 3.1mill for the 30y/o <especially nice when i bought him for 450k as he is transfer listed at that at beginning of first season...a definate buy!

Hopefully that will give me enough for one of my sights... either Mascio who has moved to Empoli or Sofiane Feghouli=2.8mill and delayed do to low funds...Hurry up ADRIANO and get sold >>>accept that stoke offer!

Seems as though trying to get that for adriano is not good...on in 59th minute of friendly (admitantly lesser club peterborough) but he scored 2 in about 6mins and 8.1 rating and MOM hmmmm :( time for Lewandowski, bojan and keirrison to pull fingers out tbh) spose he has been at club for year also that might be a factor ...i hope

Saxonaitor, he'd be an amazing signing however chances are you won't be able to afford him. He's at Monaco on loan in my game (half way through season 1, can't say for certain if he starts there or went there during my game). he's worth 3.4 million and is on £5,250 a week

For some strange reason I have noticed (as many have commented on this thread) that if you go cap in hand and ask nicely Delia will give you a few extra million to spend however use it wisely. Don't end up like me. I got the money and then went to strengthen the area I needed to the most, attack. Brought in 3 new strikers but now I've no money, too much going out on wages and only 1 good left winger and no backup DL

forget other post deleted other proflie unemployed couldn't stand being seperated with Norwich! asked delia for some cash got a few million thinking about Fowler (at 33) Bogdan Stancu good qulaity striker 21 Steau Bucherest, Patricio Urrutia dm from ldu de quito, and Lee Ho dm from south korea. any suggestions? also what are there any buy out clauses for norwich loanees?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all just a quick post to the Opare, are you going to update the thread to the current patch or how does this sort of thing work!?

Im going to be starting a new Norwich save now because in my opinion- New Patch = New save...

Therefore i shall be slapping stuff up in here v.v.v.soon :):thup:

Well, new patch indeed means new game for me as well. My thoughts so far....

The Squad

The first thing I did was allow all of the loanees to return. Carney did not appear to have much use other than as a back up. Killen looks okay, but was on high wages. Gow looked good, but his best position was on the left - a position in which we already have Hoolahan. I let him leave to allow the wages to be reinvested. Bertrand has been significantly altered for the worse and I'm confident of being able to find better.

Cody is disappointing. I released him immediately. Cort, however, was considered a bit more extensively. I finally decided to shove him on the transfer list, deciding he did not offer anything that Kris Renton already offered for less. However, at £140,000 to release, I decided it's best to try and sell before releasing.

Other than that, I did what I usually do. Chadwick is still in the side despite his free transfer to MK Dons, and I sold him. Croft still isn't very well represented, and at £6k a week is not worth the chunk of wage. Rusty remains a saleable asset, and one I usually sell for around £1mil. I can get two-three players for that money. Cureton is another I sell, as at 33 I can still get £250k for him. Lappin is another who can be sold for well above value, and I'm in the process of selling for £350k.

The only player who is wanted who I won't sell is Drury. I like Drury and think he's a capable Championship left back. If I can't find a replacement, he'll do for me.

Targets

Alexey Smertin is still available and is always offered a deal by me. He's a class act. Jose-Karl Pierre-Fanfan is another defender who I've offered a deal too. He's clearly capable of producing the goods in the Championship. I've taken on trial former Fulham defender Phillipe Christianval who looks decent, but is not of the same level as Pierre-Fanfan. Paulo Sousa, a Portugese central midfielder is also on trial, but really only as back up in case the Smertin deal falls through. Again, Sousa is not in the same league as Smertin. Finally, ADO Den Haag have released a Dutch player called Samir El Moussaoui. He looks a tidy player.

Anyway, more in a bit... [:)]

Well, new patch indeed means new game for me as well. My thoughts so far....

The Squad

The first thing I did was allow all of the loanees to return. Carney did not appear to have much use other than as a back up. Killen looks okay, but was on high wages. Gow looked good, but his best position was on the left - a position in which we already have Hoolahan. I let him leave to allow the wages to be reinvested. Bertrand has been significantly altered for the worse and I'm confident of being able to find better.

