Should we get new data updates for FM24?

5 minutes ago, Wong77 said:

I don't know about the FM community in other countries, but based on what I've observed in the Chinese FM community, there are a significant number of players who have a low desire to buy FM25. On the Steam platform, out of a total of 17,428 reviews for FM24, the number of Chinese reviews is 2,095, which is about 12%, and I think the response from Chinese players is quite representative.

In our opinion, the commercial impact of launching fm25 next March would be disastrous, because by then the 2024/25 season will be over and it's really not attractive to play with a database that has already produced most of its results in reality.

The biggest advantage fm has always had is the instant & comprehensive database, not the engine, because there are still a large number of players using the 2D match mode - you can see that in this community. I don't think most users will buy an unattractive database for the new engine - not to mention the fact that the new engine is very worrying and pessimistic based on what we've seen so far.

So here's my suggestion: release a paid dlc with fm24 data updates, then abandon fm25 and go all out for fm26 or even fm27.

Firstly, congratulations on your promotion to being able to speak for the entire community of Chinese FM players. I wasn't aware their was such a position. Secondly, I'm not sure paid dlc is a road I'd want SI to move down. Games as a service with regular paid dlc intervals is abhorrent to me and once you start down that path a game rarely goes back.

I also don't think they can just abandon FM25. There will be contractual and licensing agreements that must be upheld and the game, barring a catastrophic failure, would still need to be released. It is worrying that the game has been delayed and it is worrying that it happens at a time when they are making inroads into a new engine and the addition of women's football. Maybe they bit off more than they could chew.

The right thing would be for SI to come out and put to bed one way or the other that there won't be any movement on FM24 and its all hands on deck for FM25. However I think they'll just bury their heads now until January.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, ds_61_1 said:

Firstly, congratulations on your promotion to being able to speak for the entire community of Chinese FM players. I wasn't aware their was such a position. Secondly, I'm not sure paid dlc is a road I'd want SI to move down. Games as a service with regular paid dlc intervals is abhorrent to me and once you start down that path a game rarely goes back.

I also don't think they can just abandon FM25. There will be contractual and licensing agreements that must be upheld and the game, barring a catastrophic failure, would still need to be released. It is worrying that the game has been delayed and it is worrying that it happens at a time when they are making inroads into a new engine and the addition of women's football. Maybe they bit off more than they could chew.

The right thing would be for SI to come out and put to bed one way or the other that there won't be any movement on FM24 and its all hands on deck for FM25. However I think they'll just bury their heads now until January.

I didn't say that I represent the entire Chinese community or that the entire Chinese community shares my opinion, I just used the many opinions I have seen as a support for my point of view, as the last paragraph says: ‘my suggestion’

3 minutes ago, Wong77 said:

I didn't say that I represent the entire Chinese community or that the entire Chinese community shares my opinion, I just used the many opinions I have seen as a support for my point of view, as the last paragraph says: ‘my suggestion’

That's because you edited your post. In the post I quoted you can clearly see where you said "In our opinion". You've now edited it to say "in my opinion". But carry on.

9 minutes ago, ds_61_1 said:

That's because you edited your post. In the post I quoted you can clearly see where you said "In our opinion". You've now edited it to say "in my opinion". But carry on.

This is to avoid the misunderstanding like you just had: in Chinese, the word ‘we’ doesn't necessarily mean everyone, for example, in a class of 20, two students can use ‘we’ to express their opinions, and this doesn't affect the others or all members from using ‘us’ when expressing their opinions. And I also said I had seen plenty of opinions that are same with mine so I can use the word "our".

Edited by Wong77

45 minutes ago, Wong77 said:

In my opinion, the commercial impact of launching fm25 next March would be disastrous, because by then the 2024/25 season will be over and it's really not attractive to play with a database that has already produced most of its results in reality.

I've never understood this way of thinking. Your game world changes from real life when you hit continue on the first day. What results have transpired in real life is completely irrelevant. 

The only real important thing from a 'realism' point of view when your game starts, is that all the players are at the correct clubs. I'd assume the 'world' options they introduced in FM24 will still be there in the next game, so you should be able to start the game as it was at the start of 24/25 or as it is at the time (March 25), catering for all options. After that, the gloves are off, it's your own universe then. 

16 hours ago, haregi7418 said:

I agree with this

Id rather SI put FM24 aside and put all their focus on 25

Y'all have to stop asking for an update, it's not going to happen, ever. 

Let SI work In peace. They got a major game to blow us away with.

Whether it’s gonna happen or not, I would like to hear it from an SI-official. With all the respect to you. There are a lot of reasonable arguments and wishes for both sides.

As I stated earlier, an official announcement, whatever it entails, takes the the sting out of this discussion and it benefits everyone.

It's perhaps a little simpler to think of it in a different way than expecting an answer from SI. How many posts across these forums and the wider internet go without a response? How many people feel an issue needs to be addressed by SI and they simply don't get that answer? 

There's always been a relatively simple approach of announcing things when there's something to announce. If SI were to do an unprecedented update at this late stage then I'm sure they would announce it. You might not even be able to buy FM24 in a months time.