From Landesliga to Legend

Deisler26

popup(4).png.d9ca8022602df7bb1864e5b0d319cb03.png

The Final FM24 Career

MTV_Wolfenbttel.svg-removebg-preview.png.0b976c37a93c83de0220cc795069fcbe.png  1addb8c9daded42205e58ebef3f735e2-removebg-preview(1).png.3ebd3d9f82e37580d58a5a5d8dce58ad.png

Nikolas Manageren: A New Chapter Begins at MTV Wolfenbüttel

At the age of 33, Nikolas Manageren, a driven and passionate German football coach, is set to embark on his first management role with MTV Wolfenbüttel, a semi-professional club known for its deep-rooted traditions and community spirit. Having just earned his prestigious TFV (Thüringer Fußball-Verband) coaching license, Manageren is poised to integrate youth development as a central pillar of his managerial philosophy.

Early Life and Playing Career

Nikolas Manageren was born on March 28, 1991, in Solingen in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, 25 km east of Düsseldorf along the northern edge of the Bergisches Land, south of the Ruhr. Growing up in a football-mad region, he was quickly captivated by the sport, often found kicking a ball around in the streets or at the local park. His early talent was recognized when he joined the youth academy of Fortuna Düsseldorf, one of the more prominent football clubs in the region.

As a defensive midfielder, Manageren became known for his intelligent positioning, leadership on the pitch, and tactical awareness. Although he had a full youth career, a series of injuries throughout his late teens hindered his transition to professional football. On being released at 21, realizing that his playing career would never reach the heights he had hoped, Manageren turned his sights toward coaching, a realm where he could apply his keen football mind.

Coaching Journey

Manageren began his coaching career working with youth teams at local clubs, eager to pass on his knowledge and love for the game to the next generation of players. He quickly established a reputation for his attention to detail and ability to develop young talents. Recognizing that technical skills alone were not enough, Manageren encouraged his players to think tactically, communicate effectively, and approach the game with discipline and focus.

Over the next several years, he worked his way up the coaching ladder, gaining experience with a variety of youth setups. Manageren was not only focused on winning matches but also on nurturing well-rounded footballers who could make the leap from youth football to the senior game. His successes in this area didn’t go unnoticed, and in 2023, he completed his TFV coaching license with flying colors, officially entering the professional coaching realm.

First Management Job: MTV Wolfenbüttel

Shortly after earning his TFV license, Nikolas Manageren received a call from MTV Wolfenbüttel, a club that had long prided itself on its community ties but had been struggling for consistency in recent years. With a limited youth academy in place but no success in transitioning young players to the first team, the club saw Manageren as the perfect fit to bring new life into the squad.

For Manageren, MTV Wolfenbüttel represented the ideal starting point for his managerial career. The club’s stated commitment to youth development aligned perfectly with his personal coaching philosophy. His mandate was clear: revitalize the team’s performances on the pitch while ensuring a steady flow of talented young players from the academy to the first team.

Vision for Youth Development

Nikolas Manageren is deeply committed to the belief that young players should be given the opportunity to play at the highest level as early as possible. His primary focus as a manager is on integrating the best youth prospects into the senior team, ensuring that they are ready both mentally and physically to compete.

Manageren’s tactical approach is modern and forward-thinking. He prefers a possession-based system, with quick transitions and a strong emphasis on pressing high up the pitch. However, his philosophy goes beyond just tactics; he believes in developing players who are not only technically skilled but also adaptable, intelligent, and capable of making decisions under pressure.

At MTV Wolfenbüttel, Manageren has already set about making changes. He has established regular communication between the youth academy coaches and the senior staff, ensuring a clear pathway for players. Additionally, he has instituted a policy where youth players regularly train with the first team, accelerating their development by exposing them to a higher level of competition and intensity.

A Manager to Watch

Though only 33 and just beginning his managerial career, Nikolas Manageren is already considered one of the most promising young coaches in German football. His understanding of the game, coupled with his commitment to nurturing young talent, sets him apart in a footballing world that is often overly focused on short-term success.

At MTV Wolfenbüttel, Manageren’s first season will likely be a challenging one, as he balances the need for immediate results with his long-term vision of building a team grounded in youth development. However, those who know him believe that Manageren has the intelligence, work ethic, and passion to make his mark on German football. If he can succeed in bringing young players through the ranks while improving the team’s fortunes, Nikolas Manageren could well be on his way to bigger opportunities in the years to come.

For the old readers here, this will be a little different. (tbf, I'm grateful if there are any old readers haha).

I will be running with a Director of Football making all my decisions on players and staff until the Regionaliga, at which point, I HOPE we have enough about us to look at being a semi-professional side. We're starting in the Landesliga Braunsweig, the German 6th tier, which will be tough to get out of. 

eac608b95d91018b78bd1200fdf49947.png

My plans are to go youth only once we reach the Regionaliga as well, just to make it a little harder haha.

