Feasibility of "This Island Earth"

podunkboy

So, while I SHOULD be concentrating on work, I came up with a world database idea...stop me now if it's not feasible or outside my likely abilities.

Basically, an Earth with no continents, only islands. Any non-continental-land-mass nation exists and is active and generates players, the rest are inactive. So, for instance, African nations don't exist except for Cape Verde, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles, and Sao Tome and Principe. North America: only the Caribbean nations, South America...oops.

Set up a Island World Cup, Island Champions League, etc. 

Big elephant in the room would be Great Britain, even if you break Scotland, Wales and the Irelands into separate countries, they'd obviously overwhelm most island countries, but I'd hate to eliminate them, maybe just reduce the number of leagues or nuke their reputation considerably, or wipe out all their players and let the game newgen new rosters? 

Is this potentially possible, am I being rational, or should I just purge my mind of such folly?

It's possible. You can pretty remove every country if needed. I mean, I rebuild Soviet Union and needed to remove 14 countries for that.

You will have to delete a lot though....

59 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

It's possible. You can pretty remove every country if needed. I mean, I rebuild Soviet Union and needed to remove 14 countries for that.

You will have to delete a lot though....

I mean, I'm not sure I'm going to bother with FM 25, so I'll have another year on FM 24 to mess around in the editor. 

18 hours ago, podunkboy said:

I mean, I'm not sure I'm going to bother with FM 25, so I'll have another year on FM 24 to mess around in the editor. 

Just one advice then. If you decide to start deleting data.

• Make a separate file for players (there are 600K of them) and delete per nation. If needed use one file per bunch of nations (Italy will be one file, there about 60K of Italians in the database)
  • Make sure whenever you delete largest amounts of data, to NOT save. You will thank me later.
  • If you want to delete nations, you can do so by removing the continent, but.... important warning, nations cannot be deleted without removing them from their respective international competitions.
  • So....., remove or rebuild international competitions first*

* With regard to deleting nations. What you can do, and what I have done for previous large projects is deleting all international competitions. Saved that into a separate "delete" file. After that, whenever I would rebuild a competition (in another file), I would undo the delete of the competition in the delete-file. Works quite handy.