what attributes besides finishing do i need to score 1v1s?

we are creating SOOOO many chances buts its ridiculous how many chances we're missing. my 3 main goal scorers - LW and RCM routinely miss at least 1 1v1 each per game, ST misses at least 2 per game. my ST just had a game where he missed FIVE! 1v1s where there wasnt even a CB close to him and a few other half chances. 

we're doing extremely well but things couldve even better (like unrealistically better lol)

image.png.55443fa6caae53004c72a0798e70daa6.png

44 games played so far this season

i know its already very impressive but you should see the goals that the guy misses. like whats the IRL 1v1 conversion rate for a striker who youd say has similar attributes as my ST? theres no way theyre converting 1 in 6 1v1s. 

image.png.36036e2bf4840d5a0bdb07afe70fb69b.png

image.png.2095c7e2d08bf802aef70c9071bf2d3a.png

my Mez/a

image.png.bbd47045ab16175693fddbee9e3ea684.png

my LW

image.png.dc22ec5abc7b42d32dae5f7f445a340e.png

13 hours ago, thebreadlady said:

like whats the IRL 1v1 conversion rate for a striker who youd say has similar attributes as my ST?

Johnny is spot on in terms of attributes.

In addtion, check the quality of the 1 v 1 in terms of xG. You can get poor 1 v 1s on an angle that's around 0.16 xG, which isn't a horrible chance in general, but they should be around the 0.22-0.33 xG range.

Also important to check for a pattern in terms of which foot the chance falls to. If your player keeps getting chances presented to him on his left foot, but he's right footed, that's going to affect his finishing ability/attributes a lot.

9 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Composure, Decisions, Balance etc - Like you say, your man is doing fine, he's unlikely to score a hattrick every game 

what other attributes? 

on the surface level hes doing fine but how would you feel if your striker misses MULTIPLE 1v1s every game. 

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Johnny is spot on in terms of attributes.

In addtion, check the quality of the 1 v 1 in terms of xG. You can get poor 1 v 1s on an angle that's around 0.16 xG, which isn't a horrible chance in general, but they should be around the 0.22-0.33 xG range.

Also important to check for a pattern in terms of which foot the chance falls to. If your player keeps getting chances presented to him on his left foot, but he's right footed, that's going to affect his finishing ability/attributes a lot.

theyre good xG chances and most are on his stronger foot

16 minutes ago, thebreadlady said:

theyre good xG chances and most are on his stronger foot

Yes, but how 'good'? That's why I provided figures. It's important to know just how good the game considered the chance.

Who are we talking about - the striker? I'm just asking because you posted 3 profiles but you only specifically mention an issue with the striker. All your finishers have a few weaknesses and in the case of your striker, it's Balance. The type of chance will be important if it is him. Running at pace, on the turn or first time shots will be affected for a CL quality team and 'only' having 13 for Balance.

I'm trying to get quite specific here because there is an issue, but it's not quite clear exactly where. So it's a case of eliminating possible reasons to try and narrow down what the cause is.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes, but how 'good'? That's why I provided figures. It's important to know just how good the game considered the chance.

You seem to mention 1 player but you posted 3 above - who are we talking about - the striker? All your finishers have a few weaknesses and in the case of your striker, it's Balance. The type of chance will be important if it is him. Running at pace, on the turn or first time shots will be affected for a CL quality team and 'only' having 13 for Balance.

because as i mentioned in the original post, the biggest problem is my striker who misses MULTIPLE 1v1 every game, my LW and Mez also miss 1v1s themselves with my Mez being the 2nd biggest culprit. its always when theyre in behind the defenders. 

this game was what "broke the camel's back", my guy missed 6 opportunities like this this game - 

image.png.b93a0cd2d88528bcf73e18eda7c9f920.png

image.png.49cd8848dc8701ca2a3e84ba041a5633.png

image.png.2970e08dee9d9425eea9f1b76da94f02.png

image.png.2a0cbda40ba917dd25c4a62a681f90ae.png

my LW was tearing them, feeding my ST through balls

image.png.bb15fc43a99019acc29c6811a8f56644.png

image.png.074536aa36b6649dc2646894f4d184cd.png

image.png.cb182b8dfcb60ce8bdc8ca08e43319c1.png

these are typically the kind of chances we get. to me its unacceptable for him to miss 3 or 4 these every game, add in my LW and Mez missing the same kind of chances and its >4 chances. what attributes is needed for these kinda chances?

9 minutes ago, thebreadlady said:

what attributes is needed for these kinda chances?

The ones @Johnny Ace mentioned. Finishing, Composure, Balance and Decisions, mainly.

Keep in mind that a player's body language on the day is also important. A nervous player can have excellent attributes, but he won't be at 100% on the day, for example.

11 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

The ones @Johnny Ace mentioned. Finishing, Composure, Balance and Decisions, mainly.

