Does this guy have a place on my team?

This guy has really promising potential and his stats are already pretty high, however they are not well suited to each other and i can't find a place in my system for him. I play a high tempo wing based game where the wing backs play a crucial role. His best role would be IWB(D) but there's no way I'm modifying my system that much to fit him. Should I send him on loan one more time to see if his crossing and dribbling improve or just sell him? What would you do?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2024-09-26 132554.png

He's a good player.

Physically good, good all round mental stats. Defensive / transition attributes are good for a midfielder.

Finishing / dribbling / long shots are all low so I'd use him deep rather than high as I don't think he can do damage to other teams in the final 3rd.

Technique and first touch are so-so but he has room / stars to improve, so I'd focus his training on ball control.
Depending on your formation / shape, I'd use him either as a CM (DLP or D) or train him in the DM strata. BWM is also an option.

Edited by Lord Rowell
changed long "shorts" to "shots"!

10 minutes ago, Kickballz said:

He is quality.

He has loads of potential so get him in your team.

I can see he has potential the problem is i cant fit him on my system. his attributes are all over the place he is not suited for a specific position

37 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

What is your system i.e. just your basic shape / formation?

It's a 4-2-3-1 CM AM that focuses on play from the wings. I use a dlp and a bwm in midfield and I decided that i will use him as a CM on defend probably as a backup

1 minute ago, ROUFIANOS said:

It's a 4-2-3-1 CM AM that focuses on play from the wings. I use a dlp and a bwm in midfield and I decided that i will use him as a CM on defend probably as a backup

I don't think he has the aggression to be a BWM but maybe the playmaker. Hardly elite in that role and it seems a bit of a waste

1 minute ago, Gangor said:

If you're going to keep him at wingback you might try the PPM "Knocks ball past opponent" to make up for the lack of dribbling 

I already have 2 very good attacking wing backs that fit into my team better so i will probably use him as a backup CM on defend

Just now, Gangor said:

I don't think he has the aggression to be a BWM but maybe the playmaker. Hardly elite in that role and it seems a bit of a waste

That's why I said CM on defend and not BWM. its a more light role and could probably make it work

DLP, for sure. Good Passing/Vision and excellent Decisions. Work on Ball Control, as his First Touch isn't great yet and a bit of Dribbling never hurt anyone, then see about training him with a couple of traits to support his play-making. 

I'm all about promoting youngsters, so I'd give him at least a place in the squad next season, possibly make him the starter depending on how good my current DLP is. 

Rogue option is to get him to train as a Libero (S) and work on his Heading/Bravery; that way he'll develop as a playmaker and you'll also end up with a good centre-back. Plus, every team is better with a Libero - they're awesome!

8 hours ago, turnip said:

DLP, for sure. Good Passing/Vision and excellent Decisions. Work on Ball Control, as his First Touch isn't great yet and a bit of Dribbling never hurt anyone, then see about training him with a couple of traits to support his play-making. 

I'm all about promoting youngsters, so I'd give him at least a place in the squad next season, possibly make him the starter depending on how good my current DLP is. 

Rogue option is to get him to train as a Libero (S) and work on his Heading/Bravery; that way he'll develop as a playmaker and you'll also end up with a good centre-back. Plus, every team is better with a Libero - they're awesome!

He is never gonna be anywhere near world class as a DLP. 10 teamwork and his technicals are meh. + My starting DLP is a fully developed Javi Guerra with another newgen wonderkid as a backup so can't use him there anyway