So here is are the men who will attempt to take MTV Wolfenbüttel to the promised land

niko.png.a03327021d5e17453adb7bd5c8a4d50f.png Nikolas Manageren, 33, Head Coach. His first job and hopefully his last. But it'll be dependent on whether our new DoF can do anything...

dof-removebg(1).png.2b2e5690e609ac917299c4eaf6aed443.png Andreas Koch, 44, Director of Football. This guy is going to run all our operations, leaving me to fit what we get into the formation...

I've never tried this before, so it'll be interesting to see how far I get. Or how fired I get. We start with the lowest stats and licences. So VORWARTS!

This is beautiful! I think that, with this announcement, many people are bringing their FM25 ideas to FM25, so we'll see a lot more o this this kind of thing. I'm really excited to see how you manage youth development in an elite league, when you get there. I'm still not amazing at that trade off between giving experience vs using the experience we have but I know you'll teach me a thing or two...

13 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I will be running with a Director of Football making all my decisions on players and staff until the Regionaliga, at which point, I HOPE we have enough about us to look at being a semi-professional side.

I think a DoF type save is not utilised enough by many FM players. 

I sort of go half way and allow the DoF to sign players for all squads, but retain the authority to negotiate and then confirm the transfers, (so I get a kind of veto). 

I must admit that I haven't played a full German save since my Regensburg days. :idiot:

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think a DoF type save is not utilised enough by many FM players. 

I sort of go half way and allow the DoF to sign players for all squads, but retain the authority to negotiate and then confirm the transfers, (so I get a kind of veto). 

I must admit that I haven't played a full German save since my Regensburg days. :idiot:

I'll be honest, it's scaring the pants off me. :D

End of August 2023 Transfer Window.

Players

aa3c8d82389229d10802ed14a8ce60c1.png

Our DoF was very very busy... Sadly, almost all of the signed players were 15/16 and destined for the U-18's.. Sigh. The only two who ended up being in the first team were 6'7" striker Stefan Langer and 29 year old backup keeper Marc KasslerOur DoF also loaned in two wingers, Millgramm (left) and Boakye (right). We also loaned Naumann for the centre of the park. Everyone is on 1 year amateur deals, so there is no point giving them faces or getting attached tbh, but with a storming start to the season in which we are top after 6 games, unbeaten and un-scored-against, I think we'll be on the right track quicker than we hoped.

Staff

Andreas was very busy once again, although he didn't get the one thing I need most which is an Assistant Manager. But we do have some staff now, so come meet them.

r-2002114135.png.fac7148cff9585f1d44de5b3bac36559.png Thorben Bismarck, 24, Chief Scout. - Not entirely bothered about his bad stats, as I won't be doing any signings with him. Let's hope he and Andreas mesh well.

r-2002111106.png.397c704af0920df3c6a56caf93db5042.png Leon Stolze, 29, Head Physio. - Hopefully, he's average for the Landesliga, because he's awful otherwise...

r-2002111688.png.811fddce9391055ffe3266cdf60ebf38.png Phillip Dobner, 25, Physio. - Another 'average' level physio, but we at least have staff to look after the injured.

r-2002114440.png.675207332f4ea7f5737aec3a242dffcf.png Roger Bollenrath, 31, Goalkeeping Coach. - It's coaching staff. It may not be good, but we're not good, so it's a match made in heaven.

r-2002111614.png.38204d1c96faf42ebeca0f4bbf484f25.png Jens Motz, 33, Under 19 Manager. - That's one job I don't have to do, so thanks, Andreas!

2023/24 Youth Intake Preview.

df4566dcb5ead9ef3a76060394ea3284.png

Found this slightly weird as with the preview, it turns out our DoF has signed them all already in December... huh. To wit, we have just one player worth a lot. The Man with a Face.

70dfef18b2beb33a78aeb4f46ce8eba9-removebg-preview.png.0c2fe725cddf214d1ffa8e0a58e8c2dc.png Gerald Deiters, 16, ML/AMLC. - This was the only half-decent prospect and this is only because of his prodigious pace.

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

70dfef18b2beb33a78aeb4f46ce8eba9-removebg-preview.png.0c2fe725cddf214d1ffa8e0a58e8c2dc.png Gerald Deiters, 16, ML/AMLC. - This was the only half-decent prospect and this is only because of his prodigious pace.

He looks so different in real life :lol:

Good luck with this, you and the other German saves going on make me want to do a save in Germany, so many ideas for saves (nowhere near enough time to play them lol).

24 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

He looks so different in real life :lol:

Good luck with this, you and the other German saves going on make me want to do a save in Germany, so many ideas for saves (nowhere near enough time to play them lol).

You have until March now haha!

23 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Andreas Koch, 44, Director of Football.

