Taking the knee in FM

I think this i.e. taking the knee, should be in the game, in the context and places where it occurs IRL, in different leagues and the international scene.

FM is a simulation of football and should also fully embrace its culture. I think on the whole SI do a good job with this here and they have good values, but this is something that is missing.

I'm sure we're all aware of some of the mysogynistic and other nonsense on some threads recently, this is exactly why these and other things that support diversity, inclusivity and equality, SHOULD be in the game.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

LR

Edited by Lord Rowell

9 hours ago, Lord Rowell said:

I think this i.e. taking the knee, should be in the game, in the context and places where it occurs IRL, in different leagues and the international scene.

FM is a simulation of football and should also fully embrace its culture. I think on the whole SI do a good job with this here and they have good values, but this is something that is missing.

I'm sure we're all aware of some of the mysogynistic and other nonsense on some threads recently, this is exactly why these and other things that support diversity, inclusivity and equality, SHOULD be in the game.

LR

If i remember correct this is in for Champions league.

Whether or not it's else where aswell i can't remember

On 21/09/2024 at 11:44, Lord Rowell said:

LR

FM is also just a computer game for you to enjoy managing your favourite team on a fun level so personally it doesn't need all this new modern sayings like diversity,  inclusivity and equality just because it might upset someone. It's not been in the last god knows how many versions if Football Manager so why start now. I've been playing football sims since football manager on the spectrum and the amiga and then onto championship manager and now football manager on the pc and believe me when I say if they insist on not upsetting the minority and start these new things then I'm signing off from sigames and football manager. Sorry if that upsets you or anybody but I like many others just want something to take our minds off everyday living.

I don't see the harm in this.

It doesn't (and shouldn't) happen before every match, but it would be a realistic addition for certain competitions and occasions (e.g. the first day of the Premier League season). And given SI's track record on anti-discrimination campaigns, it wouldn't surprise me if this was something they have already considered.

9 hours ago, sanx said:

I speak for everyone that we dont want it

You can only speak for yourself - not for anyone else.

5 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It doesn't (and shouldn't) happen before every match, but it would be a realistic addition for certain competitions and occasions (e.g. the first day of the Premier League season). And given SI's track record on anti-discrimination campaigns, it wouldn't surprise me if this was something they have already considered.

Thing is it's still only a computer game and not real life so everything doesn't need to be exact as real life besides at what point do you stop forcing things like this on people who don't necessarily agree with it in computer games. I'm just guessing but I'd assume football manager players would sooner more effort put into a more realistic management game than the side show taking the knee does and by that I mean why make a programmers job a bit more harder than it needs to be.

3 minutes ago, bezzy1970 said:

Thing is it's still only a computer game and not real life so everything doesn't need to be exact as real life besides at what point do you stop forcing things like this on people who don't necessarily agree with it in computer games. I'm just guessing but I'd assume football manager players would sooner more effort put into a more realistic management game than the side show taking the knee does and by that I mean why make a programmers job a bit more harder than it needs to be.

Even if you don't agree with taking the knee, why would it bother you to have it in the game? Why does that upset you so much?

As for the job of programmers / coders - it would be the simplest of motion captures and very easy to implement.

7 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Even if you don't agree with taking the knee, why would it bother you to have it in the game? Why does that upset you so much?

As for the job of programmers / coders - it would be the simplest of motion captures and very easy to implement.

Personally I don't agree with it because I'm old school and Football is a sport and not a message board for people's beliefs. All I'm saying is why make the GAME more complicated than it needs to be and again FM has been out years and yet nothing like this has been done to this scale before only the thing about racism but apologies I can't remember what it was actually called. 

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

its too late i have already spoken for everyone. 

1 hour ago, bezzy1970 said:

Personally I don't agree with it because I'm old school and Football is a sport and not a message board for people's beliefs. All I'm saying is why make the GAME more complicated than it needs to be and again FM has been out years and yet nothing like this has been done to this scale before only the thing about racism but apologies I can't remember what it was actually called. 

Why is it making the game complicated by showing something that is routine in football? Routine as in start of the season, and other key dates e.g. I think the boxing day / new years day fixtures have taking the knee.

Just an afterthought on this.

a. I would like SI to do this but...

b. I am wondering, given that if it was in the game, given that some individual footballers may choose not to take the knee IRL, this could be tricky to account for.

So as with all feature requests I'd obviously like to hear SI's view, but I wonder if my point b. is a genuine complication for them?

Well the game is running late as it is already but @Lord Rowellas you say the difficult thing about it is you need to ask all the players if they take the knee then some way get it right in the game and thats where I meant the complications come in so again in my view don't muck about with it. But in my personnal view is people are free to do what they want because it doesn't effect me in my life but again its just a game so just leave it at that.