Cody is disappointing. I released him immediately. Cort, however, was considered a bit more extensively. I finally decided to shove him on the transfer list, deciding he did not offer anything that Kris Renton already offered for less. However, at £140,000 to release, I decided it's best to try and sell before releasing.

Other than that, I did what I usually do. Chadwick is still in the side despite his free transfer to MK Dons, and I sold him. Croft still isn't very well represented, and at £6k a week is not worth the chunk of wage. Rusty remains a saleable asset, and one I usually sell for around £1mil. I can get two-three players for that money. Cureton is another I sell, as at 33 I can still get £250k for him. Lappin is another who can be sold for well above value, and I'm in the process of selling for £350k.

The only player who is wanted who I won't sell is Drury. I like Drury and think he's a capable Championship left back. If I can't find a replacement, he'll do for me.

Targets

Alexey Smertin is still available and is always offered a deal by me. He's a class act. Jose-Karl Pierre-Fanfan is another defender who I've offered a deal too. He's clearly capable of producing the goods in the Championship. I've taken on trial former Fulham defender Phillipe Christianval who looks decent, but is not of the same level as Pierre-Fanfan. Paulo Sousa, a Portugese central midfielder is also on trial, but really only as back up in case the Smertin deal falls through. Again, Sousa is not in the same league as Smertin. Finally, ADO Den Haag have released a Dutch player called Samir El Moussaoui. He looks a tidy player.

Anyway, more in a bit... [:)]

No-offence i have every reason to feel Cody is a disappointment and waste of time in general. I know it sounds bad and i should probably be waiting to see what happens with him but the fact we spent 35k on him is a bit of a joke, the fact he is on £1500 a week to is ridiculous and we gave him a £5k signing fee is also ridiculous, i think he also gets £150 for every game he plays. Okay he scored for the reserves in real life the other day but at the end of the day it was Grt. Yarmouth, he has also been injured due to the difference in training. Oh well we will see how he gets on but i think he's going to have a lot to prove and if he doesnt unfortunatly on Guns head be it.

Right back to reality (the game haha)

I have loaded the game saved it and come off of it, im not at the minute feeling passion to play (the thought of finding players gives me headaches) But now beginning on the below has caused me to load up the game and get on with it

I am thinking at the minute though of 2 or 3 players i am going to have a look at...

Matías Lequi < this guy was on a free at the beginning of the last path so fingers crossed he is again! Brilliant CB and could easily do job through into Premier in my own opinion.

Luciano Civelli < Available very cheaply, brilliant player, definatly worth a punt but completly out-do's Hoolahan by a long shot, he is a superb player and on previous patch was decent in premiership in second season...accomplished little boy and can play LB too very well!

OMG Civelli has actually been bought on the game by Ipswich...IN REAL LIFE...i used to buy him for 550k... awsome little player but at 1mil and just moved unlikely to get, bad times!

Ignacio Piatti < Now i had him on the general game (what i mean is without any patch). Him and civelli in the ML and MR with farrows worked wonders against other teams... on my .2 version i was unable to sign him as he went somewhere else where his value shot up very quickly...he is a definate replacement for croft/ chadwick (even though in real life cofty be awsome :D ) hes quick technical and has a decent final ball on him. He can dribble and also has decent passing as well as high determination...another i see as a definate purchase...if you can get him (price tag might spiral a little :S )

Alberto Cossentino Hes not one you will be able to get at the start but runs out of contract on 30/06/09. Now he is young and a fantastic centre back, definatly try and sign him up, he will give you amazing ratings at the back! I know his stats look nothing special but he really does develope!!!