I hope you're playing a 442 :lol:

I'd love to play a DoF-driven save but the lack of confidence in AI staff would terrify me. It goes without saying I'll be watching this with great interest... fingers crossed Andreas doesn't destroy the club before you can get promoted.

22 minutes ago, warlock said:

I hope you're playing a 442 :lol:

I'd love to play a DoF-driven save but the lack of confidence in AI staff would terrify me. It goes without saying I'll be watching this with great interest... fingers crossed Andreas doesn't destroy the club before you can get promoted.

I am, it seemed the easiest to work with until I can have greater control over the team. It terrifies me too, but it does actually mean I can concentrate on the games to get me out of the Landesliga/Oberliga.

End of January 2024 Transfer Window.

Players

440ffae95fa57c97af58f2104f602d18.png

Our DoF was busy once again. 4 players for the youth team and five for the first team. He signed centre-backs Ramen Cepele who has one cap for Albania, and Miguel Plaza. Then came two central midfielders in Valentin Henneke & Cerruti Siya and finally a right winger in Kosovan national Altrim Pajaziti. 

End of Season 1.

Heartbreak. Pain and heartbreak. The whole season was a shootout between us and Eintracht Braunschweig II, with their first team in 2.Bundesliga. We split the season series with them, winning and losing 0-1 to put us two points ahead with two games to go. We then played FC Eintract Northeim in the penultimate game of the season and we saw our dreams crash in the last possible second as Northeim scored an absolute beauty to end the game at 2-2 and put us a point behind with a game to go. Despite a 3-0 win against SVG Göttingen in the last game, Braunschweig II beat bottom side TSV Landolfshausen 4-0, to take the title.

It truly hurt, to get the equivalent of 101 points in a 38 game season (we play a 34 game season) and still finish 2nd in the Landesliga Braunschweig. With one promotion spot and a lot of debt accrued throughout the season, it's going to be interesting to see if we can beat the relegated Oberliga side into second place next season. We also made the Niedersaschen Amateure Final which holds a DfB Pokal spot for the winner. We faced a higher-league team in Oberliga Niedersaschen side VfV Borussia 06 Hildesheim and we fell short, losing 0-1 to end the season potless when it was looking like we were on for a Double. 

15 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Is this heartbreak or is this a chance for another season of 80% win rate, allowing your promising youngsters to thrive, building a squad and enhancing your reputation?

I have no promising youngsters. To be honest, I have very little in the way of facilities or chances to develop. This is why I'm relying on my DoF to do everything, bar tactics and matches. Once I get to the Regionaliga THEN the development will begin

Edited by Deisler26

18 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

I have no promising youngsters. To be honest, I have very little in the way of facilities or chances to develop. This is why I'm relying on my DoF to do everything, bar tactics and matches. Once I get to the Regionaliga THEN the development will begin

Just trying to be positive! ;)

37 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Just trying to be positive! ;)

I've very positive about the future :D

With regards to your idea on club branding, I think once I get to the level where I can get decent standard affiliates, My version will involve me picking them on the basis that they follow my principles, making sure they play 4-4-2 and have good youth setups.

10 minutes ago, Carambau said:

To make this complete, you should sign Lilian Laslandes, who was nicknamed "Lilian Laslandesliga" when he played (and underperformed) for Cologne back in the day :D

Too good for me, sadly..:mad:

popup(5).png.1d56e533e0c93803a8fb8ce4a058aef8.png

Season 2

This season is going to be interesting, The chairman wants Automatic Promotion to the Oberliga. Bearing in mind we couldn't get promoted with an almost record-breaking season last year, doesn't fill me with confidence. He also wants me to go deep in the Niedersaschen Amateure, which I hope so to. All in all, I hope I survive this season or we get a new Chairman, which may actually happen as we're knee-deep in debt...

Transfers

cca5a463e0fc3d070ba8756f8772bf2d.pngfab9584034da20e4b6f078444945ad2f.png

My DoF brought in a midfielder and a new goalie for us, whilst loaning in a young centre-back. We got some money for the club's top scorer last season and we lost some players we didn't need.

Coaches

r-2002077501.png.4a2796064acab5ffa4640e6ddb2ac641.png Jens Aehlen, 60, First Team Scout - He's not good, but that's on the DoF. 

r-2002151552.png.b8e4823c3a135b619f6b20aa8e5d05fa.png Alexander Frese, 22, First Team Scout - He's young and it's his first job. Let's see how the DoF saw this.

r-2002114398.png.c306eab4e9ce38c56246c7f3c74f73cf.png Patrick Froschauer, 27, Fitness Coach - The team was bitching about our fitness coaching, so our DoF took notice.

Edited by Deisler26

End of January 2025 Transfer Window

Players:

In

3269d834ee82caac14a2fd91a8298416.png

A left back and a winger in on loan. Thanks DoF!

