Kompany Tactics 24/25 with Bayern

Hi all,

I posted the other day asking about Amorim's tactics. However, I'm also quite curious about Kompany's tactics at Bayern as well. I have seen Bayern fans posting about how the football under Kompany is far more entertaining than that under Tuchel. What does his tactics look like? I'd love to implement them into FM.

Kompany plays so far, at least in my observations, different tactics depending on the opponent.

Yesterday, it was a classical 4-2-3-1. Guerriero and Davies were playing as wingbacks, and Upamecano was somewhat of a BPD while Kim quickly gave the ball away. I don't know if Upamecano's passing could be categorised as a BPD. Kimmich & Pavlovic were playing the double-pivot, whereas Pavlovic had a slightly more offensive part, IMHO, with more presence at the Box. Musiala, I would say, was something of an Advanced Playmaker or Enganche/Trequartista. His role is to bring the other offensive into play with a critical pass, generate space with dribblings, and try to score. The wings in this match were something of an IW/IF style, with both having their strong foot inverted to the side they play. And Kane is doing what Kane is always doing; dunno what role would fit best to FM, but he comes deep quite often (maybe DLF?).

This was a bit different against Kiel in the Bundesliga, having Coman as AML also in an IW role, but Gnabry on the right is giving more width. And things were completely different when you look at what he did against Freiburg. Kimmich was nominal the D(R) but played something of an IFB/IWB, vacating this area into the DM, while Guerriero stayed as the FB D(L). Gnabry then had to play the whole right flank, taking care of giving width but also having defensive duties, which Tel didn't had to do on the left side playing the IF there.