Adriano (from porto) Now he is a beast, and being on the transfer list at 450k again worth the money! I had him in both .2 and general game lol. Scores bagfuls! i sold him in 2nd season for 3.1mil to stoke which i was happy with but his value kept shooting up do to his performances with them, not any spring chicken but just coming into his peak a definate for any championship side! Now do to having him 2 times im not sure if i will use him again but if i have funds left over you can :thup: on me getting him

seems adriano is no longer on transfer list for his usual 450k slightly disappointing

Il keep you posted on who i get etc i might have a look a Smertin and Alain Nef is not quick at all but can do a job very very well in the right back or centre of defence, you might decide against him because of his pace and accel but seriously think about him Very Very Very good i promise :)

Okay back to me

At the end of of August iv'e made some transfers not to many but a few

In

Jeremy De Visscher (RM) for 200k (looks good will be used as rotation for Bell)

Robbie Fowler (ST) FOR 80K from Blackburn (dosen't look up to much)

Daryl Murphy (ST) for 1.3 mil from Sunderland (looks like he could be quality for the side)

Binya (DM) for 190k from Free((i think)) (Looks really really good)

Lee Ho (DM) for 400k from Zenit St Petersburg (good DM but tiny bit less atributes than Binya)

Michael Morton (DR) for 90k from Orlando Pirates (LOOKS LIKE A STAR BUY HIM)

Sean St Ledger (DC) for 475k from Preston (good replacement for kennedy i think)

Mascio (MC) for 30k from Cisco Roma (is simply a star buy him)

Also got a RB as backup Chris Riley

Out

Simon Charlton for 600k to Wolves

Jon Otsemobor 180k to Scunthorpe

and 3 loanees

i play 4-4-2 Diamond

recent results

1-0(win) to QPR second round League Cup

1-0(win) to Crystal Palace

0-1(lose)to Watford

1-0(win)to Port Vale in league cup 1st Round

soz they are wrong way round! (the Results)

here are some screens!

norwichcity.th.png

Transfers

and

cocacolachampionship.th.png

The League

would appreciate comments

will keep in touch

• 2 weeks later...

badly heh. Alot of the players I bought in 9.2 to get me into the Premiership are no longer available (Graveson, Cowie from ICT, Lee Ho from Zenit) Oh did I mention I lost my save and had to start again?

Brought in-

P Christanval Free (solid defender)

Sergey Krivets (500k BATE)

Oumar Sissoko (loan Metz)

Antonin Rosa (400k Teplice)

Oscar De Marcos (40k Alvés)

Yamoudou Camara and Ador (both freebie backups)

Rodrigo Possebon (loan Man U, feeder club, get in)

Esmir Sabic (free. Bosnian young defender unattached)

James Brown (325k Hartlepool)

Alipio (R. Madrid 400k)

Alexander Tettey (650k Roseborg)

Sol,d Fotheringham, Drury, Chadwick and Pattison for 1.6m all in

Still believe I need a good striker though.....

infact scrub that thought.

Just beat Birmingham 4-2 away and Watford 2-1 in what can only be defined as a silky game of football with passes zipping left right and centre. Brown is looking the business, I wonder who else in League 1 could make the jump up....

I keep the loan signings because they're good to have about. Don't tend to play Carney as much because I brought my own players in but he can play on both wings which is good.

Bernard is still cracking on the left but that Czech boy I bought is keeping him out.

Played 16 in the League.I'm second, joint top with Reading. Scoring almost 2 a game but letting in a few as well (32 for 20 against). Suprised by my efforts considering I only really have 3 strikers (Cruerton, Gow and Brown)

Gow's leaving at end of the season to join Wolves and Killin is just awful.

just using the standard 4-4-2 attacking but pushing the mentality slider down to defensive somewhat. although I'm now experiencing the mid season slump. Dropped points to Swansea and Blackpool. My problem is strikers. Brown got injured and Cuerton just seemed to go MIA. My left back Rosa who's not only outstanding but has a somewhat nervous disposition is now attracting interest from the EPL which normally I can avoid but the presssure of the teams interested in him (Fulham and Crystal Palace FFS!) is getting to him.