Out

eb9c6493339b5c919e5946b666f9f3ae.png

Tired of not playing, he's moved on.

Staff:

c2e3bec3ff548d5be2b489b27aa0706f-removebg-preview.png.990bd05abb696aa306dabd0423597883.png   Kevin Grund, 37, Assistant Manager - It's only taken a season and a half ffs. GROND! GROND! GROND! Sorry, Grund is perfectly adequate for our level

r-2002113966.png.5a44f88ee413e57edaeac426d09d4431.png Nedim Koç, 46, Head of Youth Development - Really happy with the DoF's work here. He put out an ad for a HOYD and had no replies for six months, before a flood. Koç was the best.

Edited by Deisler26

End of Season 2.

Last year was filled with heartbreak, this year was filled with joy as we had 13 less points this season, but won the league by 18 points as we finished 1st in Landesliga BraunschweigWe lost far more games this season and were running with just 15 players in the end. But we coasted to the title in the end. Not only did we go one better in the league, we also went one better in the Verbandspokal Niedersaschen (Amateure) as we beat Oberliga side SV Ramlingen-Ehlershausen on penalties after a 1-1 draw. It was a harder struggle this season as we were taken to penalties by a lower division side and then beat an Oberliga side on penalties, the very next round. 

43459d71a2915bae714e34f41eb0945d.jpg

Janosch Bauer finished as top goalscorer with 30 goals and youth product Gerald Deiters topped our assist charts with 14. As a team, we were the best team in Goals Scored and had the best defence in the league. 

Next season, we are looking at wholesale changes, we are heavily in debt and a lot of our players are out of contract. We have to keep hold of Deiters, our only youth prospect, above all else and Marc-Aaron Kassler, who could become a player/coach with us. We should get a lot of money for our DfB Pokal appearance next season.

Season 3

We had a tough time last season, but managed promotion. Now the chairman wants us to finish in mid table in the Oberliga Niedersaschen and reach the latter stages of the Verbundneidersaschenpokal. We're supposed to be competitive in the DfB Pokal, but it's our first appearance and I'm pretty sure we'll end up facing a decent team. We were given a £1.5k transfer budget and a £3.1k wage budget.

News

b2eef96c5fccfc9de131ec6e453b624f.png

Huge money...

Edited by Deisler26

End of August 2025 Transfer Window

Transfers:

IN

23b00c525095c66478a2bedd7d9ed84a.png

Andreas did well this season, picking up players to fit our gaps (of which there are many!) My favourite pick up was the below

c13edf30d3233bf1471884b8948a132d-removebg-preview.png.b3bc1ca427f5d158e115cee78f717536.png Ion Ciobanu, 19, AMRL/ST (Free Agent) The Moldovan international striker comes to us with a record of 9 international games and 5 goals. Great signing by the DoF.

The DoF did hit a bum note however with the loan signing of Cemali Akkus, as he was nowhere near good enough to play at all.

OUT

8736deaf514d8ce7cce52a36bfa94a44.png

We lost our starting centre-backs to Oberliga sides and our Kazakh international to homesickness. Some major departures, including the releases.

End of January 2026 Transfer Window

Transfers:

IN

5d46f68f2a9dd316d0a01c591ca61fe1.png

Andreas went a little off the rails this window. Despite signing Ciobanu's international striker partner, he decided to sign FOUR right backs. With the last one, immediately getting the arse after being dumped immediately into MTV II. We finally got someone we could play in the BWM role as well, which was excellent.

OUT

0ae90e10e4980b74e09424aa545a006c.png

This was heartbreaking. We lost our only decent youth prospect to the Regionaliga. 

End of Season 3

We were a decent side this season, despite being far more leaky, but when the chance came to make it into the latter stages of the the Verbandspokal Niedersaschen, I sacrificed the league for the cup. We eventually finished 4th in the Oberliga Niedersaschensix points off the playoffs, playing a lot of backups. We had three ties in the Verbandspokal Niedersaschen go to pens, but mainly against lower league sides. We knocked out the team that finished 2nd in our league in the Semi Final, only to face a 7th tier side in the Final, as we walked over them 4-1 to win our second consecutive cup. Finally, we faced 1.Bundesliga side Sport-Clube Freiburg in the first round of the DfB Pokal and was easily beaten 0-4. Ware Pakia scored 21 goals to lead the team this season and Jan Schlenger lead with 12 assists. But as ever, we're gonna be looking over our shoulder at the players who will be leaving this season.

News

6cc094e38897414821417d925aaa34a9.png

Regionaliga side TuS Blau-Weiss Lohne offered me a job, but I'm hoping to take the Wolves to glory, so it was REJECTED

728c4cbb7263a8a3fd60fa1b7405a352.png

The Chairman stays on this time. Let's see if that's a good thing