Keep in mind that a player's body language on the day is also important. A nervous player can have excellent attributes, but he won't be at 100% on the day, for example.

only thing lacking is balance. 13 balance and the guy misses these sorts of chances. he'd have prime messi cr7 numbers if he even scored half of his 1v1s. 

which one of these guys look the best cause im gonna bankrupt my club to see if my ST will convert more?

image.png.a0abcbe3e3d0b2df4fa1d9f174c2191d.png

image.png.ff30dfc7037b8eb59f09d8adb9a640f4.png

image.png.58a35baa5e87ef835d860ce9fe2aff36.png

budget option - 

image.png.6b5140a077938d19ff399e6605b04179.png

Most of those players are totally overloaded with Traits and they all have conflicting ones.  If there is an issue with you scoring 1v1s I’d start there - players really don’t need so many and will just confuse themselves with what they’re supposed to do.  For example, telling an attacking player to move into channels, place shots, go round the keeper, lob the keeper and try first time shots is going to affect how he behaves in 1v1s because he has conflicting instructions which will affect his decision making process and composure.

However, in terms of your desire to “convert more” - you’ve won 22 out of 24 matches, lost none and scored a boat load of goals while conceding hardly any.  That suggests to me that what may actually be at fault here (or at least in part) is an unbalanced graphical showing of how you are scoring goals ie., perhaps the graphics engine is showing you scoring too many of other types while not showing you enough of scoring 1v1s.  That can be a thing in the match/graphics engines and something SI try to keep balanced.  If we were earlier in the cycle I’d suggest starting a bug report and giving a copy of your save to SI for their review, but FM25’s around the corner so that’d be pointless now.

51 minutes ago, herne79 said:

he has conflicting instructions which will affect his decision making process

Oh mi god I think I just understood why tactics should be simple unless you know what you are doing. I never stop to think that players with poor decisions will struggle to determine what instruction should they use if the ones given are conflicting. I'm on a really eureka moment right now :D

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Most of those players are totally overloaded with Traits and they all have conflicting ones.  If there is an issue with you scoring 1v1s I’d start there - players really don’t need so many and will just confuse themselves with what they’re supposed to do.  For example, telling an attacking player to move into channels, place shots, go round the keeper, lob the keeper and try first time shots is going to affect how he behaves in 1v1s because he has conflicting instructions which will affect his decision making process and composure.

how do you keep misreading my posts? lol

in the first post is where i posted MY players and as you can see they dont have too many PPMs. the striker only has a knocks ball past and runs down right PPM cause i guess he started out as a RW and/or the AI is dumb to train those PPMs cause he already had those PPMs when i joined the club. 

the players youre referring to having too many PPMs are the top STs willing to join after i filtered out the attributes @Johnny Ace mentioned, i only posted them to ask which one i should go after. all top strikers with the required attributes - high finishing, balance, composure, decision - are loaded with PPMs by the AI. 

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

However, in terms of your desire to “convert more” - you’ve won 22 out of 24 matches, lost none and scored a boat load of goals while conceding hardly any.  That suggests to me that what may actually be at fault here (or at least in part) is an unbalanced graphical showing of how you are scoring goals ie., perhaps the graphics engine is showing you scoring too many of other types while not showing you enough of scoring 1v1s.  That can be a thing in the match/graphics engines and something SI try to keep balanced.  If we were earlier in the cycle I’d suggest starting a bug report and giving a copy of your save to SI for their review, but FM25’s around the corner so that’d be pointless now.

this goes back to the point of how am i to fix something if its not showing me whats right and whats wrong accurately. 

1 hour ago, bosque said:

Oh mi god I think I just understood why tactics should be simple unless you know what you are doing. I never stop to think that players with poor decisions will struggle to determine what instruction should they use if the ones given are conflicting. I'm on a really eureka moment right now :D

you can have plenty of PPMs on a player as long as they mesh well together. my most lethal and favourite winger in the history of my FM saves had a ton of PPMs - hugs line, run down the right flank, cut inside, beats opponent repeatedly, tries tricks, comes deep for ball, curls ball, outside of boot, killer balls, refrain from long shots, playing in as a WM/a on the right hand side and the guy wasnt even an elite winger - sadly this was on FMT, its a lot harder to train PPMs on full fat FM. 

38 minutes ago, thebreadlady said:

how do you keep misreading my posts? lol

First one I’ve misread.  You just don’t accept the issue could be tactical which is why I didn’t bother repeating myself.

40 minutes ago, thebreadlady said:

this goes back to the point of how am i to fix something if its not showing me whats right and whats wrong accurately.

If it is related to that there is no fixing it as it would be a balancing issue for SI to sort.

9 hours ago, herne79 said:

First one I’ve misread.  You just don’t accept the issue could be tactical which is why I didn’t bother repeating myself.

If it is related to that there is no fixing it as it would be a balancing issue for SI to sort.

you can see my results. as i said before i dont see blatant recurring tactical issues except silly mistakes. just like the gerrard slip example, if the ME is using that to show me that theres a tactical issue then its the game's fault.

heres something else that just happened: once again, we were dominating, the opposition had no shots and on one of their many clearances both my RCB and RB go for the loose ball. RB gets to the ball first but since they were standing so close together they tangle up for like a solid 5 seconds. the opposition striker wasnt even close, he wasnt even trying to chase down the loose ball, but because of this circus debacle he pounced and ran past them for an easy 1v1 goal while they were still "hugging it out". a proper clown show lol

so i refuse to admit its a tactical error if the ME is misrepresenting tactical error by showing my isolated stupid individual errors instead.