Trying to get that Polish lad but I'm not hopeful tbh as I've only got 1.5m in the bank. My midfield is solid, I just can't seem to score. My centre half's are old too but they should hold out till the end of the season

End of the season i finished 17th, pretty poor but the press/fans/board love me for it. Was being called High-flying ;-)

Last seaosn i bought Lewandowski who basically saved me from relegation along with Wasilewski who i would recommended to anyone here, cost me 150k along with Kotysch for 450k.

Picked up a freebie to replace David Marshall who i sold to wigan for £3million - Ben foster is an excellent replacement and a better keeper ;-)

Also bought Giles Barnes for 160k and Charlie Adam for 350k. Loaned in Nordtveit Havard from Arsenal aswell as Emmanuel Sarki from chelsea and Rodrigo Possebon from Man utd.

I set out to purchase a new striker and couldn't get anyone decent until the final day due to everyone wanting too much wages or not getting permits, ended up paying 775k for Rui Miguel who scored on his debut against ipshit :)

went with a 4-4-2 this season, Knaps tactic was my shell but i've made slight changes to fit my players. Working so far as im 7th after 5 games.

Weeeee promotion. It was a slugging battle I must admit and near the end I didn't know if it was going to happen but thanks to a cracking win over Reading (who are just too strong in this patch, seriously they've got xxx points and xx plus goal difference) and Wolves stumbling to Forest I was able to clinch second place with a game to go (which was just as well since it was against Swansea who always seem to do me over)

Team Summary

(not sure how big the images will be so didn't link directly to them)

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8803/teamt.jpg

The team was solid apart from my slow central defence and my strikers. Ryan Bernard was great in both DL and ML positions but Rosa was always my first pick. My only problem was Rosa seemed to let the pressure get to him, and pretty much always had a minor worried to the effect but with a 7.08 avg he didn't do too bad.

My midfield was the strongest area I think and I'll be sad to see Rodrigo Possebon leave who was just brilliant and played in pretty much every game. No injuries, just a suspension. What a player. The only one better was his partner in the centre, Tettey. I bought him as a gamble to be honest, I Had Russell in place and could probably have used the money elsewhere, but his stats looked good so I thought I'd take the risk (I also thought about selling Russell but that never panned out)

What you don't see in the pic is the loan signings I sent home once the league was won – Killen, Gow and Carney. Killen was worse than a hole in the head but I kept him as backup. Gow was solid and I'm sad that he didn't want to stay with us (he signed a contract with Wolves back at the start of the season. Carney was just backup.

Now that I'm promoted I'm not that worried but to be honest I was petrified that teams would come in for my players (see the wnt icons) Krivets was wanted by a few teams earlier but thankfully they've went away. Rosa and Tettey are wanted by a lot of mid table EPL teams.

Tactics

In terms of tactics I never really changed from the 4-4-2 attacking I played at the start.

My 1st team on average.

GK Marshal

DL Rosa

DC Stefanovic

DC Christanval

DR Otsemobor

ML Hoolavan

MC Tettey

MC Rodrigo Possebon

MR Krivets

ST Lewandowski

ST Brown

Transfers

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/161/signings.jpg

Mosibe, Sabic, Alipio and De Marcos are all young and were bought for the future (although De Marcos played a bit in the end game of the league) Camara and Ador were bought as cover but Ador was useless, he'll be gone in the summer. Camara held his own

Moffat I got on a bosman but he dislocated his shoulder almost as soon as he arrived. Torres is a young keeper for the future. Dillon was bought because I was thinking of selling Otsemobor but didn't. Lewandowski and Macheda were brought in to try and help me score some goals. I tried as hard as I could to get a good defender in January but just couldn't, with the transfer system driving me mad (example. Player worth 750k, ask how much and they say they want 1.1m straight up, I offer 500k and 1m after promotion, they come back and say 1.1m straight up and 1m after promotion wtf??)

Future signings aren't that great, about 6 young french players that will hopefully turn a nice profit.

Actually pretty good considering

57% to my 43%

21 shots on target to my 5 (....)

