International Management

International Management  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played international Management on FM24

• Played International Management on FM24
    • Bought FM24 but have not played International Management Once

1 hour ago, grade said:

And when comes to the actual announcement of FM25, there will be people complaining about the removed features... Even when the game is going to be release, there will be someone complaining how the option to manage the national team isn't there.

However, that ain't an excuse for the SI team to completely cut off their interaction with these forums. There are mods in place to handle any kind of trolls or trolling moments some of us do suffer from time to time.

There can be a happy medium. They should be able to communicate, but all I'm saying is I can completely see why they don't when even clear comms get taken out of context by people who've already made up their mind. Sucks for anyone normal, but hey ho.

1 hour ago, jimbo22 said:

How many managers in world football manage both club and country?

It shouldnt be just "bare bones" being bare bones for so long is the reason it’s being removed now. It’s been a side of the game that SI refused to spend meaningful time on developing. In England, certainly for as long as I can remember over the years the England managers job was the pinnacle of the English game. 

Possibly none. But there will never be enough to fill the time that is going to be interesting for the majority of players. Do you know what international managers do in between matches and tournaments? They watch club games. That’s it. And matches can be months and months apart.

Fine if that interests you but it won’t be for the majority hence SI build international football in a way that supplements club management. 

Edited by DP

58 minutes ago, DP said:

Possibly none. But there will never be enough to fill the time that is going to be interesting for the majority of players. Do you know what international managers do in between matches and tournaments? They watch club games. That’s it. And matches can be months and months apart.

Fine if that interests you but it won’t be for the majority hence SI build international football in a way that supplements club management. 

I think this hits the nail on the head. International Management as a standalone mode in a traditional game of FM will always be inherently boring and will only ever work as a side gig to a club save. I am surprised they removed the option altogether for those saves though.

6 hours ago, DP said:

Its on SI to make the mode worth while playing. Its on them to bring ideas to the table to allow those who want to to mange just international sides, im sure there's been many people out there over the year who have done exactly that. What do they add? i dont know, I dont know what an international manager does, I dont know what happens between when they call the players up then play the games. Im sure, like they've done before they can ask people in those positions or people that were previously in those positions what is involved. 

FM claims to be a football simulation and being a club manager and international manager at the same time isnt a thing. 

Its coming back, improved (as we're told) so we will see in a couple of years what ideas SI have for it, they bring it back as it has been then they've failed. It needs to come back a much more fulfilling area of play.

In terms of them completely removing it, my guess which isnt back by anything is that they were working on that side of it and simply didnt have enough time to finish it and couldn't roll it back to a previous point where it was playable. Its the only reason for me that they just chopped that whole part off. 

I don't really have a lot to say about this other than that I'm a big proponent of international management, and I really hope that they do in fact improve it and that it's back in FM for their 2026 game in that improved state.

(I also only play 2D and likely will continue to even if 3D improves a lot.)

13 hours ago, jimbo22 said:

Its on SI to make the mode worth while playing. Its on them to bring ideas to the table to allow those who want to to mange just international sides, im sure there's been many people out there over the year who have done exactly that. What do they add? i dont know, I dont know what an international manager does, I dont know what happens between when they call the players up then play the games. Im sure, like they've done before they can ask people in those positions or people that were previously in those positions what is involved. 

FM claims to be a football simulation and being a club manager and international manager at the same time isnt a thing. 

Its coming back, improved (as we're told) so we will see in a couple of years what ideas SI have for it, they bring it back as it has been then they've failed. It needs to come back a much more fulfilling area of play.

In terms of them completely removing it, my guess which isnt back by anything is that they were working on that side of it and simply didnt have enough time to finish it and couldn't roll it back to a previous point where it was playable. Its the only reason for me that they just chopped that whole part off. 

It will be improved for sure - training, player dynamics, interaction and all things that can freshen it up.

But I can assure you - unless all the processing between games is sped up - it will still be designed as a mode alongside your club. You can’t add things that are not there. 

Edited by DP

22 minutes ago, DP said:

It will be improved for sure - training, player dynamics, interaction and all things that can freshen it up.

But I can assure you - unless all the processing between games is sped up - it will still be designed as a mode alongside your club. You can’t add things that are not there. 

Thats the thing though, you speak as though everyone has every minute of every day to play the game. There's so many ways for people to play the game. I cant play every game, I simply dont have the time its the reason I install the instant result button (one thing that boggles my mind that SI dont implement correctly). If I had to play every game i'd struggle to get through a season. Its another reason why I dont understand SI not developing a DoF role in the game, there's absolutely an audience out there for that side of it where hiring managers/staff, dealing with the scouting side and buying/negotiating with players. They've also seen that side of it when they were partners with Out of the Park Baseball many years ago.

International football can absolutely be a stand alone thing, it has been in the past for people at the level it was before in game. It just needs done right.

A better training model can be added, spending time with the players in your squad and developing that side of the game can be added. (which would also flow into the club side if people see the need). The training day to day side of the game has lacked (for those with the time and want to do that level of work) for a long time. 

44 minutes ago, jimbo22 said:

Thats the thing though, you speak as though everyone has every minute of every day to play the game. There's so many ways for people to play the game. I cant play every game, I simply dont have the time its the reason I install the instant result button (one thing that boggles my mind that SI dont implement correctly). If I had to play every game i'd struggle to get through a season. Its another reason why I dont understand SI not developing a DoF role in the game, there's absolutely an audience out there for that side of it where hiring managers/staff, dealing with the scouting side and buying/negotiating with players. They've also seen that side of it when they were partners with Out of the Park Baseball many years ago.

International football can absolutely be a stand alone thing, it has been in the past for people at the level it was before in game. It just needs done right.

A better training model can be added, spending time with the players in your squad and developing that side of the game can be added. (which would also flow into the club side if people see the need). The training day to day side of the game has lacked (for those with the time and want to do that level of work) for a long time. 

You’re misunderstanding the point. It’s not about playing every minute, there is too much time between matches with nothing to do. International managers are not training with their players outside of friendlies and tournaments. 

Why are you so absolutely intent on imagining that no-one could possibly get any enjoyment out of something just because you don't like it?  You've spent several posts now responding to people saying "ok, but I like it" with the same points like you're trying to tell them how wrong they are.  I liked the mode as it was, even if it could be improved, I had fun with it. You didn't.  That's fine.

International Management is one of these things i played at some time in the past but it was never well integrated or developed and i stopped doing so.

It is not as bad as second teams in germany but almost as bad!

Will i ever play it again?

If it does not get improved i seen no fun in doing so!

17 hours ago, forameuss said:

Why are you so absolutely intent on imagining that no-one could possibly get any enjoyment out of something just because you don't like it?  You've spent several posts now responding to people saying "ok, but I like it" with the same points like you're trying to tell them how wrong they are.  I liked the mode as it was, even if it could be improved, I had fun with it. You didn't.  That's fine.

Who are you responding to? I liked the mode too - played it often in the spirit of how it was meant to be played, alongside a club team. I don’t suspect that will change in FM26, is my point. 

Edited by DP