SI Thank you for destroying my long save with bs negative transfer policies!

250+ mil on the bank, 70+ mil transfer budget, now -55mil.
And I can only accept this bs club vision, no option to cancel it.
I quit my save today.

How did you come up with this bs? Like Developer 1 says: I really can't get the squad building AI working to make the game more challenging, all transfers remain garbage.
Developer 2 says: I have a great idea how we can make it more challenging, what about removing all the transfer money, or even put them in debt!
Yeah that's a great idea, let's to that.
Incompetent choices.

What does this have to do with squad building? I mean, I highly doubt that anyone at SI takes enjoyment in ruining anyone's save, so if you think the money has been removed for no reason you should log it as a bug to be checked. If not, wouldn't it be better to try to understand why it has happened? Did you have to repay installments/loans? It sounds more like an issue of poor financial management to me.

On 18/09/2024 at 15:10, Defensive said:

Sounds like a great feature- the game is finally challenging and you have do deal with financial problems and concepts of the club. Fantastic!

At this point i would start to enjoy that save and fight.

Nah I think it's a bit cheap. I read it's a new feature introduced in FM24, called negative transfer budget club vision. But it's a bit dumb if you are 100x more rich than in the past.
But the biggest problem I have with my current long save is that I can't rejoin the International Team I want to manage. I had that job early in the save and got fired (totally unrealistic because I won the WC with NL) but ok, a bad tournament and I was out. No problem.
But the bug is that after that, you can never ever rejoin. They will always pick other irrelevant coaches that have won nothing.
I'm about 20 years further now lol and recently the job advert was open again, I applied but no success. Winning CL after CL doesn't matter one bit. This is simply locked.

Now I sometimes read that people say, well you can use the in game Editor to fix this.
Why would you need an in game editor to fix bugs. SI should have fixed this in a patch.

Well FM25 doesn't even have the ability to manage an international team and I bet a lot of other stuff will be missing. Gonna skip it.

It sounds like you are just spending cash willy nilly with no consequence on the clubs financial situation.

Personally, I have not come across this in any of my saves as I keep an eye on the financial side as well as building a squad to compete.

As for the international management, sounds like its too much of a risk to hire you due to various reasons, one of which could be the financial side.

To me, it is realistic and not bugged.

Don't like it, go play the other management game.

It is somewhat frustrating to remain within the budgets you've been set by your board and then have them taken away due to their own mismanagement. I also think some of the reactions here are a bit harsh- it is afterall Football Manager and not a CFO simulation and I don't imagine managers IRL (especially at larger clubs) are diving into the minutiae of clubs financial statements to check if they can actually spend the wage budget/transfer budget their board have given them. However I do think this sort of thing happens IRL too- boards set overly ambitious budgets and it bites them in the arse and thus should be reflected in the game,

Saying that, I do think it should be a bigger deal when it happens in the game- right now you just get a message saying 'due to the clubs financial position the wage budget/transfer budget/transfer fee retained has been reduced to.' I'd suggest there should be more of a warning this might happen, ie the board saying 'we're losing too much money right now, is there anyone we can sell so we don't have to slash budgets?' or something similar.

As a manager I think I should be able to push back on this, maybe try and negotiate something or even give an ultimatum. In my most current save I had this happen with Bolton and it changed the course of my career- I actively went and applied for other jobs when it happened and ended up leaving. It would be great if that played a part in the game, having media ask you questions about it or having the fans of your previous club get angry at the board for their financial mismanagement causing them to lose a popular manager. 

• Administrators

Hi, if you have the Club Vision 'Negative Transfer Budget Business Model' then this is intended behaviour with that club vision.

If your club continues to performs well enough financially for a few years then the negative budget club vision will eventually be removed.

Were you in debt? Can you show us finance tab

On 17.09.2024 at 23:18, f0rwardz said:

250+ mil on the bank, 70+ mil transfer budget, now -55mil.
And I can only accept this bs club vision, no option to cancel it.
I quit my save today.

How did you come up with this bs? Like Developer 1 says: I really can't get the squad building AI working to make the game more challenging, all transfers remain garbage.
Developer 2 says: I have a great idea how we can make it more challenging, what about removing all the transfer money, or even put them in debt!
Yeah that's a great idea, let's to that.
Incompetent choices.