7 on target to my 3

2 clear cut chances to my 0 (balls to be honest, it was a cracking goal)

5 corners to 1

7 offsides a piece

More interestingly they won 82% of their tackles whereas I won 92%. Which was down to my 2 amazing centre backs, Vorsah and Larsson who between them had 23 tackles and won 21 of them (incidently from my back 4 they had 36 tackles to make and won 34 of them)

2nd season in and i finish 6th, pretty good considering it took me half a season to figure out a tactic. I got Ipswich in the First round of play-offs and beat them 4-2 on agg.. awesome! :p

Then i got hull, 2-1 after ET through an own goal but i don't mind.. Premiership here i come!

3rd season in - Premier League. Had an excellent start and was top after 5 games, i even beat liverpool :D though i then recieved some bad fixtures.. Man utd, Arsenal and chelsea all away on a trot. Lost all 3.

I've bought in the following players - Edson (DC) on a free, Barusso and Sciacca both play CM/DM both excellent and i paid £10million for Tomas Necid who IMO has fantastic stats and only 21.. A must look!!!

• 2 weeks later...

well this new path 9.3 has made things a damn sight harder! have played 32 games in season two and am sitting second in championship. offloaded over half the squad for 4.3 million and have scoured the free agents and found some gems. got possebon (ex Man Utd) on a free, culianez from aneville was a great WB for me, hovland from sogndal was an awesome buy for under 50K, got a young defender from Roma - brosco for 20K, but my two greatest signings were ben foster from Man Utd for 900K and young brazilian sobis from some saudi arabian team for 2.5m. scored mancienne on loan, a young jack collison from west ham on loan, ryan bertand on loan, and during latest transfer window i've pulled a sneaky and got d'alessandro for 1.3m up front with follow up payment of 3.2m after 30 games (hopefully by then i will be in premiership!)

wolves are out in front (and by a wide margin - 83 points 25w/5d/2l vs norwich 60 points 16w/12d/4l). tight defence has been the key (letting in less than one goal a game) with 4-1-3-2 tactic. appiah acting as DM (managed to hold onto him after getting him for free last season). but have noticed that it's alot harder to attract top european players - i've tried to buy quite a few good players from south america but WP always rejected and i haven't bothered with linking to a feeder team in belgium or poland. which leads me to asking is there anyway you can get to a stage where you can ask to link to a particular team?

Hi

I'm currently exploiting a 9 year plan to try and get to the Uefa Cup with Norwich

I am coming up to the end of my 1st season as Norwich

all of the players that Norwich signed on loan this season, I got on loan in the data editor. Apart from that I sold Lappin and Russell.

I signed Windass, Rigogolioso,Jaidi and I can't remember my other signings because I am holidaying the game until the rest of the season so I need advice and what players to get.

Here are my targets:

Season 1: A\void Relegation(I am 19th)

Season 2: Finish Mid-table

Season 3: Make the Play-offs

Season 4: Try and get into the premier League

Season 5: If I do, Avoid Relagtion

Season 6: Avoid Relegation

Season 7: Mid-Table Finish

Season 8: Top 10 finish

Season 9: Uefa Cup Position

Hello everyone!

A few words on my recent game. I started over for the new patch, and pretty much decimated the squad as I usually do. Success stories of the new game (but commonly mentioned here so won't go into detail) were most definitely Stephen Appiah, Darren Gibson (on loan), Rickie Lambert, Neil Eardley, Shelton Martis and Ryan Bertrand.

Definitely not to be bought are Keith Gillespie, Kike from Valladolid, Mark Farren from Derry City, Craig Beattie or Dean Sinclair. Sinclair in particular, had the biggest hissy fit when I didn't play him. Ryan McGowan is another. It seemed like he was constantly away on international duty.

Three people you may not have heard/though of, though, to keep an eye on. First is Hamed Namouchi. Get this guy on your shortlists people. He's at Lorient, but quickly gets unhappy. I picked him up for £275k and he can play anywhere through the middle. I played him on both wings as required, and he scored a dozen goals in 16 games from those positions and really was an absolute steal. Can't recommend enough.

