Super League to replace continental football - using secondary division?

keon

Hi all,

I was looking to potentially create a worldwide Super League to replace continental football across the globe. It will have promotion/relegation up to 5 tiers.

What I also want is to run every nation's current domestic league/pyramid concurrently also, but, the results of the these competitions worldwide impact who gets 'promoted' to the bottom tier of the Super League.

I can't create this Super League as a continental tournament as it updates yearly. It has to essentially be created as a league system within a nation I believe.

Now, Brazil has the national and local league and uses the secondary division functionality which is maybe what I can use. But, I fear that I cannot replicate most countries league pyramid within the secondary division functionality... In England for example, I want to go down to tier 10 with promotion/relegation working as standard. I also think I would have to make every club that I want to potentially participate in this Super League to be assigned to one nation.

I don't really think it's possible to create what I want but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this/any ideas to look into?

Thanks!

You can create it as a continental tournament. You can do those that update yearly with promotion/relegation, it's definitely possible. I've done it. Basically just copy how the Nations League handles promotion/relegation.

It's possible either way. Just a question of which pros/cons you want.

Continental competition pros = nation flags appear next to clubs, shown under continent/world competitions rather than an individual nation (alternatively you can make it show up under every single involved nation instead of the continent/world tabs), will run regardless of which leagues you have running.
Continental competition cons = won't count on a players career history page as it only shows league stats, takes a bit more work to get promotion/relegation setup (it's entirely manual, no automatic processes helping you).

Secondary league pros = easier to set up, will count as league matches for player stats.
Secondary league cons = requires the country that's hosting to be running, won't show country flags, getting awards to work properly can be a pain (tendency to make only clubs/players in the country the league is set in eligible to win them), will only show up under the competitions section for 1 specific nation.

If you're doing it via the secondary league method I'd highly recommend making the super league the secondary league, NOT domestic leagues. That will make it a million times easier for you. No need to make every team have the same nation, or setup ludicrously complicated secondary divisions for every single nations on earth and having a stupidly long competitions list etc.

Thanks Rusty.

I've actually made it a continental tournament and created the promotion/relegation manually, need to do more testing but so far, working as expected and much more flexibility! You mention about the continent/world tabs, I've created the tournament in Europe but noticed that clubs outside of Europe don't show the games in their fixture list, is there a way to change it to be intercontinental and show 'world' easily? It's not a major issue but something I've noticed.

I think the secondary league route might have been too much of a pain based on what was involved.

Thanks!