Ridiculous board dissatisfaction.

One month after their takeover, and before a competitive match has been played, the board have declared that their requirement has failed. This is a club with excellent youth facilities, and exceptional academy recruitment and coaching. A number of youth products are in the first team squad.

But here we are. Sorry guys, but this is silly.

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 13.45.03.png

You're right. I remain in place. And since it doesn't seem to make any difference, you're right who cares? I suppose I care, because I want the game to mean something, rather than being excuses to push buttons, which it seems to be a lot of the time.

Maybe you should open a thread in the support with that situation. If you still have your save game file in the season where that situations happened they can check and figure what's wrong

My response was a bit short, so apologies for that.

As a general rule, if you're doing well in the League and meeting expectations in other competitions, you don't need to worry about those Board Targets. The board'll be all "We're really disappointed" but the overall report card will be fine.

The issue you've run into is an odd one. And probably has something to do with random dates in the background you have no control over.

Overall, I do think that board expectations and goals are improving over time. At a glacial pace, maybe, but in FM08, I remember taking over a bankrupt Barcelona in the 3rd-tier of Spain and the board expecting European qualification. So this is at least better than that!

Current farcical situation:

In 2030 and for the first time in my FM career, my team won all the domestic competitions and the CL.  The board are ecstatic with the success, the club is now very rich and I am running wages at about 50% of the budget.

Year-end board rating was B+.  The reason given was that they were "devastated" (their words, not mine) that I did not spend all the transfer budget!  So I hit all the footballing targets, saved the club lots of money and increased the finances substantially and they are devastated? This is matched only by the fans being very upset with every player sale I make, regardless of the fact that I am making huge profits on player sales without affecting performance.

3 hours ago, Overmars said:

I like leaving a board like this out of spite and beating them with a new club. It adds to the motivation in a save when I can push back against ridiculous board behaviour.

How petty. I love it :lol:

9 hours ago, Overmars said:

I like leaving a board like this out of spite and beating them with a new club. It adds to the motivation in a save when I can push back against ridiculous board behaviour.

But whats the garantuee that the new board wont have a change of heart and starts asking equally silly things?

Likewise, still annoyed that a bug/issue I raised last edition (where you cant ask for an improvement in youth facilities because the board doesnt value youth development high enough) still is in.

And frankly, the answer to these issues shouldnt be "just move to another club". Some of us actually pick certain clubs for a reason

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you know that you didn't fail?

It says the best in the PD and country so maybe someone else's is better than yours?

On 22/09/2024 at 13:50, scass said:

One month after their takeover, and before a competitive match has been played, the board have declared that their requirement has failed. This is a club with excellent youth facilities, and exceptional academy recruitment and coaching. A number of youth products are in the first team squad.

7 hours ago, Uncle Adi said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you know that you didn't fail?

It says the best in the PD and country so maybe someone else's is better than yours?

After a month? Before a competitive ball has been kicked in a season? 

On 22/09/2024 at 13:50, scass said:

could it be a case of these being the targets you agreed to when you took the job and they had set dates to achieve. regardless of the board changing the targets remained the same and you didnt hit them on the due dates

On 23/09/2024 at 14:26, turnip said:

At a glacial pace, maybe, but in FM08, I remember taking over a bankrupt Barcelona in the 3rd-tier of Spain and the board expecting European qualification

Should have won the copa del rey then! Should be a breeze.

On 25/09/2024 at 08:49, Staf9 said:

could it be a case of these being the targets you agreed to when you took the job and they had set dates to achieve. regardless of the board changing the targets remained the same and you didnt hit them on the due dates

Interesting point. I think it was by the end-of next season, but you could be right - I might have been careless. Then again, not sure why there'd be such an unattainable target.

On 24/09/2024 at 07:18, FrazT said:

Current farcical situation:

In 2030 and for the first time in my FM career, my team won all the domestic competitions and the CL.  The board are ecstatic with the success, the club is now very rich and I am running wages at about 50% of the budget.

Year-end board rating was B+.  The reason given was that they were "devastated" (their words, not mine) that I did not spend all the transfer budget!  So I hit all the footballing targets, saved the club lots of money and increased the finances substantially and they are devastated? This is matched only by the fans being very upset with every player sale I make, regardless of the fact that I am making huge profits on player sales without affecting performance.

Once beat Sheffield Wednesday away as Barnsley 7-0.

The kind of you'd never have to buy a pint in Barnsley ever situation.

The fans gave the match an F rating as they were devastated I'd rested my right-back, who wasn't even first choice anyway!

It was at this point I gave up ever checking these screens.