I also want to mention Richard Cresswell. Found languishing in Stoke's reserves, I picked him up in January for £180k. 15 goals in 22 games later, he's rocketed me from mid-table to the play offs. Great in the air, good on the ground and works his socks off. He also formed a very effective partnership with Rickie Lambert. Best of all, accepted a 1 year deal at £6k a week as I offered him Key Player status. Take a look for him in January - despite being 31, I think he can go a job for a year or two.

Finally, I wanted to particularly praise Shaun Barker from Blackpool. I managed to snare him from Sheffield Utd after they bought him from Blackpool. He cost me £250k, but cost Sheffield Utd £400k. However, he's been an absolute rock up back. Strong and scores his fair share from set pieces. I'd say he's got the ability to play in lower Prem sides, and can do you a job at right back and elsewhere at a pinch. He can also play as a keeper! But seriously, Barker is going to be the first name on my shortlists in future.

Also want to mention three other players who did very well, but played sporadically. Look them up for cheap squad options that won't let you down. First is right back David Barron. He cost me £90k from St Mirren and sold a year later for £600k to Rangers. Impressed me whenever used, but sadly had to compete with excellent Neil Eardley. Left back David Murphy from Cork City was a bit of a panic buy, but turned out okay for £65k from Cork City. Would recommend. Finally, on loan, Andy Carrol from Newcastle did everything I wanted him to and offered a good back up to Richard Cresswell. Scored some important goals.

Anyway, more on my efforts surviving in the Prem in just a sec.

• 3 weeks later...
well this new path 9.3 has made things a damn sight harder! have played 32 games in season two and am sitting second in championship. offloaded over half the squad for 4.3 million and have scoured the free agents and found some gems. got possebon (ex Man Utd) on a free, culianez from aneville was a great WB for me, hovland from sogndal was an awesome buy for under 50K, got a young defender from Roma - brosco for 20K, but my two greatest signings were ben foster from Man Utd for 900K and young brazilian sobis from some saudi arabian team for 2.5m. scored mancienne on loan, a young jack collison from west ham on loan, ryan bertand on loan, and during latest transfer window i've pulled a sneaky and got d'alessandro for 1.3m up front with follow up payment of 3.2m after 30 games (hopefully by then i will be in premiership!)

wolves are out in front (and by a wide margin - 83 points 25w/5d/2l vs norwich 60 points 16w/12d/4l). tight defence has been the key (letting in less than one goal a game) with 4-1-3-2 tactic. appiah acting as DM (managed to hold onto him after getting him for free last season). but have noticed that it's alot harder to attract top european players - i've tried to buy quite a few good players from south america but WP always rejected and i haven't bothered with linking to a feeder team in belgium or poland. which leads me to asking is there anyway you can get to a stage where you can ask to link to a particular team?

If you are at a club long enough (it happened to me after 4 seasons) when you ask for a feeder club it allows you to make a recommendation by searching for clubs and picking team (similar to picking for friendlies.) The team i chose I didn't get incedentally but still a neat addition to the game

After reading this thread I decided to park my Liverpool game and start as the Canaries; given what has happened to us recently though I slightly edited the game to start us in League 1 and lower the money available to the club.

Starting as I always do in Feb 09 (swedish league) I started unempolyed (as a former professional) and with Norwich a very disappointing 19th in League 1 Gunn was very soon sacked - maybe an Omen if the board go with sentiment in the choices they make in the next few weeks (I love Gunny but we need someone with experience to guide us back!) - and I was offered the job

Immediately sent Killen and Leijer back to their parent clubs but a lack of numbers and no transfer window encouraged me to keep Carney and Gow; Bertrand was a no-brainer to keep. Immediately switched to my prefered lower league direct 4-4-2 with Marshall, Otsemobor, Bertrand, Stefanovic and Doherty the back 5, Hoolahan, Crofty, Clingan (awesome at this level) and Rusty making up the midfield. A real derth of forwards has left me playing Cureton with Gow which hasn't been too bad.

