Contract types in different leagues.

EnigMattic1

In the editor, there are a number of 'different' contract types (Designated Player, Generation Adidas).

Does anyone know if they can only be used in their respective countries due to hard-coding or will they work in any league? 

On 04/10/2024 at 13:36, EnigMattic1 said:

Does anyone know what the 'future professional' contract type is?

No idea. See them in various competitions, so my assumption is that it is something that will alert the game to offer a pro-contract soon.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

No idea. See them in various competitions, so my assumption is that it is something that will alert the game to offer a pro-contract soon.

I am able to find players with the 'Scholarship Player' contract in-game, but I can't find anything in the registration rules for that specific contract type in order to test if it works in other countries. Same with the MLS 'Generation Adidas' contracts.

image.png.3be21651a484f2b228ced32b6ae4e467.png

I have found these two options (Australian A League squad and MLS Squad) that could work. But I am not sure exactly what they do in-game.

Edited by EnigMattic1

Some were for MLS and A-League for sure, maybe other leagues with weird rule quirks like China. Some probably aren't even active anymore, like they were used to represent a specific contract type that doesn't exist anymore and they just never coded it out. Same with stuff like that "non-Turkic players" rule, at one point years ago they had that in Turkey and I'm not sure it even works in the game anymore (you can't, like, repurpose that "Turkic" agreement to make it apply to another group of nations) but it's in multiple places still

Edited by themodelcitizen

11 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Some were for MLS and A-League for sure, maybe other leagues with weird rule quirks like China. Some probably aren't even active anymore, like they were used to represent a specific contract type that doesn't exist anymore and they just never coded it out. Same with stuff like that "non-Turkic players" rule, at one point years ago they had that in Turkey and I'm not sure it even works in the game anymore (you can't, like, repurpose that "Turkic" agreement to make it apply to another group of nations) but it's in multiple places still

This probably. The editor had a lot of left-over code. Some of it was cleaned up in the FM23 and 24 versions though.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

This probably. The editor had a lot of left-over code. Some of it was cleaned up in the FM23 and 24 versions though.

I was wondering if the 'MLS squad' and 'Australian A League Squad' were there because of the rules regarding scholarships in Australia, and the long term injury thing in the States as I haven't seen either in any other league. 

I will see what happens if I use those options in a file.

Edited by EnigMattic1