[FM24] Serbia Takeover - FK Metalac

thegibshow

Hello everyone, 

My name is Andrew. I used to stream and make YouTube content for FM, but recently I've moved back to 'offline' saves as my job didn't mesh well with content creation.

This is my first ever save to post on the SI Forum. I usually just post on my twitter feed, but Elon has killed that site, so wanted to try something new. 

After completing a few saves already, I took to Surprise Shirts to provide me with one last save idea for FM24. I asked for something second tier and not in England or France. 

And they delivered!

Time to go and dominate Serbia 🇷🇸🇷🇸🇷🇸

THE GOAL

Since the Serbian SuperLiga started in 1992, no existing club outside of Crvena Zvezda or Partizan Belgrade has lifted the league title. This has to change. 'Red Star' are currently the strongest side, winning the last eight titles and ten since the 2013/14 campaign.

With FK Metalac, I will be hoping to guide them into the top flight and eventually take down the two giants. 

I have set myself 10 AIMS to accomplish during this save. These are the benchmarks we will be trying to hit.

No. 1 - Promotion to Serbia Top Flight

No. 2 - Become a Professional club

No. 3 - Qualify for European football

No. 4 - Qualify for the Champions League

No.5 - Have the club reach a 3-star reputation.

No.6 - Win the Serbian SuperLiga

No. 7 - European Progression. Since Red Star won the European Cup in 1991, no Serbian club has made it beyond the group/league phase.

No. 8 - Help the Serbian league make the top 10 in the European Coefficients

No. 9 - Win 5 titles

No. 10 - Win 10 titles - Time permitting 

Along the way, there are a number of other objectives I will hope to achieve in order to both challenge myself and bring success to the club.

• Improve facilities - try to make everything 'superb'
  • Promote youth players within squad - using the youth intake and signing young Serbians
  • Move to a Youth to Gold recruitment focus - Signing players 19 & Under
  • Sign Free agents for experience
  • Make 250m profit
  • Make 500m profit

How I Play

I don't use Player Search to find players, I find this unrealistic. You can't find a database which just shows fast players etc. I rely on my Scouts and Recruitment focuses. I will perhaps tell them to scout the Brazilian youth teams etc, but all my signings come through the Scouting Centre.

I don't hang on to players. Once bids come in, I usually reject offers and then when the players complain, we agree a price and they can leave. 

I make a shortlist for the NXGN players and this will be utilised heavily. 

Updates

I plan to provide updates every few months. There will be an intro post for the club. The history and the current situation. Then a post pre the start of the season. Then it will probably be three updates a season. One for the start of the campaign, one around January/Feb - then one at the end of the season.

If something HUGE happens and there's reason to jump in, there will definitely be more updates. 

I hope you guys enjoy.