Question - FM25 Mobile is “returning exclusively to Netflix” ?

Hi @Marc Vaughan and the team,

It eems that SI have already announced (on the websites front page) that FMM25 will be ‘returning exclusively to Netflix’ …

… while the FMM25 roadmap update isn’t released yet - is this ‘Netflix exclusivity’ something SI are allowed to comment on / confirm now?

IMG_0598.jpeg.9ca965c94433982ae7b44a744ddedc2a.jpeg

Also - as some advice for your comms team / person - in the FMM25 roadmap focus, can they also share with us:

(1) for the save game comparability (a huge improvement!) - which FMM versions can be played on, e.g. only from FMM24?

(2) the main website stated a ‘record-breaking debut campaign’ for FMM25, which we’d expect in terms of downloads (as was free for Netflix users), but would be good to see more of this was really record breaking in terms of players who actually continued playing the game.

IMG_0597.jpeg.7e53cab7cfe31000b1a22c3765008814.jpeg

IMG_0596.jpeg.169d5195d0054095ab7d14eed48b3216.jpeg

Thanks,
DanEnglish
(unfortunately still playing FMM23, as don’t have & don’t want Netflix)

Edited by Daniel.M

• Daniel.M changed the title to Question - FM25 Mobile is “returning exclusively to Netflix” ?

Not sure I get the inherent netflix-phobia. I wasn't sure about the decision, but was due to jump streamers anyway so did so. Nearly a year on I still haven't watched everything I put on my watch list, though admittedly I had a 3mth break. The with ads plan is a fiver a month, with an ad level that verges on the non-existent, so less than the price of a pint in most of the country.

That's not to say there weren't issues - SI and Netflix need to work on save migration, the easiest solution to which would be for the provider to store game progress as with most games, so you are not hoping that an import between devices works (one perusal through the threads will tell you that this is more miss than hit for Android in particular), though they did at leadt rectify the lost saves issue that plagued the game early on.

The bigger issue with FMM25 is the utter lack of information regarding the mobile offshoot. FM25 threads are bemoaning their lack of information, yet they've had an utter cornucopia of information compared to the mobile version, even the console / touch versions have at least had some basic info. Literally the only thing we know about mobile is that it won't be part of the new engine migration.

Edited by G81

A lot of bugs on FM24 Mobile are only because of the Netflix infection, those bugs have never occurred in any previous years' mobile versions

If SI are persisting on infecting FM Mobile with Netflix, at least put FM Mobile 23 back on the iOS/Google stores

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, G81 said:

The bigger issue with FMM25 is the utter lack of information regarding the mobile offshoot. FM25 threads are bemoaning their lack of information, yet they've had an utter cornucopia of information compared to the mobile version, even the console / touch versions have at least had some basic info. Literally the only thing we know about mobile is that it won't be part of the new engine migration.

We don't normally release feature information for the mobile game anywhere near as early as the studios other titles, so this isn't something new really.

With regards to the original comment - yes, FMM will be backward compatible with last years game so you can simply continue your save in the next game and all the new features etc. will auto-magically be enabled within it :)

18 hours ago, julystork said:

A lot of bugs on FM24 Mobile are only because of the Netflix infection, those bugs have never occurred in any previous years' mobile versions

If SI are persisting on infecting FM Mobile with Netflix, at least put FM Mobile 23 back on the iOS/Google stores

Hilarious nonsense.

21 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We don't normally release feature information for the mobile game anywhere near as early as the studios other titles, so this isn't something new really.

With regards to the original comment - yes, FMM will be backward compatible with last years game so you can simply continue your save in the next game and all the new features etc. will auto-magically be enabled within it :)

Thank you for sharing this, given me the impetus to reboot my save

On 01/10/2024 at 15:35, Marc Vaughan said:

Hi Marc (or anyone else), do you know what happens to FMM24 once FMM25 is released? Do we automatically lose the FMM24 game on our devices? As in the only option is to play FMM25 (whether that's a continued FMM24 game or a new FMM25 game)? I'm asking because I've always enjoyed going back to older games, but I've noticed that no-one's been able to answer this question yet - so was wondering if we knew anymore about this yet?

And with us being able to continue our FMM24 careers into FMM25, do you effectively get another 30 seasons? As in, say you were 25 seasons in a save in FMM24, and you continue that on FMM25, does that mean you get another 30 seasons (totalling 55 across the two), or does it mean you'd only have another 5 seasons to play? Thanks!

Edited by WoodyCAFC

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, WoodyCAFC said:

And with us being able to continue our FMM24 careers into FMM25, do you effectively get another 30 seasons? As in, say you were 25 seasons in a save in FMM24, and you continue that on FMM25, does that mean you get another 30 seasons (totalling 55 across the two), or does it mean you'd only have another 5 seasons to play? Thanks!

If you started a career in FMM24 and continued in FMM25 then you would still be restricted to 30 seasons of play. This is simply because that is a restriction within the data structures that comprise the game itself rather than something that can be easily extended (I do hope to remove it eventually, but its not a simple thing to do in a game which has already evolved for many years).

I signed up for Netflix just so I can play the 24 version, I previously bought older versions. This year's game I basically have barely played, I started a career as O Elvas in the Portuguese Championship Group D as I always start out at the bottom, less pressure and all, I started that career many months ago and have only played one game. I play Football Chairman 2 a lot. The problem with the Netflix thing, I don't watch a single thing on Netflix, I ain't a fan of streaming as it's mostly garbage, there is though a doc on there at the moment about Vince McMahon which I've been watching, so I'm paying £4.99 a month to play FMM24, that works out to £59.88 a year just to play a mobile game, so essentially I'm paying £59.88 to play a game which usually would only cost just under £10, that's crazy really, I'm someone who can't work due to illness, so every penny counts when you don't have a job, and £59.88 ain't small change, it's a lot of money when your out of work. I know I barely play the game but I do plan on playing it more often, it's a lot of money compared to how much it used to cost as a one off payment. 

On 06/10/2024 at 20:41, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

I signed up for Netflix just so I can play the 24 version, I previously bought older versions. This year's game I basically have barely played, I started a career as O Elvas in the Portuguese Championship Group D as I always start out at the bottom, less pressure and all, I started that career many months ago and have only played one game. I play Football Chairman 2 a lot. The problem with the Netflix thing, I don't watch a single thing on Netflix, I ain't a fan of streaming as it's mostly garbage, there is though a doc on there at the moment about Vince McMahon which I've been watching, so I'm paying £4.99 a month to play FMM24, that works out to £59.88 a year just to play a mobile game, so essentially I'm paying £59.88 to play a game which usually would only cost just under £10, that's crazy really, I'm someone who can't work due to illness, so every penny counts when you don't have a job, and £59.88 ain't small change, it's a lot of money when your out of work. I know I barely play the game but I do plan on playing it more often, it's a lot of money compared to how much it used to cost as a one off payment. 

From a commercial perspective, I understand why they’ve made that to go to Netflix. The same way that FMT is on Apple Arcade. It might be that that was the only way SI would release the game again.

Granted it’s still a lot more than buying the game outright, but if your Netflix subscription is purely to play FMM, why don’t you cancel it in the summer months and only pay / play between November and end of the season? That’s what I did for FMT.