The only real issue is the disharmony at the club; all the senior players feel the club is underachieving and most if not all are wanted by other clubs which probably suggests a busy summer ahead; I've blooded some of the youngsters (Kory, McDonald, Daley and Rudd have all faired well) which may prove to be the basis of the team next season - anyone seeing a parity with real life here?!?!

I've now played all bar 2 of the league fixtures, sit an unspectacular 16th and have started planning towards next season. Charlton and Southampton have been relegated from the championship along with Colchester (the team I swapped with Norwich) and I've just agreed to sign Lallana for a gem of a price 140k! If Hull come in for Rusty at 2m I'll be laughing; I am also trying to get Bertrand to sign as Chelsea will accept 170k while Gow is likely to sign on for Free (Rangers had him listed and accepted a cheeky bid) while Lita is stalling on a new contract with Reading, Shacks is on the list post Wolves' promotion to the prem, Hucks is sitting in the US with no games being played (MLS not loaded) and Jerome from Birmingham might join me for all of 200k!

I'm looking forward to seeing what my team looks like in August!

Has this happened to anyone??

I took over at City in Jan 2011 while they were languishing 21st in league 1. I played 26 games, won 13, drew 6 and lost 7 and finished with a goal diff of +14 for the 26 games, finishing in 11th place. Good result concidering! However, The recent board confidence said

"We are dissapointed with your management of the team"

"The biggest dissapointment is without doubt, the teams terrible performance in league 1"

Now, surely, I personally have done a good job in the 26 games i have been there so why are the board attacking me?

Ok, so now in pre-season 2011-12, this is my current squad. 9.0.2 by the way

GK S Taylor/ B Jenson

RB R De Laet/ Lauren

LB G Borrowdale M Williams

CB Rossi Jarvis/ M Rebosio

CB D Higginbotham/ P Wotton

RM R Garcia/ R France

LM M Evans (regen on loan from Spurs)/ M Gower

CM K Andrews/ L Bowyer

CM D Livermore/ D Lathrope

ST R Lambert/ R Earnshaw

ST R O'Donavon/ M Viduka

I've got 500k to spend. Just accepted a 500k bid from wolves for borrowdale so may have more to spend soon. looking for a defender, 1-2 midfielders and a proven scorer.

Which players can improve my squad? Not got this many seasons into a game yet and rarely play in league 1 so any help with players to get me back into championship would be greatly appreciated. Have Everton and Arsenal as parent teams but none of their players want to come on loan so no good there either!!

Returned to favourite club after a long game away!

Started very well im currently 5th after 11 games and playing well away aswell

I have signed

Peter Clarke - 150k (bargain),

Ruben Palazuelos exchange for carl cort!!! (yes carl cort) great midfielder good passer and tackling!

Razan Lawel - 300k swedish under 21 forward, scored few goals will get better!

Hopefully i can get some more funds for jan i just need to get fozzy and chadwick out of club for there wages

Champions - Hi Guys took me 9 seasons but I won the Premiership.

Heres how I did

08/09 Championship 19th

09/10 Championship 7th

10/11 Championship 5th (Won Playoffs)

11/12 Premiership 17th

12/13 Premiership 12th

13/14 Premiership 8th

14/15 Premiership 7th

15/16 Premiership 7th

16/17 Premiership 1st (Uefa Cup Finalist)

17/18 Premiership (currently 5th after 13 games

To be honest I got lucky winning the league as Newcastle had 5 games in 9 days, but I still got 86 points overall.

I would recomend scouting for young players, keep ur eye on them, and if u can buy them early while their cheap, £1m may seem a lot for a 16 yr old, but its how i built my team.

And I kept my team together by constantly offering new contracts, if somebody was sniffing round my best players i would offer a new contract which ends transfer speculation.

Archived