Moving MLS teams to England - they end up playing in both countries?

ALGF

I've moved all the MLS teams to level 10 in England. Their nation is set to England, based nation USA or Canada, and continental cup nation is England. I cannot see anywhere that any of them have a 'next division' set or anything like that. I moved some Sunday league teams to the MLS in return and set their nation and continental cup nation to the US with based nation still in England.

Now, the American teams show up perfectly in the English league system, and on their profile they show for example Northern Counties East Div 1, and compete successfully in these divisions, but they're also still present in the MLS? When I view a player for one of the sides it lists this season's history as MLS (with appearances/goals), even though they've been tearing up the English non-league. When I click to view the MLS itself (league not loaded) it lists all of the usual American/Canadian sides, but randomly also with one or two of the old English non-league sides I added (but not most of them)

Is this some MLS hardcoding black magic coming into play that the editor just can't undo?